150 gallon marine aquarium

hijackng

• SRC Member

Yes, this is the reason all reefer wants to reach. After a hard day of work, standing in front of the tank is priceless. Sometimes when we think about it, we wonder how other people without reef tank cope after a hard day of work.

Well, the time I spend looking at my tank is more then me watching TV... Lucky I have a understanding family, being supportive all this while.

I am wondering what's happen if I stop reefing :P

• SRC Member

Hi Jack,

Turns out the coral you passed to me is almost impossible to I.D. Most internet websites refer to it as daisy xenia. I will pass a colony back to you once I start to grow them. :thanks:

I believe u sure be able to groom the tiny frag into a nice big colony.

If it is unknown, u may want to name it "fuelblu xenia" :D

• SRC Member

hmm to the guy who minus 1 here, pls explain yourself and not just be click-happy and think u'll not be detectable or traceable, thanks. :eyebrow: I don't understand how can complementing a guy's SPS growth can be a detestable thing, if there's any unhappiness I welcome you to clear it up with me. cheers.

Hijackng: sorry to OT your thread bro. :cheers:

Cool my friend...

• SRC Member

hmm to the guy who minus 1 here, pls explain yourself and not just be click-happy and think u'll not be detectable or traceable, thanks. :eyebrow: I don't understand how can complementing a guy's SPS growth can be a detestable thing, if there's any unhappiness I welcome you to clear it up with me. cheers.

Hijackng: sorry to OT your thread bro. :cheers:

There's a rating system? I did not know about this.

Well, the time I spend looking at my tank is more then me watching TV... Lucky I have a understanding family, being supportive all this while.

I am wondering what's happen if I stop reefing :P

You will probably go nuts if you stop reefing, so i suspect they are all preying you continue to reef and be a happy hubby and daddy :P

Anyway, first time i saw your mrs accompaning you ...wow :bow:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member

You will probably go nuts if you stop reefing, so i suspect they are all preying you continue to reef and be a happy hubby and daddy :P

Anyway, first time i saw your mrs accompaning you ...wow :bow:

Ya, life will be a bit different without my tank.

At time, I am also wondering are we( refering to U and me :upsidedown: ) "nutS" chionging every available shipment... lol.

• SRC Member

*cheers* :cheers: matter resolved amicably! mere misunderstanding.:friends:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

Guest copperband

you guys sound like addicts..... but you are all so very right.... i fidn myslf tweaking and modifying ideas on my tank.... think about this think about that..... (even though my tank still dry as a bone) hahahahaha.... how on earth do i survive without a reef all this while i do not know :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Are u talking about this piece?

post-521-015777600%201279728504_thumb.jpg

hi jack long time no see, your sps growth is truly amazing.. cant wait to exchange more frags with u when my tank settles down.. btw is this the frag that u got from me last time?

• SRC Member

hi jack long time no see, your sps growth is truly amazing.. cant wait to exchange more frags with u when my tank settles down.. btw is this the frag that u got from me last time?

Hi Vincent , can't wait to see ur new tank, hope everything soon soon :)

Call me when ur tank is ready, will pass u some frags. The sps u referring is not e one u pass to me. Too bad my com is down so can't post picture of ur frag...

• SRC Member

Hi Vincent , can't wait to see ur new tank, hope everything soon soon :)

Call me when ur tank is ready, will pass u some frags. The sps u referring is not e one u pass to me. Too bad my com is down so can't post picture of ur frag...

hi Jack thanks for the kind gesture, will be stocking up on my SPSes again once i settle my new-tank bryopsis problem.. :)

hi Jack thanks for the kind gesture, will be stocking up on my SPSes again once i settle my new-tank bryopsis problem.. :)

Bro Vincent, go get a sea haire and it should solve your problem within a week. ;)

• SRC Member

Bro Vincent, go get a sea haire and it should solve your problem within a week. ;)

i have 2! problem still persisting! even though the seahares have tripled in size.. i suspect its the strong current that's deterring them from those patches.. now i'm taking a new approach, turning off all waves at night, hopefully the hares will clear the remaining patches.. :) haiz..

• Senior Reefer

i have 2! problem still persisting! even though the seahares have tripled in size.. i suspect its the strong current that's deterring them from those patches.. now i'm taking a new approach, turning off all waves at night, hopefully the hares will clear the remaining patches.. :) haiz..

it won't work. the seahare will only eat the algae but the algae will still continue growing back. this is something that cannot be avoided. but the seahares are good to lessen the uglyness while the algae period kicks in.

my seahares have tripled in size and spawned, but the algae never stops growing back. PO4 is present in the rocks so have to wait for the algae to finish absorbing all.

then it will stop growing and die off, or get eaten up for good. which is what's happening to me now. :)

• SRC Member

it won't work. the seahare will only eat the algae but the algae will still continue growing back. this is something that cannot be avoided. but the seahares are good to lessen the uglyness while the algae period kicks in.

my seahares have tripled in size and spawned, but the algae never stops growing back. PO4 is present in the rocks so have to wait for the algae to finish absorbing all.

then it will stop growing and die off, or get eaten up for good. which is what's happening to me now. :)

haha oh man, my bryopsis is really outta control and growing like fur over a few particular areas.. i can't even glue my SPS frags down, because there's just too much algae! :chair:

sorry bro Jack for diluting your thread.. look forward to visit ur tank soon! :cheers:

• Senior Reefer

haha oh man, my bryopsis is really outta control and growing like fur over a few particular areas.. i can't even glue my SPS frags down, because there's just too much algae! :chair:

sorry bro Jack for diluting your thread.. look forward to visit ur tank soon! :cheers:

just let them grow. let everything grow until they stop growing and your tank stabalise. when the bryopsis grow until very big, rip them off from the base. sometimes it will stun their growth and they won't grow back anymore.

the only things known to 100% eat bryopsis are lettuce nudibranch. all fishes in the genus Siganus (The foxfaces), sea hares, certain tangs may or may not eat bryopsis. depends on the individual. and even if they do, sometimes they just stop eating after awhile. Byropsis is a really distasteful algae.

ok sorry bro hijack for....hijacking your thread! sorry pun intended! hehe.

• SRC Member

just let them grow. let everything grow until they stop growing and your tank stabalise. when the bryopsis grow until very big, rip them off from the base. sometimes it will stun their growth and they won't grow back anymore.

the only things known to 100% eat bryopsis are lettuce nudibranch. all fishes in the genus Siganus (The foxfaces), sea hares, certain tangs may or may not eat bryopsis. depends on the individual. and even if they do, sometimes they just stop eating after awhile. Byropsis is a really distasteful algae.

ok sorry bro hijack for....hijacking your thread! sorry pun intended! hehe.

you are right lemon, now im just counting on my seahares.. my AT used to eat bryopsis when i first got it from LCK, i was SOOO happy.. until the next day i saw velvet. :shock::rip: :rip: :rip:

tempted to get a foxface to clear the bryopsis, but given the velvet situation that i have now, its a no-no.. haiz.. B)

Well, our expert just said it all :bow:

I used to spend one solid hour every once a week weeding out these staff, one mark full of them. After introducing sea hare, all gone within 3 days and no longer have any traces of them. Guess i got lucky with the ones that super like them.

I can t-loan them to you if you want ;)

Err...apology by hijacking hijackng's thread :P

• SRC Member

Well, our expert just said it all :bow:

I used to spend one solid hour every once a week weeding out these staff, one mark full of them. After introducing sea hare, all gone within 3 days and no longer have any traces of them. Guess i got lucky with the ones that super like them.

I can t-loan them to you if you want ;)

Err...apology by hijacking hijackng's thread :P

its okay bro, my tank now not stable yet, esp with the velvets.. will just leave it to the 2 existing seahares to work it out.. many thanks for the offer!! :superman: when all this is settled, it will be time for frags-stock-up, den i will visit you again cedric! wait for me! :idea:

• Senior Reefer

the best algae eaters from the foxface genus are those that look like the real foxface. the other rabbitfishes are too big and not suitable for aquarium.

bicolour foxface, foxface, one spot foxface and magnificent foxface should be good choices. moreover, foxfaces are extremely disease resistant. the last fishes to die.

my personal favourite from the group is the bicolour foxface.

rare, beautiful, unique and very different. my kind of fish. endemic only to fiji.

post-15755-011806200 1282148049_thumb.jp

post-15755-006874100 1282148072_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Hijacking? no problem guy. Thanks for adding substance into my tank thread :)

Agreed with lemon... Continue maintain good water, add some po4 remover. after some time algae growth will slow down.

I used to prune bryopsis and brush hair algae with tooth brush manually. For me Turf algae is a problem unit I introduce tuxedo urchin.

• SRC Member
  • 4 weeks later...