Post your Angel tanks here!

Nothing rude at all if u cant spot it.

Hahaha yea now i see it.....its like where's wally....

digiman, from your experience does dwarf angel nip on brain corals?

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahaha yea now i see it.....its like where's wally....

digiman, from your experience does dwarf angel nip on brain corals?

My experience no. But many others experiences yes. No pgymy angels can be trusted. So u mux decide, which is more precious to u, if it's your brain corals, den dun keep any dwarfs. If u wan 100% safe angels, go for genicanthus:

post-10328-1257166659.jpg

Feeding quite well, in fact the fish is already feeding on pellets at LCK before i got it, but reach home dun take pellets or flakes anymore, only eat mysis. Heard some stories of large conspic suddenly stop feeding and perish so hope the fish can stay hungry.

Would love to see your conspic, bro! :eyebrow:

Very chio fish.....hope LCK is bringing in more.... :rolleyes:

Hey reefers, i think its time for me to contribute my angels tank. Did my best to capture most of my angels so would like to apologies if you most are not captured

Hey reefers, i think its time for me to contribute my angels tank. Did my best to capture most of my angels so would like to apologies if you most are not captured

wow nice tank. =)

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

Did i saw a fish trap in your sand bed ?

Did i saw a fish trap in your sand bed ?

Nope its a mesh housing to protect my open brain from my Eibli. Its got an itchy mouth, but i'm also using the same mesh method to trap my angels and train them to eat pellets.

Did post a picture on how to train and slowly introduce fishes to the main tank.

• SRC Member
Nope its a mesh housing to protect my open brain from my Eibli. Its got an itchy mouth, but i'm also using the same mesh method to trap my angels and train them to eat pellets.

Did post a picture on how to train and slowly introduce fishes to the main tank.

Hmm, how long you intend to have the mesh there to protect yr open brain? Quite unsightly though...but with so many angels, tt open brain will always be in danger.

Hmm, how long you intend to have the mesh there to protect yr open brain? Quite unsightly though...but with so many angels, tt open brain will always be in danger.

Not sure how long i wanna place the mesh there but maybe someone out there wanna adopt my open brain and take good care? :eyebrow:

• 5 months later...

Hi, I got a 3x2x2 tank setup and I hope tat the experienced pple here can advise if this list of fish is realistic for my tank size.

1. Emperor adult

2. Majestic or blue face

3. Blue Tang

4. Coral beauty

5. Flame Angel

6. A pair of true percula

7. Yellow Tang

I dun really want to overload the tank. Please advise. I m not planning to run a chiller but my fan had been able to keep temp abt 30 degree. Thanks!!!

Hi, I got a 3x2x2 tank setup and I hope tat the experienced pple here can advise if this list of fish is realistic for my tank size.

1. Emperor adult

2. Majestic or blue face

3. Blue Tang

4. Coral beauty

5. Flame Angel

6. A pair of true percula

7. Yellow Tang

I dun really want to overload the tank. Please advise. I m not planning to run a chiller but my fan had been able to keep temp abt 30 degree. Thanks!!!

Looks ok bro.

best to intro coral beauty and flame together.

let them settle down then followed by Emperor and blue face together.

and get the smaller species.

Personally I find it most rewarding to get juvenile ones and see them change into adult coloration.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Bro, I have already put in a coral beauty that I had from my 24 gallon tank. Still looking for a good and healthy flame angel. Must the emperor and blue face be abt the same size when introduced??? Thanks for ya input

Bro, I have already put in a coral beauty that I had from my 24 gallon tank. Still looking for a good and healthy flame angel. Must the emperor and blue face be abt the same size when introduced??? Thanks for ya input

If introduce at the same time better to be the same size. If seperately hten size of about 1 1/2" will be idea. About the 3 big angels, Emperor might be the most difficult. Better to introduce this one first. How long you have cycled your new tank?

If introduce at the same time better to be the same size. If seperately hten size of about 1 1/2" will be idea. About the 3 big angels, Emperor might be the most difficult. Better to introduce this one first. How long you have cycled your new tank?

Hi bro, currently cycle for abt week plus. Just have some fishes from my Nano tank previously. Looking to slowly stock up. Would really appreciate any advise! Thanks!!!

Hi bro, currently cycle for abt week plus. Just have some fishes from my Nano tank previously. Looking to slowly stock up. Would really appreciate any advise! Thanks!!!

Patient is the key element. But I can't achieve it. Hehehe... Introduce slowly. I would highly recommend you to get all this fishes from the reefer in the forum. Some might be slightly expensive but save you a lot of pain.

I have a 7" buleface. If interested let me know.

Patient is the key element. But I can't achieve it. Hehehe... Introduce slowly. I would highly recommend you to get all this fishes from the reefer in the forum. Some might be slightly expensive but save you a lot of pain.

I have a 7" buleface. If interested let me know.

Bro, I am currently looking at the buy and sell section to see if got any fishes that I am interested in but now like dont have lehz. Even if have, very fast taken up by other people. Anyway, I am looking at max of 5 inches size for the BlueFace and Majestic as my Tank only 3x2x2, if put in too big then no space for them to grow. Pai seh ah!! Thanks for the offer!

Bro, I am currently looking at the buy and sell section to see if got any fishes that I am interested in but now like dont have lehz. Even if have, very fast taken up by other people. Anyway, I am looking at max of 5 inches size for the BlueFace and Majestic as my Tank only 3x2x2, if put in too big then no space for them to grow. Pai seh ah!! Thanks for the offer!

In my opinion, your tank is not mature enough to handle your intended bioload. If you can, I would suggest you wait at least 2 months before adding any of the big Tangs and Angels. In the mean time, you should add bacteria to hasten the maturity of the filtration system. Your tank's capacity is only 85 gallon (without LR). Throw in the LR and you have alot lesser space for your fish. Big Angels and Tangs require at least 120 gallons tank to do well. Both the Blue Face and Emperor are very aggressive and territorial fish. The Majestic will not stand a chance. I strongly recommend you give this fish a miss. In fact, I would go so far to advise you to keep either the Blue Face or the Emperor but not both.

Angels and Tangs are Ick magnets. If you get them from lfs, it is almost impossible to avoid them. For this reason, it will be better if you can get them from the reefer in this forum. It may cost a little more but you are assured of a properly climatised fish. If you do not quarantine your fish, it is one more reason for you to get your fish from reefer. Not quarantining your fish is like playing russian roulette.

Many reefers decomm within 12 months of starting this hobby because of the constant dying of their life stocks. If you want to be successful in this hobby, you must have patience and reasonably deep pocket.

Lastly, welcome to this great forum. I hope to still hear from you after 12 months.

In my opinion, your tank is not mature enough to handle your intended bioload. If you can, I would suggest you wait at least 2 months before adding any of the big Tangs and Angels. In the mean time, you should add bacteria to hasten the maturity of the filtration system. Your tank's capacity is only 85 gallon (without LR). Throw in the LR and you have alot lesser space for your fish. Big Angels and Tangs require at least 120 gallons tank to do well. Both the Blue Face and Emperor are very aggressive and territorial fish. The Majestic will not stand a chance. I strongly recommend you give this fish a miss. In fact, I would go so far to advise you to keep either the Blue Face or the Emperor but not both.

Angels and Tangs are Ick magnets. If you get them from lfs, it is almost impossible to avoid them. For this reason, it will be better if you can get them from the reefer in this forum. It may cost a little more but you are assured of a properly climatised fish. If you do not quarantine your fish, it is one more reason for you to get your fish from reefer. Not quarantining your fish is like playing russian roulette.

Many reefers decomm within 12 months of starting this hobby because of the constant dying of their life stocks. If you want to be successful in this hobby, you must have patience and reasonably deep pocket.

Lastly, welcome to this great forum. I hope to still hear from you after 12 months.

Yup, I do agree that my tank needs to be more mature before I put in anymore livestock. As for bacteria, I got my setup from Irwana and the water had already been dosed with bacteria. I am also looking for fishes from fellow reefers' tank. Well, I will definitely pray hard that the fishes will be ok after the 12 months period. =) Cheers!

Hi bro IIIEEE

Why don't you set up your own tank thread so that we can see your progress and tank :)

I love blueface. Kept a couple previously. But somehow always feel that he is more timid than majestic, emperor and other angels.

Keep lookout at SL. They bring in angelfishes very often. Also when buyin from LFS, try to ensure that these are handcaught ones.

It they are not, then skip them. Wait for another batch.

cheers!

jacky

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Hi bro IIIEEE

Why don't you set up your own tank thread so that we can see your progress and tank :)

I love blueface. Kept a couple previously. But somehow always feel that he is more timid than majestic, emperor and other angels.

Keep lookout at SL. They bring in angelfishes very often. Also when buyin from LFS, try to ensure that these are handcaught ones.

It they are not, then skip them. Wait for another batch.

cheers!

jacky

Hey Bro Jacky,

Yup, I went to SL and they sure do have a lot of angels!! Although their price a bit more expensive but the condition of the fishes is definitely looks much healthier.

Dun dare to start buying yet unless really got a good one that is healthy.

Pardon me if I am wrong, usually the Emperor, Majestic and Blue Face are from Indonesia and Philippines rite? For such countries, they are usually caught by Cyanide instead of handcaught right? So, unless the shipment is from Maldives izzit?

Thats a good suggestion, perhaps I will start a thread soon but got to find sometime to take some good pics first!

Regards,

IIIEEE

• Senior Reefer

Hey Bro Jacky,

Yup, I went to SL and they sure do have a lot of angels!! Although their price a bit more expensive but the condition of the fishes is definitely looks much healthier.

Dun dare to start buying yet unless really got a good one that is healthy.

Pardon me if I am wrong, usually the Emperor, Majestic and Blue Face are from Indonesia and Philippines rite? For such countries, they are usually caught by Cyanide instead of handcaught right? So, unless the shipment is from Maldives izzit?

Thats a good suggestion, perhaps I will start a thread soon but got to find sometime to take some good pics first!

Regards,

IIIEEE

just buy them from phillipines and indonesia.... that's where they come from... if you want to spend much more, get emperor from christmas island or red sea. they cost much much more but there's really not much difference except for the colour. colour is nicer but they are quite hard to come by. the rest primarily come from indo and philipines. not many LFS will bring them in from other local as it's more expensive and defeats the purpose since you can get them cheaper from indo/phil.

there's really no need to cyanide angels... especially large ones like emperor, blueface and majestic. you will be suprised how easy to catch them by chasing them into a large mist net.

cyanide is usually only used for difficult to catch species that hide alot, like certain dwarf angels. In poor countries like indo, they might use cyanide but they don't use it indiscriminately... certain fishes that don't need to use cyanide, they won't use. like large angels.

anyway, emperor angel is the easiest out of the three you mentioned. the other 2, blueface and majestic, might need some help getting to feed. but if you buy them from reputable LFS like coral farm or sealife, there's really no difficulty in getting a feeding specimen.

just buy them from phillipines and indonesia.... that's where they come from... if you want to spend much more, get emperor from christmas island or red sea. they cost much much more but there's really not much difference except for the colour. colour is nicer but they are quite hard to come by. the rest primarily come from indo and philipines. not many LFS will bring them in from other local as it's more expensive and defeats the purpose since you can get them cheaper from indo/phil.

there's really no need to cyanide angels... especially large ones like emperor, blueface and majestic. you will be suprised how easy to catch them by chasing them into a large mist net.

cyanide is usually only used for difficult to catch species that hide alot, like certain dwarf angels. In poor countries like indo, they might use cyanide but they don't use it indiscriminately... certain fishes that don't need to use cyanide, they won't use. like large angels.

anyway, emperor angel is the easiest out of the three you mentioned. the other 2, blueface and majestic, might need some help getting to feed. but if you buy them from reputable LFS like coral farm or sealife, there's really no difficulty in getting a feeding specimen.

Just curious but has anyone managed to successful keep 3 of the large size angels (size range from 4 inch to 5 inch)in a 3X2X2 tank? My initial plan was to put in 2 but if it is possible to have 3, that will be the best. (The common problem with newbies) hope to hear from the angels expert here. I am really new to this and would definitely welcome any comments or suggestion. Thanks!!!!!

Anyway, I saw an Asfur Angel in Sealife and I thought that the fish looks really nice! Anyone had any experience in this fish? Is it hardy?

I guess I will probably start to post a tank thread by this week or next! Waiting for my camera to come back to me.

(When I was in Hongkong about a month ago, I saw the Marine Tanks in the shops full of fishes!!!! I wonder how did they do it?)

Just curious but has anyone managed to successful keep 3 of the large size angels (size range from 4 inch to 5 inch)in a 3X2X2 tank?

Not advisable. Keep to two big ones and few smaller ones.

Anyway, I saw an Asfur Angel in Sealife and I thought that the fish looks really nice! Anyone had any experience in this fish? Is it hardy?

Asfur is extremely hardy and beautiful. Go fot it.

(When I was in Hongkong about a month ago, I saw the Marine Tanks in the shops full of fishes!!!! I wonder how did they do it?)

LFS like them do it with frequent and massive water change. Dun follow!