Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member
can only see the blue like this blue if i take with flash, or if see from top down. when see tru glass, its purple....i dunno why haha. anyway, frag reserve for wilson. if i have some left, reserve for pauline also.

will i be lucky for some as well? lol

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer
will i be lucky for some as well? lol

haha. u go and count how many mushroom polyp on my rock D= wait frag until nth left. haha! ok la. see how...now got wilson and pauline haha. see if got any left can give u lor :) BTW, i dun collect payment. im only giving 1 or 2 polyps, if collect paymen, very paiseh ah. giving all free. =)

haha nw u knw hw to c e colour for corals next time u c some lfs glass only can c from top

but no 1 keep corals @@ing from on top de mahz...

but if u rush for time nth fancy when u c from e top then u can go liao loh thts normally hw i shop...

but of cus give e light bulb a chance..

• SRC Member
haha. u go and count how many mushroom polyp on my rock D= wait frag until nth left. haha! ok la. see how...now got wilson and pauline haha. see if got any left can give u lor :) BTW, i dun collect payment. im only giving 1 or 2 polyps, if collect paymen, very paiseh ah. giving all free. =)

swee swee... if my yuma turn's out to be a nice coloured one... will give u frags also... =] suspect it to be some real nice colour!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

weeeeeeeeee haha amby! GO the tank, the height i think 0.5 feet nia. summore the mushroom is at the lowest tank. must crawl on the floor to see tru glass LOLx. anyway, i like my mushies now ah. they look purplish-blue. last time i bought one purple mushy $28 only...from top and tru glass still purple... this blue one... 5 red notes. colour same as the $28 LOLX. haha bro ray, np one la. my mushy can always grow back. best to give ppl some to let others have a chance at growing it :)

• SRC Member

nice MI. feed it well and u'll see the dorsal fin grow an extended thread like thingy... very nice to look at when its swimming around. last time i also bought my MI from jr. nice healthy eating specimen.. abit cheaper that time.. read from wetwebmedia that feeding new life spectrum pellets can extend their life in captivity, although still a rather short one. mine died quickily after ich infection from a powder brown... so u had better start enriching the mysis with garlic and watch what u put into the tank...

• Senior Reefer
nice MI. feed it well and u'll see the dorsal fin grow an extended thread like thingy... very nice to look at when its swimming around. last time i also bought my MI from jr. nice healthy eating specimen.. abit cheaper that time.. read from wetwebmedia that feeding new life spectrum pellets can extend their life in captivity, although still a rather short one. mine died quickily after ich infection from a powder brown... so u had better start enriching the mysis with garlic and watch what u put into the tank...

yep. i always send e-mails to wetwebmedia. very helpful bunch of ppl, and VERY knowledgable too. especially bob frenner. i saw henry selling new life spectrum. will get it from him soon. i wan the streamer to grow longer also :) but my MI very big compared to other fish. and quite clumsy lol. very tin tei when it swim around. yup. now trying to pump it with food. so far so good. eats everything except pellet....will try tomorrow. it was eating pellet at shop but refuse to eat at home.

• Senior Reefer

bought 3 small fish today. 1 unkown damsel and 2 cardinals. camera not with me, so will show u pictures i got from the net. too bad the yellow damsel fish will grow up into a black one -_- well, at least it looks nice as a juv. =] thats me, never reasearch peroperly anyhow buy T.T hope it takes slowly to grow! haha

post-15755-1234505026.jpg

post-15755-1234505097.jpg

this is my pearl bubble coral, can see it is showing a mixture of feeding/sweeper tentacles. i guess its feeling both hungry and aggressive...

a hungry bubble is an angry bubble lol

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• Senior Reefer

moorish idol has a slight case of ich. i hope his appetite remains. if so, still got chance to fight off the ich. it is still eating. hopefully all goes well T.T haiz...quarantine tank inside got fish liao....so i thought nvm la...just introduce. summore i just cured my tank from ich. sian zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. so rare to get a MI eating everything including pellets man.

• Senior Reefer

after so long, my torch coral finay grew a new head!! i was dam happy, but din wanna take picture show u all coz the head still quite small. guess what...i woke up today find that it had brown jelly disease T_T smelly like hell i faster take out, wash and remove the dead head. lucky my other heads never tio infect. the coral decided that it should grow his new head behind the other heads, where the flow cannot reach it. too bad...it died T.T so wasted lor. was such a nice head.

moorish idol gotten ich but still eating very well. very tempted to do copper and hypo but im afraid it might add to the stress and it might stop feeding for good. took me some effort on my part to get it feeding on everything off the shelf...perhaps i should wait and see if it could fight the ich off by itself, just like what my other fishes did. now all immune liaoz

also, my goby keep spitting sand on my elegance coral -_- thus, it started to close up and open less. i cant remove the goby coz no body wants it and cannot kill it coz its too inhumane. verdict, i moved the elegance to a rock. i am very against putting elegance on rocks and strongly feel that ALL elegance should be placed on the sand. but in my case, haiz...placing it on the rock is the better of two evils. hopefully everything turns out well (:

can see my elegance opening up better now. i moved some corals around to fill up gaps and spaces. will post a FTS soon if i have the time.

• Senior Reefer
bro u gt a nice MI. gt 1 from the place u gt too but up lorry cos kena chased by my resident bannerfish <_< most of the MI there is feeding on pellets :rolleyes:

mine feeds on everything. flake also XD but now got ich. hoping it recovers :) my MI like to peck at my candycane coral.. i just let him bah. afterall, its not doing much damage to it.

• Senior Reefer
update us more on the MI soon! :)

haha. now bloated and as fat as a whale. dun wan take fotos la. unless u wan to see a white spot covered MI, then i dun mind. other than that, feeding on anything i throw into the tank. hard to believe right? but its true! can come and see for urself if u dun believe. just hope it can recover from the ich itself, and gain some immunity, or at most, be strong enuf to resist the ich. so far all my fish immune liaoz. dun even have any spots or scratching or what not. dun wan to treat the MI now. wait add more stress in the end, stop eating and die.

• Senior Reefer

haha ur timing very zhun. was just gonna update! ok here goes. my MI! i am quite happy. the number of white spots have reduced dramatically tonight. it could be 2 things. the MI immune system kicking up, or, the white spots have fallen off to start a new cycle. im hoping it is the first one (: well, it has gotten really OBESE lately. if anything, maybe it die of heart disease rather than ich. Mi swim very fast, so have to use flash. pardon the lousy quality. not a very good phtographer. also sorry for sloppy pictures. this is bad time to take photo haha. coral all closed and sleeping =\ here are some pics of the MI. notice it has gotten much fatter! and the streamer dorsal fin has grown abit longer too! (: some sideways picture to show the thickness of its body

post-15755-1234969265.jpg

post-15755-1234969293.jpg

post-15755-1234969298.jpg

• Senior Reefer

also, here are my latest additions! welcome to the tank guys! firstly, a juvenile behn's damselfish. i am aware it will grow into an ugly beast, but for now, i really enjoy his colour (: timid little guy. i know damsels (especially this) are really aggreesive. but this one scared of everything. probably coz its the last addition

post-15755-1234969391.jpg

post-15755-1234969407.jpg

post-15755-1234969416.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Seale's cardinal fish. wanted the apogon cynasoma, but this one has proved to be a real charm! perfect little guys. have always been amazed at cardinal fishe's high desisease resistancy. i have 3 kinds of cardinals, super hardy. this guy eats pellets (: quite rare for cardinals to eat pellet

post-15755-1234969494.jpg

post-15755-1234969499.jpg

• Senior Reefer

my last addition. the red stripe cardinal fishes. haha. 3 kinds in one tank! the other being my very old banggai cardinal. forever pregnant with babies =] i love cardinal fish's way of swimming. very erratic and slow. haha! cute little guys. cute to watch too. alot of character. swim so slow, but the minute food hits the water, BAM AND DART! very fast

post-15755-1234969587.jpg

post-15755-1234969593.jpg

post-15755-1234969600.jpg

• Senior Reefer

thats about all bah. my anchor coral tio brown jelly today and melted away. throw away liao...hopefully none of my other corals kena :pirate: other than that, not much update lor. just pumping food into my MI. after it eat henry's food, it doesnt like pellets anymore liao. but still eat pellet...just not so much. zzz must re-train! its favourite food now is mysis. grr. pellet pellet PELLETS!!

• Senior Reefer

cannot sleep -.- so take foto of my fish at 2.40AM lolz. discover that at night, my cardinal fish from grey become blue! certains parts of the body become blue. foto cant capture properly, but somehting like this ah. here is with flash...other random shots without flash haha.

post-15755-1234983362.jpg

post-15755-1234983371.jpg

post-15755-1234983382.jpg

post-15755-1234983393.jpg

post-15755-1234983402.jpg