Reefkeeping's Top 10: Top Ten Reasons Why You Don't Quarantine

Achilles Tang

no its just to make us laugh at some of the excuses we all make.... but secretly kicking ourselves for having our newly purchased fishes go up the lorry for NOT quarantining them!

• SRC Member

Heehee, one of them describes me quite abit. If i quarantine, my wife sure know l spent money to buy a new fish. So, you can imagine while the fish kanna wacked by the existing fishes, l also kanna wacked! So, l usually buy quarantined and stable fishes from LFS and reefers. Placed them in the sump first for a week to get used to the new tank water parameters and eat until fat fat before going into the main tank for wacking sessions. So far so good!

• SRC Member

Hi Achilles Tangs

Nice to see this posting.

Although I have 2 quarantine tanks, somehow they become my nano FOWLR tank....hehe..

Reason No7 also works for me somtimes. So wife don't know ma....

For serious matter, may I ask ALL Bros and Sis , do you quarantine your CORALS? What is the coral carry disease?

Hi All New reefer

MAKE SURE YOU QUARANTINE YOUR FISHES. As for corals, wait for senior reefer to reply in this thread.