Post your Angel tanks here!

Still not eating :unsure:

male pic 2nd pic female

Nice Pair, they will eat voraciously after u release into main tank. They dun like being confine too long and will become more stress in a small box, release them soon and they'll be fighting with other fishes for food. It's unlikely they'll be bullied by any fishes.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Nice Pair, they will eat voraciously after u release into main tank. They dun like being confine too long and will become more stress in a small box, release them soon and they'll be fighting with other fishes for food. It's unlikely they'll be bullied by any fishes.

ok release them now,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

Still not eating :unsure:

male pic 2nd pic female

the pair look like a pair of dog ... look kinda cute

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

update update....lol

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Just want to find out if you guys put any cucumber to clean your sand bed in your angels tanks?

am afraid that the angels will peck on them. Please share. thanks

is that a new thing to clean sandbed? can share the source of information?

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Just wondering if it is possible to mix dwarf angels with the large kinds.. Haven seen anyone with that setup before...

I had seen lot of tank with a mixture of dwarf and large angles. one typical eg would be in Iwrana. Your larger fishes must be 4" above then it will not bother about 1 - 2" fishes

I had seen lot of tank with a mixture of dwarf and large angles. one typical eg would be in Iwrana. Your larger fishes must be 4" above then it will not bother about 1 - 2" fishes

Hmmm... Oh ya... But always forgotten about their tank.. Wah, a bit difficult to find dwarf angels at 1-2inch.. haha..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Hmmm... Oh ya... But always forgotten about their tank.. Wah, a bit difficult to find dwarf angels at 1-2inch.. haha..

Flame angel, potter, bi-colour,midnight, multi-colour,argi etc normally comes in 1 1/2 to 2". I dun think difficult to find this type of fishes.

• SRC Member
bro earth how the angels in yr office tank? on the way to recovery?

bor Earth, what happen to your tank? Yesterday saw yr fish nice and healthy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Supporter

Nice landscaping with lots of swim through holes... I am a disaster in this! Lol.

Me no expert, so can't give u any advise. But you may want to help me landscape mine cos mine is very restricted tank.

:o

good size for FOWLR...

slowly collect the angels u like and the sohal will be the headache of the tank with time from personal experience =)

feed a variety of food

water change to maintain water quality as we tend to overfeed, feed a lot or even overstock.

Do u QT?

if not, really standby a bottle of cupramine... it will come in handy with time ...

in the meanwhile, read up more...

the only stupid thing i always face in FOWLR is ich =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
good size for FOWLR...

slowly collect the angels u like and the sohal will be the headache of the tank with time from personal experience =)

feed a variety of food

water change to maintain water quality as we tend to overfeed, feed a lot or even overstock.

Do u QT?

if not, really standby a bottle of cupramine... it will come in handy with time ...

in the meanwhile, read up more...

the only stupid thing i always face in FOWLR is ich =)

I would suggest that you lower you Sgto about 15 points during the period when you are stocking up you r fishes.

First it will reduce osmotic stress on your fish and secondly it will keep ich away becos they are not able to thrive at those SG levels.

When you have completed your stocking, then slowly raise the SG back to norm over a couple of weeks or even a month.

I am pretty sure it will drastically reduce mortality rates

• SRC Member
I would suggest that you lower you Sgto about 15 points during the period when you are stocking up you r fishes.

First it will reduce osmotic stress on your fish and secondly it will keep ich away becos they are not able to thrive at those SG levels.

When you have completed your stocking, then slowly raise the SG back to norm over a couple of weeks or even a month.

I am pretty sure it will drastically reduce mortality rates

1.015 is not low enuff to kill ich....

for me i bring it down as low as 1.012 and the fish still eating in my QT just transfer my queen to a 4ft mansion with flame hawk, but now still considering weather to put the blue ring from bigbird bro to the mansion or 3ft terrence headard koran also an issue