Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bro, I just discovered my Oceanfree 9000 pump (4500 l/h 80w) the output lost to 1260 :P

This is driving them thru the pipeline, both driving the chiller back to main tank. Piang! More power yet lower flow.

Installed the MD55 direct into EV240 without Tee... very loud air injection sound. Think the MD55 got some oil or chemical so my EV-240 not broken in yet but the bubbles is completely different than previously.

Gate valve fully open and the big bubbles shoot up 1/2 way up the foam tower :P

yeah lor..didn't i tell you last night you can tell the perfomance upgrade immediately by the air valve? so much air ###### in....lol...hehe

and somemore...no matter how you open the gate valve..the bubbles come so readily without even seeing water level in the foam tower....the days of adjusting the water level is OVER...now is adjusting the bubble level to get dryer or water skimmate..hehe

now you are a believer :lol:

,Feb 15 2004, 12:12 AM] roidan where u buy yr pump?

not good to put the name here lor...like commercial post..

but anyway, this is not the only pump can do this at 6ft...just go around any koi farms, fish farms or even LFS that carry pumps and look for the pump's perfomance at 6ft height.....

alot are very impressive at zero head....but when it comes to height..most fail miserably

bro...

then how about the EV 120?

i'm using the sicce extrema...

too low is it?

what do you think?

go read your ev120 manual...and you see those recommended pumps there...especially the iwaki model...

u go and find out what is the flow rate of this iwaki model at 6ft pressure and you compare your sicce at 6ft....if the flow rate is the same..then u are ok with the pump...if not, and most probably so, then you should use another pump to match the perfomance of the iwaki pump at 6ft pressure

not sure wat is the iwaki model recommended for your ev120..but i think it is iwaki 20RLT

Like what i told bro deepblue, i recently found the anthias forming a hierachy of some form.....the male purple queens and the male bartlett swim in front of the pack...and when the rest of the anthias slowly join the group...the males take turns to *usher* them to the places behind the group....or spaces between the pack....

they really lead by example....and the females seem to be happy swimming behind the males....ooops....guess fishes show sexism also..hehe

I bought my alpha male and five other females from there at $6 per piece. I think the alpha male costs $7 if you don't get other females along with it. not sure. call them up before you go down. (=

but the alphamale I bought is really shy. hiding most of the time. bloody hell.

wow....like ocean look......too bad my tank 4ft only, take a pic like that will see the outside of the tank......

bro...very nice!!!