Whats wrong with my clownfish!?

yikai

• Senior Reefer

I have a pair of false perc, that have been getting along very wel for months now. Tonight i saw what seemed to be aggresion!? They were biting each other's lips and chasing each other around the tank. The biting was what scared me the most. It seemed really painful. so i separated them and put one inside a betta box.

Anyone know whats wrong?

• SRC Member

they're probably just having their female dominance ritual.. since u said they have been living for quite some time, it shouldnt be a problem.. clowns are quite easily paired..

• Senior Reefer
what are their sizes? and if it gets really bad, den u might really have to separate them..

Both are same size. Not very big not very small, normal clownfish size. One is SLIGHTLY bigger than the other. Very hard to tell unless look closer. One is more orange than the other. They have been living peacefully, sleeping peacefully together for months. Dunno why like this suddenly

I have a pair of false perc, that have been getting along very wel for months now. Tonight i saw what seemed to be aggresion!? They were biting each other's lips and chasing each other around the tank. The biting was what scared me the most. It seemed really painful. so i separated them and put one inside a betta box.

Anyone know whats wrong?

My have the same problem, after getting together for some time they start to chasing each other and at the end 1 RIP

• Senior Reefer
My have the same problem, after getting together for some time they start to chasing each other and at the end 1 RIP

This morning i woke up to find one clownfish hiding inside the rockwork. Very scared to go out. I very scared one will die.

• SRC Member

try catching both and place them into the betta box with a seperator. remove the seperator maybe a day later and see how they react to one another..

works for me.. =]

i am currently housing both of my newly purchased percs in a betta box without seperator to let them get used to one another... they did fight earlier but have stopped now.. =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...