Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member
dont think its bleached.. camera cannot capture the green. anyway its healthy so i wont worry about it.

sometimes when corals ship out, they get stressed n lose some of their colours. i ever see a few of my corals gaining xtra colours after settling down....

• Senior Reefer

sometimes when corals ship out, they get stressed n lose some of their colours. i ever see a few of my corals gaining xtra colours after settling down....

thanks bro :phone: maybe it is a little bleached but cannot tell the difference. you are right because i bought it on shipment day haha. will let it settle down and see if the colour improves. meanwhile will try to feed it some food once in awhile hehe.

:yeah:

• SRC Supporter

true octo?

the true octo looks like that transparent.

otheer than that i was told b4 it isnt a nice true octo.

bcos of that,it commands a higher price.

lps basically will not bleach due to shipment stress.

unless its without or with strong lighting for hrs-days.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

bro really nice tank you have. Hoping my tank will turn out something like yours someday... thanks for the frag!

btw, your true octo still haven't open up fully izzit? I realised mine took a few days to settle in, now it's really big and sways about quite abit!

• Senior Reefer
bro really nice tank you have. Hoping my tank will turn out something like yours someday... thanks for the frag!

btw, your true octo still haven't open up fully izzit? I realised mine took a few days to settle in, now it's really big and sways about quite abit!

hi bro. np for the frag! glad you enjoyed it! yea some of my corals never open fully because i turned on the lights about half hour before you came.

Nice to have met Mr Lemon2 himself at Henry's place :lol:

BTW, nice flasher wrasse you got there.

nice to meet u too thexder! thanks yea the flasher wrasse is nice :)

• Senior Reefer

Here's my latest FTS.. My old 1 ft long elegance coral passed away a few days ago... -sigh-. died due to my neglect which i could have avoided. was so healthy and because of my carelessness.... don't wanna dwell on it but everytime i think about it.. makes me so sad. sorry fragmaster T_T i let your coral down. keep so long and was a very healthy specimen which could have lasted for years to come. coz of my itchy fingers now its no more :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

post-15755-1253351299_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
lps basically will not bleach due to shipment stress.

unless its without or with strong lighting for hrs-days.

it happen to a few of my prata n bubble...last yr i gt a red prata but after 3 wks in my tank, the colour change to super red.....n once i gt a bubble like lemon's one...but after 2 mths, it become totally solid green....my guess is when they havest the coral, then collect then ship, the corals subject to some stress hence losing some colours.....i maybe wrong.....but i believe some reefer also come b4 corals of corals turning brighter n better after awhile..

• SRC Member
Here's my latest FTS.. My old 1 ft long elegance coral passed away a few days ago... -sigh-. died due to my neglect which i could have avoided. was so healthy and because of my carelessness.... don't wanna dwell on it but everytime i think about it.. makes me so sad. sorry fragmaster T_T i let your coral down. keep so long and was a very healthy specimen which could have lasted for years to come. coz of my itchy fingers now its no more :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

very very nice....but will be perfect if u hide the overflow or change to exterior overflow.....tank is full liao....time to upgrade :eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer

very very nice....but will be perfect if u hide the overflow or change to exterior overflow.....tank is full liao....time to upgrade :eyebrow:

bro you are right ;) i think so far in my tank thread u ask me to cover my overflow quite a few times. and i 100% agree because its getting quite an eye sore. maybe will build a small liverock mount and put some corals in it ya :D

what is the coral behind the yellow tang ?

looks kinda of bleach ?

• Senior Reefer
what is the coral behind the yellow tang ?

looks kinda of bleach ?

thats the bubble coral that Vtec said its bleached too. actually its the lighting lah...keep glaring because the bubble is quite luminous.

sorry to hear about your elegance :(

may i ask where did you get duncans? i can't find them anywhere

you can get them at reef depot. they are quite expensive, so i shared with a friend and got a frag instead.

• SRC Member
now that i have sold my harlequins, its great to have these guys crawling around :)

Aiyah, I thought I had a case of deja vu when I saw the pic, then I remembered that you msg me to tell me some time back I was too busy to reply! Hahahaha!

it happen to a few of my prata n bubble...last yr i gt a red prata but after 3 wks in my tank, the colour change to super red.....n once i gt a bubble like lemon's one...but after 2 mths, it become totally solid green....my guess is when they havest the coral, then collect then ship, the corals subject to some stress hence losing some colours.....i maybe wrong.....but i believe some reefer also come b4 corals of corals turning brighter n better after awhile..

Yah I agree, my pink bubble turned from light pink/white to solid pink after 2 or 3 months of strong light.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Supporter

they may loss colour or stress up due to no lighting,bad water quality in bag and a big change in water temp.

but then again most of them got bleach b4 they ship over as they do not have a good place to store the corals :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Senior Reefer
Wow... nice tank Lemon. Looks great.

Thanks bro!

they may loss colour or stress up due to no lighting,bad water quality in bag and a big change in water temp.

but then again most of them got bleach b4 they ship over as they do not have a good place to store the corals :)

Special thanks to bro reddevilz for teaching me the releasing of fish in the dark trick :) first time in months i successfully keep flasher wrasse without it jumping out! partly oso becoz my dotty and clown bid farewell.

Will be using that trick for these 2 babies tonight :D

post-15755-1253429060_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1253429069_thumb.jpg

Thanks bro!

Special thanks to bro reddevilz for teaching me the releasing of fish in the dark trick :) first time in months i successfully keep flasher wrasse without it jumping out! partly oso becoz my dotty and clown bid farewell.

Will be using that trick for these 2 babies tonight :D

the exact 2 fishes that I wanna get for my nano :)

.... drool......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!