Mitlancer's "Miracle" Atlantis Walll Mount

mitlancer

• SRC Member

take it easy jim,

your time of ease will come. i can understand how you feel.

last time i brought back a 2x1x1, my mum already screaming at me liao :lol:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Supporter

Oh yah bro, if you need assistance, just let me know lah. Can help you to wash or carry stuff..... :rolleyes:

Thks Chris, of cos, if i can handle on my own also dun wanna disturb others... scarly your gf complain u spent more time with your reefer frens than her... I cannot carry such responsibility... hahaha... :P

Actually, I was thinking of visiting your new tank last night as I had an event until 9pm. Scarly, drag until 10pm.... so better not disturb u liao.

• SRC Supporter

Dun noe them la 2ft nia oso make such a big fuss -_- I tink they eat full too free backside itchy find things sae lor....

hey bro qiang, u very filial liao lor. Weekend still helps out your parents' stall despite you still have your tank to take care... :)

• SRC Supporter

aiya...my parents also treat me like gi-nan also...

when i first started my nano tank...i have to smoke my wife that my office tank is going to decom, so i can go into reefing to save some of the livestocks...haha...

ya la... we are always a gin na in our parents' eyes. Even when you bcome parents liao, they still like to boss ard you. Cannot this, must teach your kid tat... blah blah blah... sigh.

• SRC Supporter

Bro,

you can try terrorist tactics... since tell them you changed your mind now and you want a brand new 8ft tank in the house liao! :pirate:

Then slowly compromise back to the 2ft. :phone:

haha... bro, I like your description, terrorist tactics!!!!! :)

ya la... we are always a gin na in our parents' eyes. Even when you bcome parents liao, they still like to boss ard you. Cannot this, must teach your kid tat... blah blah blah... sigh.

you will be the same like them when you are a grandparent. smile.gif

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Supporter

Looks like my reefing life is always full of hurdles.... existing tank is already damn challenging, family members also challenging... I think my life is just getting more n more challenging from the way it is.....

I thought hobby is supposed to keep one relax and get away from the work stress... but it seems, mine is adding more stress!!! LOL....

• SRC Supporter

take it easy jim,

your time of ease will come. i can understand how you feel.

last time i brought back a 2x1x1, my mum already screaming at me liao :lol:

so how u convince your mother for your existing 5 ft??? Now, talking about patience... i think i have to wait until my kids grow bigger, remove the play yard before I have any more space to play around with.

I think all these tensions are simply due to the ever diminishing footprint of our housing these days.

:(

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Looks like my reefing life is always full of hurdles.... existing tank is already damn challenging, family members also challenging... I think my life is just getting more n more challenging from the way it is.....

I thought hobby is supposed to keep one relax and get away from the work stress... but it seems, mine is adding more stress!!! LOL....

u have to sell the idea of your reefing hobby to your family members first follow by your personal aspirations.....the best approach is to use the educational way...that yr kids will benefit from learning about fishes and marine life w/o having to travel all the way to sentosa underwater world and pay $28 entrance fee...and u have been dreaming of going into this hobby for a long long time....and it can help u to relax from a hard day's work...n assured yr wife that u will get everything second hand to minimise cost and to start off is a 2ft...and once u get the hang of this hobby, then will consider a bigger tank..like 4ft...slowly sell the idea and find a time when your wife is more relax...like after a candle-light dinner and movie...blah blah blah...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter

I think all these tensions are simply due to the ever diminishing footprint of our housing these days.

:(

Yup, tat is 50% right, cos it has been 5 yrs (9 applications/balloting) and we still have not successfully get our own house!!!! So while staying with parents has many benefits, but when it comes to personal space, it is really conflicting and creates a lot of friction. Alot of give and take.

Not just the tank, even when putting my kids in a room of their own also had some conflicts. So, those who are single but planing to get married soon, do think carefully on your own house. :) Dun bcome like me...... from a $300+ 5 rm hdb, I q until now costing >$600K!!!!! Just simply no luck unless I settled in Punggol or Sengkang..... :(

• SRC Member

Yup, tat is 50% right, cos it has been 5 yrs (9 applications/balloting) and we still have not successfully get our own house!!!! So while staying with parents has many benefits, but when it comes to personal space, it is really conflicting and creates a lot of friction. Alot of give and take.

Not just the tank, even when putting my kids in a room of their own also had some conflicts. So, those who are single but planing to get married soon, do think carefully on your own house. :) Dun bcome like me...... from a $300+ 5 rm hdb, I q until now costing >$600K!!!!! Just simply no luck unless I settled in Punggol or Sengkang..... :(

even sengkang / punggol..the BTO there are over-subscribed...if u gonna pay $600k plus for a HDB..must well just get a pte apartment in balestier...n u can cheong sealife and reborn...

l7304smr.jpg

Not just the tank, even when putting my kids in a room of their own also had some conflicts. So, those who are single but planing to get married soon, do think carefully on your own house. smile.gif Dun bcome like me...... from a $300+ 5 rm hdb, I q until now costing >$600K!!!!! Just simply no luck unless I settled in Punggol or Sengkang..... sad.gif

wow 600k for a hdb?? subsidized some more...... must be prime area?

Why don't you look for a resale, get the subsidy maybe at the next dip in the market.

Face it, every few years, real estate will just get more & more expensive. There will be downturns but after the storm is over, the price will leap over the previous high for sure. Every 3 yrs, the difference is about $100k plus minus so the longer your drag, the higher the cost will be.

The worst thing is that the standard of living is getting higher each year but our pay remains rather stagnant. ==> spending power becomes lesser and lesser ...... and when you get married, have kids, kids grow up, you need to spend more and more........ Oh gosh.... this is getting depressing........

• SRC Supporter

even sengkang / punggol..the BTO there are over-subscribed...if u gonna pay $600k plus for a HDB..must well just get a pte apartment in balestier...n u can cheong sealife and reborn...

U bet we were looking at Condos just last yr, n before we can secure any, now all shoot up to >$1k /psf!!!! Out of budget liao. But u mean those older ones at Balestier is still selling at ard $600-$700/psf? If yes, worth considering to invest, but cannot move. Must see if got any good Primary school nearby first... gotta plan for my older son, another 3 more yrs, P1 and Parents Volunteer must be done ard 2 yrs in adv.... wah... now, this is even more challenging!!!!

• SRC Supporter

You can still get resale 5rm in JW and CCK for < 400k. :whistle

Yes, we r also considering getting a resale, only if the COV is not more than $20k... but kinda unrealistic lor... ppl now asking for the sky in terms of COV!!!!!

Yes, we r also considering getting a resale, only if the COV is not more than $20k... but kinda unrealistic lor... ppl now asking for the sky in terms of COV!!!!!

I have seen some asking for around $30k COV nego.

so should be quite possible. of course not next to MRT station kind. need to walk a bit or shuttle.

• SRC Supporter

wow 600k for a hdb?? subsidized some more...... must be prime area?

Why don't you look for a resale, get the subsidy maybe at the next dip in the market.

Face it, every few years, real estate will just get more & more expensive. There will be downturns but after the storm is over, the price will leap over the previous high for sure. Every 3 yrs, the difference is about $100k plus minus so the longer your drag, the higher the cost will be.

The worst thing is that the standard of living is getting higher each year but our pay remains rather stagnant. ==> spending power becomes lesser and lesser ...... and when you get married, have kids, kids grow up, you need to spend more and more........ Oh gosh.... this is getting depressing........

well, kinda of matured estate lor, even Clementi cost as much.... or resale JE also near to $500k!!!! Siao one la.

We didn't expect the down in 2009 lasted only less than 6 months... before we blink our eyes, over liao... (*&^*%

Bro, u got your own apartment right? :) At least you got it when the property price is not crazy like now?

well, kinda of matured estate lor, even Clementi cost as much.... or resale JE also near to $500k!!!! Siao one la.

We didn't expect the down in 2009 lasted only less than 6 months... before we blink our eyes, over liao... (*&^*%

Bro, u got your own apartment right? smile.gif At least you got it when the property price is not crazy like now?

Check out Yew Tee. its quite ok there.

BB, JE, Clementi - the prices there are nuts.

I got it at a high too (at that time). but 5 yrs on, it is even higher.....

If I did not get one then, i do not think I would dare to invest in one now...... we are talking about almost seven digits already.

and my pay has been rather stagnant for about 4 years already :(

• SRC Member

it's possible, if u r looking at somewhere in CCK / bukit panjang / JW areas...and probably, the flat's condition is not renovated...sellers' are not "stupid" nowadays...they know parents who r buyers want to live near good schools, mrt and amenities...they will ask for high COV....

i think in the end, u cannot have everything your way...cheap n big, near to good schools, near to mrt, near to amenities, near to parents' place, accessible to highway...etc...

my personal advice is, for your 1st flat..go for 4rm first...afterall, it comes with 3 bedrooms and the difference between 4rm and 5rm is $100k plus...if one day, yr wife decides to stay at home, u can still finance it...

yes, some of the older pte apartments in balestier (>10yrs) can get them below $800k...

Jacky: i agree with you. Our cost of living is driven up by large influx of expats and PRs...the price of our housing is rising too fast...its not realistic...even my ang moh bosses are complaining our condos cost more than those in new york!

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Check out Yew Tee. its quite ok there.

BB, JE, Clementi - the prices there are nuts.

I got it at a high too (at that time). but 5 yrs on, it is even higher.....

If I did not get one then, i do not think I would dare to invest in one now...... we are talking about almost seven digits already.

and my pay has been rather stagnant for about 4 years already :(

when i got my flat at queenstown in Aug 2007, it was $270k plus...exactly after 6 months i got my keys...property prices went boomz...n my neighbour got it at $320k plus in 2008. Now, my place is >$500k plus...and its 4room. I got a friend just sold his tiong bahru 4rm for >$600k and $50k COV...cold hard cash! and downpay a condo in paya lebar...

Flats starting from jurong east onwards all the way down to tiong bahru...u can forget about it...easily $500k plus ffor 4rm...

l7304smr.jpg

my personal advice is, for your 1st flat..go for 4rm first...afterall, it comes with 3 bedrooms and the difference between 4rm and 5rm is $100k plus...if one day, yr wife decides to stay at home, u can still finance it...

Thats a good piece of advice.

Another thing to note is that if you go straight for private apt, you will not be able to leverage on the government subsidies ( the 30k - 50K grant) to own new or resale HDB. you will need to sell off your private apt and wait for 2 years before you can apply for that grant. Hence use the grant 1st :)

The grant is for flat applicants whose household combined income is less than $8k per month.

These were the facts I have a couple of years back. think they are still relevant now.

• SRC Member

This tank thread is getting depressing. Further cements my fear of marriage. Hahaha.

marry a vietnamese wife and stay there...u can live like a prince there bro...n the women there is pretty...i'm talking about ho chi minh..just 1.5hrs flight away from sgp...can consider

l7304smr.jpg

This tank thread is getting depressing. Further cements my fear of marriage. Hahaha.

you are missing the point.... haiz......

The longer you delay, the higher the cost bro!!!! haha.....

go ROM tml!