150 gallon marine aquarium

hijackng

• SRC Member

Reading from the 1st page till last page, this tank really involve into a beautiful tank each time. Time and effort spent must be enormous beside the $. :welldone:

The $ part is not the problem as it can be earned. If not enough, save up 1st like how I did.

• SRC Member

Reading from the 1st page till last page, this tank really involve into a beautiful tank each time. Time and effort spent must be enormous beside the $. :welldone:

The $ part is not the problem as it can be earned. If not enough, save up 1st like how I did.

Agreed, not a cheap hobby.

I start slow and I acquired most of my equipment piece by piece from Pasar Malam over the years.

Now I have 4x tunze 6100, 1x tunze 6055, 2x tunze controller, 2x H&S skimmers, 2x FR, 2x Chillers. 3x 250w MH, 4x 54w T5 and many pump

Yearly I must spend on:

4x 250w MH bulb = $440

4X 54w T5 = $130

4x 24w T5 = $120

3x KH tester = $48

3x Ca tester = $78

2x Mg tester = $64

KH, Ca and Mg supplement = about $120

Rowapos = $$210

TM iodine, K+ and A- supplement = easily more then $150

electric bill = better not to think about it :P

and many more like biogest, activated carbon, super glue, frag plug, epoxy......

Thats is the reason I still cant own a car.. haha

But when I stand infront of my tank, that feeling is priceless :D

Are u talking about this piece?

post-521-015777600%201279728504_thumb.jpg

Pic too small can't see looks like a pocci. Actually i'm eyeing the orange base green tip one.

Is it...? i am confused :wacko:

Just do a search on sps selago / pink flamigo should reveal the answer.

Anyway, saw your listing of the reefing expenses...i think you miss out one item - coral rx :P

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

• SRC Member
But when I stand infront of my tank, that feeling is priceless :D

Yes, this is the reason all reefer wants to reach. After a hard day of work, standing in front of the tank is priceless. Sometimes when we think about it, we wonder how other people without reef tank cope after a hard day of work.

• SRC Member

Yes, this is the reason all reefer wants to reach. After a hard day of work, standing in front of the tank is priceless. Sometimes when we think about it, we wonder how other people without reef tank cope after a hard day of work.

Lol... perhaps they wind down by looking at their bank account statements, smiling to themselves how much money they have saved without keeping a reef tank...? :upsidedown:

Hi Jack,

Turns out the coral you passed to me is almost impossible to I.D. Most internet websites refer to it as daisy xenia. I will pass a colony back to you once I start to grow them. :thanks:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Lol... perhaps they wind down by looking at their bank account statements, smiling to themselves how much money they have saved without keeping a reef tank...? :upsidedown:

Hmm, good reason there. But sometimes they do not get to enjoy the fruit of their labour due to disease or they get THE INVITATION CARD ( surrender passport ). :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

woahhhhhhhhhhh your 4th pic from left is just insaneeeeeeeee !!!! :score::bow:

hmm to the guy who minus 1 here, pls explain yourself and not just be click-happy and think u'll not be detectable or traceable, thanks. :eyebrow: I don't understand how can complementing a guy's SPS growth can be a detestable thing, if there's any unhappiness I welcome you to clear it up with me. cheers.

Hijackng: sorry to OT your thread bro. :cheers:

" The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people! "

Randy Pausch, (The Last Lecture)

• SRC Member

Just do a search on sps selago / pink flamigo should reveal the answer.

Anyway, saw your listing of the reefing expenses...i think you miss out one item - coral rx :P

Haha... Ya lo. Coral RX had become another necessity for me liao