Crocea and light

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Hi! i have only fourescent lights, and im wondering if i could attempt maybe... a crocea clam? or a maxima? I am using T5 flouresent bulbs, 2 actinic and 2 white bulbs. I think 39w each. If im not wrong... Is this sufficient lighting for a maxima or crocea? I intend to put it right at the top of my tank on a piece of liverock so it can receive as much light as possible.

• Senior Reefer
You can change your 2 actinics to white T5 for combined light output of 4x 39W. Make sure your T5 is 10k and place your clam on the higher levels of rockwork. Maximas need lower light based on what I read.

I like the actinics =x haha. The white light makes it look very warm and yellow. dun like. As it is, when i on my white and blue lights together, already look so warm. haha. I wanted 2 actinics and 1 white >.<

I have a crocea under similar light conditions like yours, 2 actinics and 2 white fluorescents, and kept it very near the lights, perched on top of the reef. It seems to be doing OK for these 2-3 mths. Crocea has the highest light demands. Perhaps your can try squamosa- they need less light, but colours tend to be more dull- like brown/green.

• Senior Reefer
I have a crocea under similar light conditions like yours, 2 actinics and 2 white fluorescents, and kept it very near the lights, perched on top of the reef. It seems to be doing OK for these 2-3 mths. Crocea has the highest light demands. Perhaps your can try squamosa- they need less light, but colours tend to be more dull- like brown/green.

Dun like squamosa leh. Very boring the colour =( i prefer maxima or crocea. But not sure if they can tahan in my tank. I will place them right at the top on the liverock, very near the surface, about 4-6 inches below the surface. I dun want to try unless i know they can survive.