Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yes..they would swim out in the open more often if you got rid of your tangs. I just got rid of my yellow tang. Now firegoby and purple firegoby both more showy. ;)

yeah..the boisterous swimming of tangs will scare them....

but cannot leh...i love tangs and my anthias :)

sigh..not fated to have these firefish...maybe just get the cheaper purple firefish next time :(

make a species only tank for them lar or only put them with peaceful ah pek type tank mates then I think should be able to see them more often.

was thinking of the clam tank..but that means i must cover it up with netting....no point leh...then cannot see the clams from above clearly also...

think my mind winning the battle over the heart for this issue... :)

better dun go PR these few days to see them :lol:

item for my co2 system..

Swagelok fine metering needle valve, B-SS4..chose this one because of the good reviews of it in the net.....

“The valve is fantastic, allowing me total extremely fine control over my CO2 flow rate. I can wind the rate from about 1 bubble every 5 minutes, to about 4-5 bubbles a second, linearly, if the inlet pressure remains constant. Changing the inlet pressure allows me a greater control range.”

“The S series is not designed for shutoff service. The handle has ben placed on the shaft to bottom out and prevent the needle from going lower than a specified level. That level corresponds to about 5 bubbles/second with 12 psi across the valve. You will probably have to loosen the set screw and move the valve back 1/8 inch to go to lower flow rates. I have lowered mine to the 1/2 bubble /sec range, with 12 psi across each valve. (remember I have two in series with 24 psi across the pair). I could go lower, but its not needed. What I really like is the ease of control. For instance, I had 0.6 bubbles/sec. I added 1/4 turn to each valve, and the flowrate increased to 0.8 bubble/second. No other needle valve can do that.”

post-34-1077528418.jpg