Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

ya i can take it one la. dun worry bros. all chill (: ya the mush ppl giv me. i no glue so i juz press into a hole in the rock, hope it will stick...then next day saw it melting -.- heart pain.

• SRC Supporter
e reason comes from -- y they detach thmself from e rock -- y did it rot?

mushroom dun rot for nth even if no food or light they just gets bleach n bcum smaller n smaller n disappear..

did u dose anything to ur tank tht might nt hv dissolved n e particle landed on e mushy ?

today i saw sum1 realli interesting...at ah beng place..

he was trying to catch one common clown out of 100 common clown..

i realli cant c any diff in them all.. -__-!!

bcos u say why it detach itself from the rock mah,

mine also detach from rock often..

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• Senior Reefer

caught in the act!...my hungry brittle star and my cleaner wrasse tag team steam food from my elegance. the winner....brittle star -_- haiz, after i see my MI eat my candycane, i decided not to buy the open brain from fragmaster. wait end up kena eaten also. feel so bad for last min back out.

post-15755-1235202964.jpg

post-15755-1235202976.jpg

post-15755-1235202986.jpg

post-15755-1235202996.jpg

• SRC Member
oh i bought epoxy today also (: dunno if i should epoxy my corals...wait want to remove very hard.

For mushrooms and zoas I use superglue gel. Epoxy won't work on them unless they are already attached to some small rock or sand grains.

epoxy damn easy to remove even when they are hard, so no worries on that (:

if you want to stick mushies without using epoxy or glue, find a betta box (those small ones which pple use to breed guppies etc) put a flat or almost flat rock inside and leave it alone. sooner or later it will stick onto the rock. Likewise if you want to stick it at a specified place, use superglue bah. gel or liquid all the same, but just be patient with the coral and the glue because superglue on soft corals take a long time to cure (:

and mushies, try not to put them in the direction of powerheads etc. surely will detach and fly. and mushies melt? hmm so far, I only seen once in my own tank, but that's because I was decomming so no light and foul water so the coral melted. otherwise what will happen to the musie like wad bro Reddevil said is it will bleach and become white. but won't die. just bleach (:

Cheers (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

went to henry's today and he told me its not my water condition? its some bacteria infection that happen to ONE mushroom and spread. if it was my water quality, henry said my torch and elegance and other corals will go down first. mushy are hardy. so my corals are ok he told me its not water lor. its the mush....anyway. soaking everything in furan now. no bacteria

• Senior Reefer

After finally finishing their linkia starfish for 3 weeks -__-, they are hungry again and today, its a chocolate chip COOKIE! no, a starfish for them, cookie for us :lol:

\\

post-15755-1235206263.jpg

post-15755-1235206274.jpg

post-15755-1235206283.jpg

After finally finishing their linkia starfish for 3 weeks -__-, they are hungry again and today, its a chocolate chip COOKIE! no, a starfish for them, cookie for us :lol:

\\

wah... this is very tsk tsk tsk... cruel ah! hahaha.

anyway bro... thanks for the 3 blue mushies... only 1 managed to stick on to it's rock. the other two, i'm trying to re-attach them.

and the zoas... not so good... but they're opening, just not full bloom yet. will show u some pix in the next few days once they settle down.

I was forced to do a minor rescape today, after some rock structure topple... it's a long story.

anyway, the new scape looks slightly better from where i chill out. haha...

i broke your orange zoas into 2, placed them at 2 separate areas, hope that both can survive... but some more heads drop out during my earlier rescape...

Keep our fingers crossed okie.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer
wah... this is very tsk tsk tsk... cruel ah! hahaha.

anyway bro... thanks for the 3 blue mushies... only 1 managed to stick on to it's rock. the other two, i'm trying to re-attach them.

and the zoas... not so good... but they're opening, just not full bloom yet. will show u some pix in the next few days once they settle down.

I was forced to do a minor rescape today, after some rock structure topple... it's a long story.

anyway, the new scape looks slightly better from where i chill out. haha...

i broke your orange zoas into 2, placed them at 2 separate areas, hope that both can survive... but some more heads drop out during my earlier rescape...

Keep our fingers crossed okie.

haha. work ur magic on those zoos!! they should be alright in ur tank bah. inside mine already so pek cek. im sure with a little TLC u can restore them back! good luck!

haha. work ur magic on those zoos!! they should be alright in ur tank bah. inside mine already so pek cek. im sure with a little TLC u can restore them back! good luck!

Will try my best! especially the blue face with yellow ring one!

Btw: didn't you get the copperbands from Henry? they are feeding on his food already.

very cute, small size one.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer
Will try my best! especially the blue face with yellow ring one!

Btw: didn't you get the copperbands from Henry? they are feeding on his food already.

very cute, small size one.

i have only one space left in my tank for fish. u saw my tank. very crowded lolz. but im not going to add any fish so soon. waiting for my MI to stabalise first. its only been 10 days and there is still ich on it, albeit lesser. i want immunity to go up and almost "ich free" first. the window for fish mortality is about 2-3 weeks. after this trying period is over, my MI should be immune and healthy like my other fish liao. then i might consider adding another fish as my last one.

im still contemplating. copperband or yellow longnose butterfly. both are almost reefsafe, and gorgeous. but im not sure which to choose. i like copperband colour, but i like longnose shape -.- cant they mix together zzz. in my experience, finding a feeding copperband is not very hard (: henry is one place and if u look hard u can find those that are feeding. not a problem. now just waiting game, and also need to decide which of the 2 BFF im going to choose. ): If my MI mati within the next 2 weeks. Then i guess can add both lor HAHA. no im just joking. touch wood lolz. but my MI keep picking on my candycanes. Thats why i did not get the open brain from fragmaster today. what a steal! $35 for a bicolour red open brain!!! but im almost 100% sure my MI will eat...it seems to have a liking for LPS. esp those meaty ones like candycane.

The blue face yellow ring zoo if u manage to bring it back frm the grave will be quite nice. I believe i posted some pictures in my earlier pages. They were doing well suddenly just deteriorate. anw, goood luck wif ur project hehe. next time i got more mush/zoos or what not can spare a frag, ill look for u lolz (:

• SRC Member

\\

poor starfishies... :pinch:

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
i have only one space left in my tank for fish. u saw my tank. very crowded lolz. but im not going to add any fish so soon. waiting for my MI to stabalise first. its only been 10 days and there is still ich on it, albeit lesser. i want immunity to go up and almost "ich free" first. the window for fish mortality is about 2-3 weeks. after this trying period is over, my MI should be immune and healthy like my other fish liao. then i might consider adding another fish as my last one.

im still contemplating. copperband or yellow longnose butterfly. both are almost reefsafe, and gorgeous. but im not sure which to choose. i like copperband colour, but i like longnose shape -.- cant they mix together zzz. in my experience, finding a feeding copperband is not very hard (: henry is one place and if u look hard u can find those that are feeding. not a problem. now just waiting game, and also need to decide which of the 2 BFF im going to choose. ): If my MI mati within the next 2 weeks. Then i guess can add both lor HAHA. no im just joking. touch wood lolz. but my MI keep picking on my candycanes. Thats why i did not get the open brain from fragmaster today. what a steal! $35 for a bicolour red open brain!!! but im almost 100% sure my MI will eat...it seems to have a liking for LPS. esp those meaty ones like candycane.

The blue face yellow ring zoo if u manage to bring it back frm the grave will be quite nice. I believe i posted some pictures in my earlier pages. They were doing well suddenly just deteriorate. anw, goood luck wif ur project hehe. next time i got more mush/zoos or what not can spare a frag, ill look for u lolz (:

post pics on your new brain dude... one day shall drop by ur place and see ur tank in person!

• Senior Reefer
post pics on your new brain dude... one day shall drop by ur place and see ur tank in person!

lol ray i din buy it!! read carefully haha. i say i did not get it ): im quite sure my MI will eat it....so i decided not to buy. altho $35 is dam good price..

• Senior Reefer

I'm going to be a father!!!! Finally after 3 weeks, my banggai eggs have hatched and i can see the baby fish inside the mouth. this is the 4th spawning since i got them and i intend to try to raise the fry IN tank this time. Thus i have made a special toy (: a custom made sea urchin lolx. here are some pics of my banggai and my urchin. if u see really hard u can see some white and black lines inside the mouth. those are the babies. sorry for lousy pic. hard to take

post-15755-1235273999.jpg

post-15755-1235274022.jpg

• Senior Reefer

im not sure if the epoxy thingy is safe...thus im letting it dry outside of water first. it smells kinda weird >.< update on my WAVEMAKER!! my torch corals have responded really really well to the wavemaker. previously, my purple torch refused to open for 1 week. i tot it was dying. but after installing the wavemaker! Look at how happy he is!! open up nicely no thanks to my wavemaker. a really good investment indeed! thanks for those who convince me to get it XD

post-15755-1235274127.jpg

post-15755-1235274140.jpg

• Senior Reefer

and my 2 clapping shrimps found one same house. on my elegance coral!! (: thanks to henry for these wonderful beauties. i had 3 but one MIA. thats the problem with small shrimps...always MIA-ing. ):

post-15755-1235274243.jpg

post-15755-1235274253.jpg

• Senior Reefer

and finally my commando. battling with ich but still going strong. JIAYOU!!! YOU CAN MAKE IT!! dont die on me now!! NOT NOW AFTER ALL WE HAVE BEEN TRU!!!!!!! WO HUI YONG YUAN SUPPORT NI!!

post-15755-1235274316.jpg

• SRC Member
lol ray i din buy it!! read carefully haha. i say i did not get it ): im quite sure my MI will eat it....so i decided not to buy. altho $35 is dam good price..

oh...haha... paiseh... was sleepy by then.. lol

• SRC Member
I'm going to be a father!!!! Finally after 3 weeks, my banggai eggs have hatched and i can see the baby fish inside the mouth. this is the 4th spawning since i got them and i intend to try to raise the fry IN tank this time. Thus i have made a special toy (: a custom made sea urchin lolx. here are some pics of my banggai and my urchin. if u see really hard u can see some white and black lines inside the mouth. those are the babies. sorry for lousy pic. hard to take

wha.... 4th spawning already?? good stuff!

• Senior Reefer
wha.... 4th spawning already?? good stuff!

ya. the first 3 spawn all CMI. i din even see the babies come out of the mouth. this time i make one urchin, hopefully they will hide in it like in the wild. fingers crossed

• SRC Member
hey ray ask u ah. my undried epoxy have one smell. one...epoxy smell lolz...isit safe to put in my tank now?

which one did u use... i dun epoxy much but the normally have a mild smell... should be safe if indicated that it can cure underwater.. but dun use too much at one setting... heard it sort of reduce oxygen in the water or something like that..