Need advice. Expert level gorgonian

• Senior Reefer

Hey sorry, i apologise if i post in wrong forum, i have no idea if gorgonian (sea fan) is a SPS or what.. so hopefully, someone here can help me out.

I purchased a blueberry gorgonian from Iwarana today, very nice and beautiful. But when i got home, i read on the internet that it is VERY VERY difficult to

maintain and it usually dies in captive environment. It cost me $15, but money is not an issue, i just want to make sure i can, if possible, provide the best care i

can to help this gorgonian survive. My question is, has anyone here have any experience in this blueberry gorgonian? It is non-photosynthetic and thus

regular feeding is needed. I am currently feeding it with prawn juice (home made. just squeeze prawn in water), and henry's reef formula.

Is it getting enough to eat? I am feeding it two times daily. the polyps open beautifully and i can't bear to see it waste away. Anyone with experience

please advice. If i had known this was such a difficult sea fan to maintain, i would have not gotten it. Blame it on my ignorance :paiseh:

This is a picture of what it looks like. Mine is slightly smaller and is placed on live rock. I took this picture from google

post-15755-1230390337.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • Senior Reefer

haha yup! now i lazy to feed my corals...i always buy those photosynthetic ones. only my sun coral receive dedicated feeding from me. Rest, all catch whatever food that is floating around hahah! :)