Zoos help please

• Senior Reefer

Are zoos photosynthetic? Do they contain zooxanthelle to help them photosynthesize and make food? I usually feed my corals one or twice a week, and was wondering if this is enough for my zoos? Please help ty. My zoos are blue with brown tentacles and a pink center. Buy from iwarna $5 those kind. please help ty!

• SRC Member
Are zoos photosynthetic? Do they contain zooxanthelle to help them photosynthesize and make food? I usually feed my corals one or twice a week, and was wondering if this is enough for my zoos? Please help ty. My zoos are blue with brown tentacles and a pink center. Buy from iwarna $5 those kind. please help ty!

yes they are photosynthetic.. when they are placed in a new environment or when the lighting conditions changes, sometimes they expel incompatible zooxanthelle in their body which you will see as a stringy stuff from their mouth. but dun worry, they are pretty hardy and will survive. i've never fed my zoas and they are doing great in my tank for a year now. hope that helped

• Senior Reefer
yes they are photosynthetic.. when they are placed in a new environment or when the lighting conditions changes, sometimes they expel incompatible zooxanthelle in their body which you will see as a stringy stuff from their mouth. but dun worry, they are pretty hardy and will survive. i've never fed my zoas and they are doing great in my tank for a year now. hope that helped

Thanks! Yes i see two long brown stringy things from their mouth. It looks like a thread, and its swaying in the water. IS that the expelled zooxanthelle? and i found a blue nudibranch on my zoos today... so sian.... and some transparent film thingy that is almost detatched from the zoos. are those the eggs? and also, there are like, 5 very extremely tiny white dots clustered together. very hard to see, but if use magnifying glass, can see. Are those eggs also? My zoos are all opened up now, look like no problem. But i think one of these days i will FW dip it -__-

• SRC Member
Thanks! Yes i see two long brown stringy things from their mouth. It looks like a thread, and its swaying in the water. IS that the expelled zooxanthelle? and i found a blue nudibranch on my zoos today... so sian.... and some transparent film thingy that is almost detatched from the zoos. are those the eggs? and also, there are like, 5 very extremely tiny white dots clustered together. very hard to see, but if use magnifying glass, can see. Are those eggs also? My zoos are all opened up now, look like no problem. But i think one of these days i will FW dip it -__-

Do remove the eggs before they hatch. :pirate:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg