Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

lost my phone so had to get a new one over the weekend. got myself the N97 nokia phone!! :D so happy

testing out the camera and i must say it takes pretty decent shots! here are some random photos of my tank. both upclose and not upclose

favia

post-15755-1247897934.jpg

post-15755-1247897962.jpg

• Senior Reefer
A little off topic, but I am looking forward to getting Satio from Sony Ericsson. 12.1 megapixels for some nice impromptu shots! :eyebrow:

Nice wrasse!

wow nice! 12.1 MP!! photos surely will look very good

and thanks. the wrasse is very niec

• Senior Reefer

paied a visit to GO after a logn while. VERY nice corals after friday's shipment. got myself a white pipe organ and luminous GSP. but the highlight is this orange and green favia. ITS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE IT

post-15755-1247999593.jpg

post-15755-1247999602.jpg

good pic bro!!

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
wow nice! 12.1 MP!! photos surely will look very good

and thanks. the wrasse is very niec

Nice mandarin. What do you feed it'?

In digital cameras, it's the optics and sensor that counts, not the megapixel count. 3megapix is good enough to produce sharp 4R size printouts. Megapixel war is used by big corporations to sell more cameras. ;-)

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer
Nice mandarin. What do you feed it'?

In digital cameras, it's the optics and sensor that counts, not the megapixel count. 3megapix is good enough to produce sharp 4R size printouts. Megapixel war is used by big corporations to sell more cameras. ;-)

this mandarin feeds on pellets and mysis. =)

ohh i din know that! thanks!!

• Senior Reefer
Wah going into planted freshwater? Nice... What's the tank volume and what you intend to keep inside?

no la haha. just something to play with. my marine tank nothing much to do already, just maintaining it.

the freshwater is 45cm x 30 cm high. not really planted haha. only few plants...and no theme yet. today added in some neon tetras. dont have much luck with them for as long as i remembered....will see how lor. if not then maybe a fighting fish pair :D

• SRC Member
no la haha. just something to play with. my marine tank nothing much to do already, just maintaining it.

the freshwater is 45cm x 30 cm high. not really planted haha. only few plants...and no theme yet. today added in some neon tetras. dont have much luck with them for as long as i remembered....will see how lor. if not then maybe a fighting fish pair :D

Judging your style, later you'll progress to Arapaimas... :idea:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer
Judging your style, later you'll progress to Arapaimas... :idea:

i used to have an arapaima in my grandmother's farm. it lived in a "pond" my grandfather built. apparently my uncled bought it illegaly when LFS were still selling them many years ago. it grew into a huge fish and died a few years ago. took 3 people to lift it up from the pond and buried it.

reallly nice fish. occasionaly it will drop one of its scale. and i remembered it being dark olive green in colour. very nice

i used to have an arapaima in my grandmother's farm. it lived in a "pond" my grandfather built. apparently my uncled bought it illegaly when LFS were still selling them many years ago. it grew into a huge fish and died a few years ago. took 3 people to lift it up from the pond and buried it.

reallly nice fish. occasionaly it will drop one of its scale. and i remembered it being dark olive green in colour. very nice

checked it out! BIG!!! :wacko:

• Senior Reefer

was moving some corals around and when i moved my GSP, i found that my blue mushrooms have multiplied and grew while being covered by the GSP! so nice right. i want to frag them but apparently they attatched themselves my rock sape...so cant frag =(

the second pic is under actinics. really glow bright blue

post-15755-1250243760_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1250243770_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
hw is ur clown doin ?

hi thanks for the concern. the clown is ok. still behaving weirdly but the colour not so pale already. just abit lighter coloured. cannot get a picture coz it keeps hiding in the elegance.

variety of nice corals in your tank.....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

• Senior Reefer

took a break from studying and took some pictures of my tank. amino acid structures and enzyme schematics is boring me to death :sick:

here's a cute little guy from coral farm yesterday. Bicolour blenny. very hard to take a clear photo of his beautiful orange tail...this was the best i got =(

post-15755-1251003046_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1251003057_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

some updates on my baby suns. my mother colony of sun coral produced hundreds of baby suns and now they are all over my liverock. some of them have grown big enough to eat pellets.

post-15755-1251003146_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1251003161_thumb.jpg