Lemon's tank!

yikai

Solution: find a more expensive hobby! LOL... jk. But anyway, it is good to have a hobby whether it is rc cars or reefing, what matters most is that you enjoy it. Keeping fish with soft corals should be low maintenance enough, and since the tank is at home, it will be there at all times to help you relax when you are unable to go out "racing" hahaha.

I'm the complete opposite from you, I have a $6.5k camera to remind me constantly how cheap my nano tank is :P

haha... you just reminded me that i've not decided whether i should get a canon D50 or D450. I supposed you're a Nikon guy?

Wah, u must be quite a photographer hor... u must teach me when i get a DSLR k? i really dunno how to use sia... just thought i should get a good camera for the sake of taking good pix of my newborn.

my wife tells me i should just find 1 hobby and stay there!... dun be too fickle!

And i actually into ICE too. (my car boot has no spare tyre). that one... tsk tsk tsk... REALLY amazing. I dun even realised how much i spent... and honestly, i dun wanna count liao.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member
haha... you just reminded me that i've not decided whether i should get a canon D50 or D450. I supposed you're a Nikon guy?

Wah, u must be quite a photographer hor... u must teach me when i get a DSLR k? i really dunno how to use sia... just thought i should get a good camera for the sake of taking good pix of my newborn.

my wife tells me i should just find 1 hobby and stay there!... dun be too fickle!

And i actually into ICE too. (my car boot has no spare tyre). that one... tsk tsk tsk... REALLY amazing. I dun even realised how much i spent... and honestly, i dun wanna count liao.

No la, not everyone who carries expensive camera is a good photographer. It is only a casual hobby... in fact, my gf has been complaining that I use my dslr more for everyday snapshots than "serious" photography or work. But you are right about me using a Nikon - lifelong user since 12yo hahaha.

Ok lemon, sorry to crash your thread like that, last post from me tonight, I promise haha, goodnight everyone!

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

flower power!

u think this is abit overkill? the number of cloves in my tank.. i still have some on the other side i din include in the photo.

post-15755-1238722049.jpg

post-15755-1238722060.jpg

• Senior Reefer

i made a shocking discovery a few days ago. my cleaner wrasse has been acting weirdly infront of my neon goby recently. hovering around it, flaring, and occasionally nudging the goby and displaying himself! i thought perhaps it mistook the goby for another wrasse because of the colouration. this morning, i saw both of them swimming side by side! and the goby even "cling" onto the wrasse to hitch a ride. (u know how gobies can cling onto the glass?) by the time i tok my camera there, they had seized their little love swimming and all i got were intimate shots of them cuddling next to each other

there was no aggression at all. no signs of them. we've heard of ######, but interspecies? lol. the tale of the confused wrasse.

some photos for ur viewing pleasure. please M18 ok?

and no they were not cleaning each other. and u can see how obese my cleaner wrasse is. he lead his life as a thug. stealing food indiscriminately from my corals.

post-15755-1238722724.jpg

post-15755-1238722745.jpg

post-15755-1238722768.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Hahaha so funny your wrasse and goby. Yeah probably a case of mistaken identity, very cute.

EH TONG!! my mandarin eats pellets!!! LOL

was feeding pellets just now and saw my mandarin eating like 20 of them! im sooo happy!!! woo woot

• Senior Reefer

celebrating my joy. my mandarin after 5 months learn to eat something!! :wub: have seen it peck on the occasional mysis or two, but am overjoyed when i saw him eating pellets so happily!

post-15755-1238758534.jpg

post-15755-1238758544.jpg

• Senior Reefer

i fragged this rhos a few days ago and they have almost completely healed into a complete new one! very impressed with the speed! its the one at the most bottom of both pictures. both are actually half of the same rho, but is now almost 2! woot. first time frag and it succeeded

post-15755-1238758641.jpg

post-15755-1238758651.jpg

• Senior Reefer

my green rho that glows under actinics. i want to get those super dark blue deep blue actinics like the same one as henry's blue LED. it really makes the corals glow to such a point that it emits light!

mine only does a so-so job ):

post-15755-1238758719.jpg

post-15755-1238758730.jpg

• SRC Member
flower power!

u think this is abit overkill? the number of cloves in my tank.. i still have some on the other side i din include in the photo.

super nice flower!!! i am a girl, pls give some to me haha :paiseh:

• SRC Member

Whoa, nice and healthy looking mandarin, fatter than mine! I guess sometimes they get hungry or curious enough to just try eating something else haha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

wrasse + goby? wonder how the offsprings wil look like :shock:

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• Senior Reefer
super nice flower!!! i am a girl, pls give some to me haha :paiseh:

ur a girl!? omg i tot u were a guy! is this like, another april fools thing or smth. i get fooled easily u know

Whoa, nice and healthy looking mandarin, fatter than mine! I guess sometimes they get hungry or curious enough to just try eating something else haha.

the mandarin is normal size la haha. not fat nor is it thin. hmm today when feeding pellets, one of them floated right under his face. and he just pecked on it acccidently i guess. then started eating more and more. so i throw in more pellets and to my amazement, he started eating everything up! my fish will chiong those mid water and surface ones, while all those settling at the bottom and on the rocks, the mandarin will handle! im so pleased haha.

i dunno if its even common for a mandarin to eat pellets? maybe all thise excitement, but in fact, very normal. i dunno lol but i feel so prooud of my trooper!

celebrating my joy. my mandarin after 5 months learn to eat something!! :wub: have seen it peck on the occasional mysis or two, but am overjoyed when i saw him eating pellets so happily!

Happy to hear that your mandarin is feeding.

I have read the article below previously...this guy has his own way of getting his Mandarin to feed. :)

http://www.melevsreef.com/mandarin_diner.html