Tiffanydunk's 2ft nano tank

tiffanydunk

• SRC Member

Old thread:http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69793

Hi bros, here are some pics after i transfered everything from my old 1ft cube to the new 2ft tank. Everything's doing fine so far. No casualty. *sweat*

Specs:

2x1.5x1.5 IOS

CL280 chiller

Atman return pumps(very high wattage)

2 tubes T5 lightings (Not sufficient?)

Pending FR

Skimmerless

FTS

P1080070.jpg

Different view

P1080072.jpg

Different view

P1080071.jpg

some shots of my eagle zoas

P1080063.jpg

DIY FR. Hope it works when i get the rowaphos. It will be connected to the return tube from my chiller.

P1080075.jpg

end for now. :)

pico pico pico.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I'm assuming that the green basket in your display contains cheato? Heh... I have the exact basket for this purpose. Your scaping looks a little flimsy though... you might want sturdier rocks at the bottom for a stronger foundation. I like your DIY FR. If it works, you might wanna consider getting those tupperware bottles for a sturdier body. Keep us updated on your progress! ^_^

• SRC Member

Peacemaker: Ya lor.. if put behind IOS no lights.. wont wanna increase my pub bills in getting additional lights. will take note of the rockscape. Will update on the FR once i got the media.

AhSiang: haha.. chio sia.. i usually go pasir ris farms LFS. :)

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member
Glad to see that you have upgraded! But I still like the scape from your previous tank. :whistle

More pics please!

Hi firestarter, i always wanna have a valley feel. Personally i like this rockscape though. ;) thanks for the comments! :)

<_<

i was wondering is it those without chiller like me r causing some adverse effect to my corals

due to e irregular salinity...n evaporation..

I must admit chiller does good for ur corals and evaporation rate. Tested and proven. haha..

more live rocks will be better =)

I will let corals fill up the emptyness. :)

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member

Care to share how does your DIY FR work? I've always been ignorant towards FR, CR etc becos I don't see a need to get one. But your DIY FR looks interesting. Maybe I should DIY one for me own too. :eyebrow:

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member
erm.. 1.5l empty bottle, a hard plastic tube as seen in pic, silicon, and a small pipe for water outlet, also using silicon. I will show it after i get the media this weekend. :)

Don't forget to update! Looking forward to it.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Ah... here's the update of my DIY FR, i would rate it as a success! :rolleyes:

Overall view with water input on top (return from chiller).

post-8568-1232174096.jpg

Here's the movement of the Sorb4, hope u guys can see it, really dark in my IOS.

post-8568-1232174140.jpg

Cost:

-Bottle (free from water top-up)

-Acrylic tube ($2)

-Sorb4 (traded items with bro tansk)

-Silicon tube ($3)

Water still cloudy now. Hope it clears up, other than that everything seems ok. :)

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member
How did you manage to catch it?

I don't know either. I was observing my FR where i saw it swimming happily under the return pump. Intially tot a croach fell in, but closer look it's a mantis. I just scope it out with a net and it's quite confine in there. Oh and im keeping it as pet. :)

pico pico pico.