Lemon's tank!

yikai

• SRC Member
took a bus to tanjong katong aquamarin. bought aquapharm iodide and coral food.. also, dr bassler's pellet. anyone have any experience with these products? are they good?

Iodide is good for softies like mushies...but dun dose too much..will promote diatoms. I din know abt this until one day, i read somewhere from a reefer in US that says iodide will cause diatoms or this brown algae to grow rapidly. A few drops into the tank weekly will do.

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer
bro zoas no need put so high up la.. they dun need so much lights compared to sps. Place it on the sand bed will do. 2cts.

i put my zoas on the sandbed and it grow long and ugly...also some of the polyps float away. alot of people tell me they need high light, so i put high high lor.

Iodide is good for softies like mushies...but dun dose too much..will promote diatoms. I din know abt this until one day, i read somewhere from a reefer in US that says iodide will cause diatoms or this brown algae to grow rapidly. A few drops into the tank weekly will do.

yes yes especially lugol solution nv over dose... else corals all mati.. :pirate:

but personally i dun like aquapharm products..seem like more diluted..

but mayb its me lahz..

• Senior Reefer
polyps float away??

yup. the polyp drop off from the main colony and drift somewhere else. but it din rot or melt....stayed firm and stick to a liverock and grow -___-"

• Senior Reefer

since bro ambystoma requested a picture of his neon goby, here it is :) just fed him, now resting on the sand. =D so cute. Sorry the picture appears grainy. camera lousy

post-15755-1233826888.jpg

• Senior Reefer

and also my blue-ish purple mushrooms. expand so big it is shading 2 polyps below it. need to start fragging liao. and give to bro wilson tan.....see when i free. bro wilson, if u wanna come to my house and do it urself also can :D

post-15755-1233827009.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Nice blue mushies! Mine kept propagating all around my tank. Yours look very "disciplined". ^_^

haha. mine haven really started growing yet lor.. its only been like. 2 weeks since i bought it? i think too soon for any substantial growth.

• Senior Reefer
Haha... what I meant is them detaching and floating to other areas before settling down. I can't keep them on the same rock for long. If yours stay, I consider it a good thing. ^_^

oh! my zoos always do that. detatch and float everywhere -__- very annoying.... then they will stick and grow...horrible. my sandbed and rocks....zoas growing everywhere lol. i think the mother colony unhealthy? i dunno why like this... but ever since i move it up towards light, seldom happen liao. haiyo zoos. always gimme problem :D

and also my blue-ish purple mushrooms. expand so big it is shading 2 polyps below it. need to start fragging liao. and give to bro wilson tan.....see when i free. bro wilson, if u wanna come to my house and do it urself also can :D

wa! cool! nice nice... where's ur place ah?

btw, i dunno how to frag, usually i'll just use hammer + screw driver to break off a small part of the rock.

that is if you dun mind lah...

the other way, is to use a small powerhead to blow on 1 of the mushie and wait for it to detach.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

haha. i live in tanah merah O.O if too far for u, i help u frag lor. then give u. but now feeling dam lazy. i think saturday or sunday i do for u.

tanah merah is not far, i'm at bedok reservoir.

this weekend is a big day for me... it's rescaping day bro. hehe.

no rush lah, think i'll give my tank 1 week to settle down before i start buying anything.

;)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer
tanah merah is not far, i'm at bedok reservoir.

this weekend is a big day for me... it's rescaping day bro. hehe.

no rush lah, think i'll give my tank 1 week to settle down before i start buying anything.

;)

oh u live in bedok resevoir? thats good... many of the reefers i meet live in the west. very far for me. last time i also live in the west. near LCK +) my ahma house is in a farm too hehehe. anyway, see when u free or what if u wanna come down frag, or i frag for u, just let me know here =)

V nice mushroom. So envy, cos i use to be hopeless with mushroom when i was keeping corals.

• Senior Reefer

my elegance coral open up few hours after placing it into the tank. i do believe it can open up more, but i will just post some photos first. This piece was just the right size for my tank, although they have others with much nicer colours, they are either too big or too small. so i got the brownish one with purple tips. they have one blue-neon green one...very nice =( but haven open and was emitting some whitish stuff, so dun dare to buy. haiz but that one the colour so nice...

post-15755-1233933012.jpg

post-15755-1233933022.jpg

post-15755-1233933035.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Looking good! ^_^

haha thanks :) elegance coral success rate not very high compared to last time, will see how this goes. so far this specimen quite small....so hopefully easier =) the colour, i prefer those neon green ones better. but too bad toobig =]

• SRC Member
just came home from GO with an elegence coral :) got stung by it when was putting it in my tank haha. will update photos tomorrow.

wow sure or not stung by elegance... u got me scared man...how about anemones...i heard elegance can be more powerful than anemones... :rolleyes:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• Senior Reefer
wow sure or not stung by elegance... u got me scared man...how about anemones...i heard elegance can be more powerful than anemones... :rolleyes:

elegance have a very powerful sting. Can even kill aiptasia. as in, outsting aiptasia :) when i was placing it in my tank that time accidently brushed against it. then my hand that area felt very itchy and like...pins and needles u know that kind of feeling. i guess i din touch it long enough to get stung real badly, but the reaction i feel very weird. like kena static shock from tv =\ The tentacles feel very sticy also. will cling to ur hand haha. so i guess it is healthy and in good condition. GO had one blue-green one with purple tentacles. super sui but it was not open when i was there, and did not want to take the chance =] so i just bought this healthy specimen. but i still like it alot :) one of my all time fav corals.

it is a pity this genus cataphyllia is a monotypic one =\ imagine got other kinds! wow will be so cool lor..can collect them all :)