3x2x1.5 tank

w3ish3ng

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why Wrought Iron, so ugly.. Looks artificial..

Wrought iron is ugly meh? Its black metallic sheen is so cool. It's the most unique butterfly to me.

I wan clipperton!!! LOL... The blue is so nice...

Den pls prepare $10k...

bro, you bought it too?

I got a Trio, wan to get more, like one male to 6-7 females to increase survival rate, but henry can only spare me 2 females so too bad.

But these cook island ventralis seem to fare a little better than the vanuatu ones i kept last time, at least the trio are venturing out quite often, though still show little interest in food. So those who wanna try ventralis should get from this cook island batch, though price is slightly higher than vanuatu ones. Btw i keep my tank temperature at 26.5 degree.

• SRC Member
Wrought iron is ugly meh? Its black metallic sheen is so cool. It's the most unique butterfly to me.

Den pls prepare $10k...

I got a Trio, wan to get more, like one male to 6-7 females to increase survival rate, but henry can only spare me 2 females so too bad.

But these cook island ventralis seem to fare a little better than the vanuatu ones i kept last time, at least the trio are venturing out quite often, though still show little interest in food. So those who wanna try ventralis should get from this cook island batch, though price is slightly higher than vanuatu ones. Btw i keep my tank temperature at 26.5 degree.

you are the man! my female is quite hungry for food, can see it swim after those, you should have just accompany on the first day, then you can get all the female you want already :D

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

woooohooooo

my male seem quite interested in mysis, so much so that he would chase after them for short distance!

i think cooler temp does make fishes easier to adapt, even my longnose filefish went after the mysis only to realise its mouth is too small for it.

now only left my potters trio to notice the food.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

woooohooooo

my male seem quite interested in mysis, so much so that he would chase after them for short distance!

i think cooler temp does make fishes easier to adapt, even my longnose filefish went after the mysis only to realise its mouth is too small for it.

now only left my potters trio to notice the food.

I jux finish my night feeding also, the male ventralis gobbled a lot of mysis, counted at least 5 mysis eaten. But the females are still not eating. So i dun think got anything to do with the temperature cos my tank is quite warm. The males are jux v healthy i guess.

• SRC Member
I jux finish my night feeding also, the male ventralis gobbled a lot of mysis, counted at least 5 mysis eaten. But the females are still not eating. So i dun think got anything to do with the temperature cos my tank is quite warm. The males are jux v healthy i guess.

woo! congrats to u! Hopefully the females learn from the male then :)

btw bro digiman, what's your tank temperature range? will the warmer waters shorten it's livespan? tt was one of my main considerations actually...

• SRC Member

mine is the other way around, my male took in at least 10 pieces of mysis while my female took in whatever junk she can find. but well hopefully my potters will join in for the hunt of food too, my at is getting really fat, he eating 80% of the food im dumping in, and i dumped alot to get them to be used to feeding. =x

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• Senior Reefer

btw bro digiman, what's your tank temperature range? will the warmer waters shorten it's livespan? tt was one of my main considerations actually...

i dunno about ventralis, but for catalina gobies, they can adapt to warmer temperatures, but it will shorten their livespan as metabolic rate will increase, etc etc.

not sure if same or not.

• SRC Member
Try feeding live adult brine shrimp to initiate feeding response. Gutload them with Selcon for 24 hours prior to feeding. Reef depot has Selcon.

i do have selcon with me now but im abit paranoid about feeding adult brime shrimp to them now.

he is feeding but just not that into feeding, he will swim up to it take a look before deciding if he should open his mouth. totally unlike the female.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Den pls prepare $10k...

Sigh... Dream, dream, dream... LOL... $10k on a fish no way... Anything more than $1k, I will not get liao.. LOL... Or maybe more than 500 bucks..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

i dunno about ventralis, but for catalina gobies, they can adapt to warmer temperatures, but it will shorten their livespan as metabolic rate will increase, etc etc.

not sure if same or not.

It is the same for any fishes that strive in cooler water... It is more of whether they can adapt to the warmer water anot...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

26.5-27 degree. Yes warmer water definitely has no advantages to fishes den cooler water. But saving GAIA has influenced me so much tat i realise its v important to save the environment, but i still love this hobby. So no choice my fishes have to compromise and try to settle in at a higher temp, but if they show signs of stress i'll decrease it slowly.

for me, i find wrought iron very beautiful.

ugly ones are resplendent, clarion adult, and personatus. YUCKS! haha.

personal preference i guess :x

I can only agree w u clarion adult is ugly. Resplendent i think will be v beautiful when seen in person, the blue is a stunning metallic blue like starcki and not the drab blue like flameback. Personatus!!! I'll hunt for it if i strike lottery. The snow white body of the whole fish is unmatched of, simple and elegant and not to mention mega rare. Peppermint got money still can get, personatus have money also cannot get.

• Moderators
nah its far enough, thanks for the ride. how's yours doing? my male is still feeding very little.

Mine were swimming in the open with the 4 evansi i got the very next morning I release them from betta box.

The female is the more daring one and feeding a little more than the male.

At least for now, they are not "hassled" by the older residence. :D

Tom

• SRC Member
Mine were swimming in the open with the 4 evansi i got the very next morning I release them from betta box.

The female is the more daring one and feeding a little more than the male.

At least for now, they are not "hassled" by the older residence. :D

wow Evansi + Ventralis! Hope they will thrive in your tank yeah? pseudanthias are really beautiful