• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahaa i know..

my tank temperature is 23

their only tankmate is a at that only bother bigger fish, a royal gramma that prefer to hide in its cave and a clown that never venture out of its rbta.

plus they are feeding now, so im hoping for the best.

Wa 23 degree is v low, no need tat low, think 25 will be good. My main tank increase to 26.5~27 degree, will update u how the ventralis fare at this higher temp.

Your tank with such a low temp, guess your next fish will be catalina goby or interruptus or flame boxfish?

Dun mean to be a wet blanket.. But the Ventralis dun really have a good captivity rate...

But i also love them... Very nice color..

Haha u're being such a wet blanket. But u're right, my first attempt at this fish is from the vanuatu ones, v delicate and difficult to feed and die quickly. Heard cook island ones are slightly easier, so let's pray for the best. Too bad no more females left, if not can get a group for better success.

• SRC Member
Wa 23 degree is v low, no need tat low, think 25 will be good. My main tank increase to 26.5~27 degree, will update u how the ventralis fare at this higher temp.

Your tank with such a low temp, guess your next fish will be catalina goby or interruptus or flame boxfish?

nah, still my dream fish, bandit. but no money.. :( flame boxfish go in sure will tio box by my at. interruptus can only dream.

but i will try the catalina someday.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

nah, still my dream fish, bandit. but no money.. :( flame boxfish go in sure will tio box by my at. interruptus can only dream.

Your dream can come true anytime as long as u start saving for the fish. Bandit is v obtainable nowadays and the price is also not sky high like conspic, but smaller ones are still hard to come by. The last really small one (2 months ago) from Iwarna i was a bit late and it got reserved by someone, but it's good in a way cos i realise later i din really like bandit so much, saved me from an impulse buy. The price for tat piece was $700 for your latest reference so u know how much to save up.

• SRC Member
Your dream can come true anytime as long as u start saving for the fish. Bandit is v obtainable nowadays and the price is also not sky high like conspic, but smaller ones are still hard to come by. The last really small one (2 months ago) from Iwarna i was a bit late and it got reserved by someone, but it's good in a way cos i realise later i din really like bandit so much, saved me from an impulse buy. The price for tat piece was $700 for your latest reference so u know how much to save up.

im ok with the saving part, its just, price is high and yet its known to be hard. but well will start saving soon.. :)

still got lobang for the wrough iron?

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

im ok with the saving part, its just, price is high and yet its known to be hard. but well will start saving soon.. :)

still got lobang for the wrough iron?

LFSes dun seem too willing to bring in japan shipment. They say fishes and shipping are v v expensive and if they bring in they feel will sure make a loss one. Well we can understand tat as well, not many pple are willing to spend 1k plus on a butterfly and 2k on a pgymy angel! Wrought and interruptus are not as popular as gem and conspic also. Anyway RCT is coming back, so maybe juvi interruptus, resplenden and debelius will become obtainable again.

Ventralis dun like bright tank, so are u gg to dim your tank for their acclimation?

• SRC Member
LFSes dun seem too willing to bring in japan shipment. They say fishes and shipping are v v expensive and if they bring in they feel will sure make a loss one. Well we can understand tat as well, not many pple are willing to spend 1k plus on a butterfly and 2k on a pgymy angel! Wrought and interruptus are not as popular as gem and conspic also. Anyway RCT is coming back, so maybe juvi interruptus, resplenden and debelius will become obtainable again.

Ventralis dun like bright tank, so are u gg to dim your tank for their acclimation?

RCT!!! JUV INTERRUPTUS!!! that one is real killer!

nah, lights remain the same but i got big area of overhang for them however them seem to prefer the open though.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

RCT is worth a wait but I think they are not coming back as expected... Maybe in 2011 I heard... Dream Pygmy will be Resplenden... and of course the holy grail, Peppermint which we can only dream..

RCT dun sell direct to hobbyist... Email them before when they are still operating... Only to LFS...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Bandit, one of my favorite angel too.. LOL... But look for small ones, easier to feed then bigger ones..

Member of:

Haha u're being such a wet blanket. But u're right, my first attempt at this fish is from the vanuatu ones, v delicate and difficult to feed and die quickly. Heard cook island ones are slightly easier, so let's pray for the best. Too bad no more females left, if not can get a group for better success.

Haha... I think is the shipping and collection method bah... Hope this batch would be a good one..

Member of:

RCT is worth a wait but I think they are not coming back as expected... Maybe in 2011 I heard... Dream Pygmy will be Resplenden... and of course the holy grail, Peppermint which we can only dream..

RCT dun sell direct to hobbyist... Email them before when they are still operating... Only to LFS...

Tat's why we need farms like LCK. Once RCT starts production again, mux ask steven order and bring in the CB resplenden, interruptus, debelius, colini, multibar etc etc! My most favourite is not resplenden but debelius. My wish next year however is not to hear RCT's return but to see clipperton and clarion swimming in the same tank in person at LCK if the second collection trip by Cortez Marine is successful.

Tat's why we need farms like LCK. Once RCT starts production again, mux ask steven order and bring in the CB resplenden, interruptus, debelius, colini, multibar etc etc! My most favourite is not resplenden but debelius. My wish next year however is not to hear RCT's return but to see clipperton and clarion swimming in the same tank in person at LCK if the second collection trip by Cortez Marine is successful.

I wan clipperton!!! LOL... The blue is so nice...

Member of:

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
Bro, does this ventralis cost ard 3 blue notes? Mind if you could pm me the price? Thanks. :)

and it's a deep deep deep water fish... lol I think he's keeping temperature ~ 23 degrees. Can get more pics of them in action bro? I'm sure everyone wants to drool more over these beautiful fish.

• SRC Member
V power shot, wat a gorgeous mix of colours. Hope they can thrive in our tank.

bro, you bought it too?

WONDERFUL photography skill!!!

Sorry, can't send you too far that evening.. I'm a westerner. :(

Next time go LCK, I can meet you halfway.. :)

nah its far enough, thanks for the ride. how's yours doing? my male is still feeding very little. :(

Bro, does this ventralis cost ard 3 blue notes? Mind if you could pm me the price? Thanks. :)

yup 3 blue note

and it's a deep deep deep water fish... lol I think he's keeping temperature ~ 23 degrees. Can get more pics of them in action bro? I'm sure everyone wants to drool more over these beautiful fish.

hahaha, but he doesnt wanna do any action move, only swim here and there or go try out new holes to sleep only.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg