LFS Update and Shipments - 5th JAN to 11th JAN 09

• SRC Member
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
bro Thexder, whats the size of those clams? :)

Around 2"... I bought 1 maxima, 4 red notes, then less 20%. But the maximas have plenty of aiptisa growing over their shells :cry: Need to do a lot of aiptasia killing before you put it in your tank :angry:

• SRC Member
  • Senior Reefer
Just came back from CF. Lots of maximas and squamosa. 2 black tangs and several flame angels. Got a dustbin full of nautilus beside the seahorse tank.

Bro, any idea how much they sell the flame angel? Do they look like in good shape? >.<

• SRC Member

Hi LemonLemon Bro

If you can wait, then you should try the Marshall Island Flame Angels. They are brighter RED in color.

The last shipment from AM was last Christmas. They might be bringing in again. Try calling Janet or John.

• SRC Member
Hi LemonLemon Bro

If you can wait, then you should try the Marshall Island Flame Angels. They are brighter RED in color.

The last shipment from AM was last Christmas. They might be bringing in again. Try calling Janet or John.

Many bros including me did not managed to keep those angels alive. Almost all died of the same symtoms, bloated stomach. Scared to purchase fishes from MI liao. Yours managed to survive?

• SRC Member

FYI:

I bought mystery and angel frm AM's recent shipment,

Mystery bought on the 1st day shippment, still alive and kicking

F. Angel bought on the day after, but didnt make it the very next day, suspect it was my cleaner wrasse pair coz keep on disturbing F.Angel when added together into my holding tank. so reason of dying: unknown =x

• SRC Member
Bro, any idea how much they sell the flame angel? Do they look like in good shape? >.<

I got the flame angel at the same time with the maxima... $75 (before 20% discount). CF price is quite standard... every shipment of flame angel I ask the auntie she tell me the same price :rolleyes: Somehow I find CF's flame angels have nicer black bars and reds compared to those in the other LS shops.

• SRC Member

Thanks bro. Yeah I was there last weekend but their size a bit too large for moi. Shall wait till next shipment. :rolleyes:

Hi Bro

Ah Beng LFS has a couple of blue spot sea hares. They are about 2-3 inches. Is that small to you or too big?

Been there last Sunday and still have 5.

• Senior Reefer

Thanks. Have been looking for a flame angelfish for quite some time, everytime i see its either reserved, not healthy, or dead -.- last time i saw in one LFS. dun wan mention name, one flame angel full of white spots... also still for sale. In fact, the whole shop infected with white spots. fish all dead or dying. My first visit to that shop, and i told myself i wont go back there again. Hopefully they do something about it bah.

BTW, what is MI? what shop is that? isit ML? marine life? that shop henry quite nice. =) his LS all very healthy

• Senior Reefer
MI = Marshal Island

Oh thank you. BTW i heard flame angels from christmas island/coco island always carry parasite. is that true? are flame angels even found there? i read on wetwebmedia.

flame angels from hawaii and MI are the best? so far, i cant really differenciate where they come from, i just know that certain areas the colour from intense/faded. The one from marqueses has no black bars?

Oh thank you. BTW i heard flame angels from christmas island/coco island always carry parasite. is that true? are flame angels even found there? i read on wetwebmedia.

flame angels from hawaii and MI are the best? so far, i cant really differenciate where they come from, i just know that certain areas the colour from intense/faded. The one from marqueses has no black bars?

Bro, "best" is one issue. But most important is the method used to catch the fishes. The lemon peel I bought from the same shop also up lorry with bloated stomach. Will be my first and last buy from the LFS. <_<

• SRC Member
Bro, "best" is one issue. But most important is the method used to catch the fishes. The lemon peel I bought from the same shop also up lorry with bloated stomach. Will be my first and last buy from the LFS. <_<

ahahahaha bro u oso one of d victim ah? I more jialat 1 mystery n 1 flame, heng ah nearly got d multi colour as well. Luckily u only bought one nia. Lesson learnt liao, dun just buy blindly because the price is cheap......ahaha gong kia do once is enough liao........ :lol:

ahahahaha bro u oso one of d victim ah? I more jialat 1 mystery n 1 flame, heng ah nearly got d multi colour as well. Luckily u only bought one nia. Lesson learnt liao, dun just buy blindly because the price is cheap......ahaha gong kia do once is enough liao........ :lol:

Bro the shipment so jialat meh? Got many flame angel die of bloated stomach? IMO, fish from MI is far better than the Hawaiian side. Try to quarentine in future and see how. Among all, the lemon peel is the most swee one.

BIGBIRD

Tank 1 : 36 x 36 x 30

Tank 2 : 30 x 36 x 30

Sump : 43 x 30 x 15

Light 1 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Light 2 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Wavemaker : 1 x Tunze wavebox

Skimmer : Deltec 701 and Deltec TS 1250 Turbo Skimmer

Chiller : Arctica 1/4

Return pump 1: Rio 32

Return pump 2: Rio 20

Pinpoint : PH meter

Pinpoint : Temp meter

Pinpoint : ORP controller

Ozonizer : Sander C200

Tank1 and 2 : 308gallon

123a4qp.jpg

BIGBIRD

I TALK ANGEL, I EAT ANGEL, I SLEEP ANGEL

• SRC Member
Bro the shipment so jialat meh? Got many flame angel die of bloated stomach? IMO, fish from MI is far better than the Hawaiian side. Try to quarentine in future and see how. Among all, the lemon peel is the most swee one.

bro not only angels, my mystery oso. MI fishes might be better but it's the method used to catch them that is the critical factor.

• Senior Reefer

i like lemonpeel too. very nice and "clean" looking. the yellow very pure and sour. like a lemon

• SRC Member
Thanks. Have been looking for a flame angelfish for quite some time, everytime i see its either reserved, not healthy, or dead -.- last time i saw in one LFS. dun wan mention name, one flame angel full of white spots... also still for sale. In fact, the whole shop infected with white spots. fish all dead or dying. My first visit to that shop, and i told myself i wont go back there again. Hopefully they do something about it bah.

Which shop is that? CF's flame angels are from Hawaii... or thats what the auntie tells me.

Ultraman - Yah lor. Saw the beautiful lemon peel and tempted by the price then bought it. Anyway, lesson learnt lah.

Was eating very well. Mine died in the quarantine tank.

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

LEGITIMATE RECOVERY COMPANY FOR HIRE--CONTACT/ REVENANT CYBER HACKER

2. 0

RETRIEVE STOLEN BTC/USDT/ETH><CONSULT REVENANT CYBER HACKER

3. 0

Hailea Chiller HK500A (with Temp Probe)