Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer
nice shot there.. tank looks more stable now haha.

haha. thanks. camera dam lousy take already so bright and bleached looking coz of the lighting. cannot auto focus...so need to fotoshop to make it look darker. then details can stand out more

• SRC Member
anthellias, clove and hammer

Some advice abt top down fotos... If ur surface just cannot keep still use a container and put cam inside den take... Might help... :rolleyes:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• Senior Reefer
Some advice abt top down fotos... If ur surface just cannot keep still use a container and put cam inside den take... Might help... :rolleyes:

ya i learned that form henry at ML haha! good idea thanks for the suggestion (:

• Senior Reefer
i c my goby is photogenic lolx.. :rolleyes:

so happy for them...

ur goby! gimme heart attatck that day! stuck in the overflow sia. good thing i manage to catch it out in time. at first he very stress, but now recovery liao haha! commando. can compete with my other big fish for food u know!

• Senior Reefer

tested my NO3, and oh my. it was quite high! have been doing water changes past few days and it has gone down alot (: will be doing more water changes to get my NO3 down! haha. however, corals and fish don't seem to be suffering any ill effects, infact, they seem to be doing quite well! i guess thats one of the dangers, you dont realise ur NO3 is so high until u actually test it.

on a happier note, i finally found my white xenia in iwarna! finally after relentless searching. they had alot but all of them looked like in bad condition and gonna melt anytime soon...i took 2 that looked the healthiest and brought it home, hoping for the best. well, after 3 days, no casualty so far! tried to frag some but all my frags melted. im a lousy fragger.. ): the mother colony seems to be doing well though. no pulsing yet....im hoping it will pulse soon (: anyway, enough blabbering. some pics of it. bear with me, lol, im quite exited for my white xenias that i had to take so many pictures.

post-15755-1237092875.jpg

post-15755-1237092885.jpg

post-15755-1237092901.jpg

post-15755-1237092912.jpg

post-15755-1237092929.jpg

• Senior Reefer

my sun coral produced what seem to be baby suns!! the planule or whatever u call it settled and grow into miniature sun corals. they are ALL OVER my tank. even on the glass. it is yellow calcerous tube with alot of tiny transparent tentacles. have confirmed with henry that it is either sun coral, or the rare corynactis. but quite unlikely its the latter. my camera is not good enough to take such detailed shots. u can only see the yellow calcerous growth, sans the white tanticles.

post-15755-1237093067.jpg

• Senior Reefer

and my mini yuma/ric garden. despite the NO3 bloom, they seem to be opening up bigger bigger bigger! i guess mushies love a little bit of dirt in their tank haha! they are even reproducing (: can u see small tiny yumas growing from the rock next to the big one? haha

post-15755-1237093123.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Wah the smaller yuma above the favia is damn nice! :upsidedown:

thats my one and only ric! haha. actually i had 2. one was orange. but my hermit crab knocked it into my torch coral and it got stung till it died T_T found it the next morning, under my torch coral and the tentacles all stuck to my orange ric. gone case liao. started to melt.

• SRC Member
thats my one and only ric! haha. actually i had 2. one was orange. but my hermit crab knocked it into my torch coral and it got stung till it died T_T found it the next morning, under my torch coral and the tentacles all stuck to my orange ric. gone case liao. started to melt.

Ric or Yuma... doesn't matter, very nice nonetheless. :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Keep up with the updates!

Btw Lemon, you're a 'sis'? I always thought you were a 'bro'. Haha.

zzz his a guy, some 1 thought his a girl therefore i tease him too.

btw, nice corals you have inside your tank lemon, few months of reefing can get this is quite tok kong. haha :bow:

jiayou jiayou!

• Senior Reefer

went to coral farm today and LCK to see see. very nice ROCK BEAUTIES from LCK. but din get anything. went to coral farm to buy more water to change, and also a linkia for my shrimps and 5 nassarius snails to add to my cleanup crew. also this 2 beautiful feather worms. my naughty fish want to bite them but they are too quick hehe.

post-15755-1237109367.jpg

post-15755-1237109379.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Keep up with the updates!

Btw Lemon, you're a 'sis'? I always thought you were a 'bro'. Haha.

zzz his a guy, some 1 thought his a girl therefore i tease him too.

btw, nice corals you have inside your tank lemon, few months of reefing can get this is quite tok kong. haha :bow:

jiayou jiayou!

no la. my tank as u can see, corals all so simple, fish all so simple. thus can produce results la. i try sps i tell u....whole tank barren HAHA!

• Senior Reefer
looks like some sh@#t in the water is beneficial... :shock:

its the mass feeding i do to the sun coral that also causes the increase in NO3. haha! so its the feeding not the crap thats in my water. anyway, NO3 has gone down ALOT since i have been doing tons of water change for the pass 3 days -.- looks good now (: