Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
Are yr supersuns sprouting? when i saw henry's display tank sprout with supersuns...its amazing.

my sun babies are not supersun. they are just normal suns. ya they are growing. in a few months time should be like henry's one. but not so much. mine mostly confined to the rocks. henry's one, glass also got.

• Senior Reefer
:) pleasure my friend...

i think the first piece needs more space to open up...

The one you gave me is in beta box... seriously cannot find space for it.

ya lor. the first one u gimme. now open quite big. i have already shifted liao (:

sorry for giving u such a huge piece...i din know ur tank had no space for it =\ i can compensate if u wan haha.

ya lor. the first one u gimme. now open quite big. i have already shifted liao (:

sorry for giving u such a huge piece...i din know ur tank had no space for it =\ i can compensate if u wan haha.

haha... siao lah... compensate?!?! dun worry, i'll find space for it. Besides it's a nice piece (something that i dun have).

:)

do let me know ur decision by later this evening k?? :)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

fell in love with it lol. but sadly it just died T_T.

jump out become kiam cai. when i came home it die already. are fairy wrasses good jumpers?

Mine still in the tank but is a real bully. Kept chasing my anthias.......hehe.... But the way your retrofit t5 looks good. where did you get it from? Comes with the stress bars and simply put it on the tank with no screws/brackets? I intending to add another 2 t5...

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• Senior Reefer
Mine still in the tank but is a real bully. Kept chasing my anthias.......hehe.... But the way your retrofit t5 looks good. where did you get it from? Comes with the stress bars and simply put it on the tank with no screws/brackets? I intending to add another 2 t5...

got it from a fellow reefer here.

the solar wrasse was very well behaved. but sadly it jumped out. heard they are good jumpers but din expect it to really jump..

got it from a fellow reefer here.

the solar wrasse was very well behaved. but sadly it jumped out. heard they are good jumpers but din expect it to really jump..

Buy another one and try lor....be worth it. I wondering if i should get from DE lighting....hmm....

Anyway boss, you tank looks good. :rolleyes:

• Senior Reefer
Buy another one and try lor....be worth it. I wondering if i should get from DE lighting....hmm....

Anyway boss, you tank looks good. :rolleyes:

more lighting is always good. but make sure u slowly acclimate ur corals to the new lights. otherwise will bleach. despite my efforts in doing so, one of my hammer showing signs of bleaching too.

no la my tank not nice. go take a look at redstar's tank or mr xxx one. v nice

more lighting is always good. but make sure u slowly acclimate ur corals to the new lights. otherwise will bleach. despite my efforts in doing so, one of my hammer showing signs of bleaching too.

no la my tank not nice. go take a look at redstar's tank or mr xxx one. v nice

From your pic, the retrofit t5 and ur existing lights are covering up most of the top area right? Maintainence more diffcult right? Boss your have a CR running as well??

• Senior Reefer
From your pic, the retrofit t5 and ur existing lights are covering up most of the top area right? Maintainence more diffcult right? Boss your have a CR running as well??

yes maintenance is difficult. will have to remove one light set if i want to do maintenance.

no dun hav CR running. manually top up. for me i think CR not very crucial for me since im keeping LPS/softies only

yes maintenance is difficult. will have to remove one light set if i want to do maintenance.

no dun hav CR running. manually top up. for me i think CR not very crucial for me since im keeping LPS/softies only

My tank is quite small also, i think i forget abt keeping sps. Just stick with my lps/softies. Trying to tahan....hahaha

• Senior Reefer
My tank is quite small also, i think i forget abt keeping sps. Just stick with my lps/softies. Trying to tahan....hahaha

u can have a nice tank with just LPS and softies. my tank now not a single polyp of SPS, and i find that it looks quite decent.

and cheaper also.

u can have a nice tank with just LPS and softies. my tank now not a single polyp of SPS, and i find that it looks quite decent.

and cheaper also.

I think my monti kena nudis...no wonder there are small white patch on it. As i saw two long colourful "feeders".....hmm..... :unsure:

• Senior Reefer

after alot of thinking, i decided to sell my Mooish Idol. this baby has been with me for exactly 2 months. eats heartily on anything from dry to frozen food. coral mucus, fish poop and basically almost everything edible. seeing as how faithful and healthy this specimen is, i feel bad for housing him in a small 3ft tank like mine, where space is an issue for him. breaks my heart to see him swim left to right in just under 2 seconds.

with this decision, i have decided to sell my moorish idol to a good fren, reddevilz. the fish will officially leave my tank on thursday when red gets back from his trip. hope he survives well in ur giant 6ft tank. with ample swimming space, im sure he will feel happy. feeding him will not be a problem. greedy as anything this guy. enjoy ur trip red! and have a good flight tonight.

A pic to remind me of what a great companion this guy has been to me. not many of you guys survive the trade and you have proved to be a trooper! good thing is i get to enjoy him for a couple of days more before i say my final goodbyes haha. and lets hope he survives till thursday for his new home!

post-15755-1239389104.jpg

• Senior Reefer

finally after much procrastination, i finally got a 2nd hand chiller from wilson (if ur reading this, thanks alot!)

the chiller is running on a 2nd hand eheim 1260. set the chiller temp to be lowest at around 26C. with the new chiller, can see my cooler water fish like royal gramma becoming more comfortable and more active. they really like the new chiller (:

very ugly now the hose from the chiller to the main tank. will be like this until i find a permanent way to house it.

post-15755-1239433596.jpg

post-15755-1239433603.jpg

post-15755-1239433610.jpg

finally after much procrastination, i finally got a 2nd hand chiller from wilson (if ur reading this, thanks alot!)

the chiller is running on a 2nd hand eheim 1260. set the chiller temp to be lowest at around 26C. with the new chiller, can see my cooler water fish like royal gramma becoming more comfortable and more active. they really like the new chiller (:

very ugly now the hose from the chiller to the main tank. will be like this until i find a permanent way to house it.

haha... why you thank me?? i should thank you for helping me clear my storeroom...

besides, you paid me for it...

A few ways to 'take care' of the ugly hose.

1) Instead of returning to your main tank, return it into the sump instead. Let the main return pump do the job.

This way, you'll need a lower rated pump + u will not see a hose running up into your main tank.

2) If you choose to keep to return to main tank, then run the hose via the back of the tank. Not from the side.

3) DIY or buy a small cabinet to 'enclose' the chiller. (i actually have 1 with ventilation, but am using it to put my table fan). haha...

4) Do up a full height cabinet. That'll cover up all ugly cabling + hoses + other accessories. (last resort)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

opps... sorry, i forgot 1 thing...

there's a way you can clean the front netting of the chiller (in the event it collects dust).

here's how you do it...

1) hold the bottom of the net with both hands on each sides.

2) Pull out towards you. (about 1-2cm will do)

3) Pull the entire netting downwards towards the floor.

that should remove the netting and you can then wash it.... (and make sure you dry it before re-attaching)

To install it, go steps 3 -> 2 -> 1. (replace pull with push, replace down with up, etc...)

hope this helps.. any issue, just call me, i can always drop by since i'm just 10mins away.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

thanks wilson!!! (: decided to put it in sump la. i tried in main tank but alot alot of micro bubbles coz of the skimmer and the pump being in the same compartment. now its in sump and its micro-bubble free. only thing is it takes longer to chill the tank. but thats ok. it gets the job done vrey nicely. 26C!! never so cool before.

i <3 the chiller lol

• Senior Reefer

always wanted a real blasto. but quite put off by the price for a few polyps. manange to find one with many polyps for reasonable price at your friendly neighbourhood silver cuttlefish or some call them bronze squid. funny, no one mentions golden octopus. :upsidedown:

haven fully bloom yet. just got it this afternoon while looking for scraps and leftovers. found it in the "main tank" hehe

post-15755-1239541579.jpg

always wanted a real blasto. but quite put off by the price for a few polyps. manange to find one with many polyps for reasonable price at your friendly neighbourhood silver cuttlefish or some call them bronze squid. funny, no one mentions golden octopus. :upsidedown:

hmm... thought u might have gone for something red+green??

wanted to go down to the 'premium' LFS, but was grounded today... banned from LFSing.

End up take pictures for keepsake.

hey, do remember to monitor your electrical bill ah... btw: do you keep track of how the operating hours of the chiller?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer
hmm... thought u might have gone for something red+green??

wanted to go down to the 'premium' LFS, but was grounded today... banned from LFSing.

End up take pictures for keepsake.

hey, do remember to monitor your electrical bill ah... btw: do you keep track of how the operating hours of the chiller?

i wanted the red and green one. but 4 polyps...only. i saw this. wa so many more! lol.. me cheapskate. you dont say....i need some red stuff in my tank la... corals all green and brown -_- my one and only red fish kapoot.

sad right? and never monitor my chiller working hours. but i seldom see it kick it. guess its cooler then i expected... i set the chiller to kick in at 27C and stop at 26C.

i wanted the red and green one. but 4 polyps...only. i saw this. wa so many more! lol.. me cheapskate. you dont say....i need some red stuff in my tank la... corals all green and brown -_- my one and only red fish kapoot.

sad right? and never monitor my chiller working hours. but i seldom see it kick it. guess its cooler then i expected... i set the chiller to kick in at 27C and stop at 26C.

hmmmm... how about trying some red mushies?? eh... how abt the watermelon favia?? still okie??? else you can try prata! sure nice!!!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|