Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pressure rated pump for a AquaC.... wah high elect bill. since paying the extra elect, why not go all the way and get a beckett skimmer liaoz?? same power but much better skimmer??  :P

yeah lor..the best will be getting a super high pressure pump to pump through a beckett nozzle first and then shoot into the aquaC :lol:

did algae cleaning off the back glass wall....so hard to remove even using a metal scraper....i think its coraline trying to get hold of the glass...but i keep scraping them away...hehe

anyway, tank is neat and nice now :) sorry for the big pic guys...when i resize smaller not nice liao..hehe

but my back is aching...ok...going off for dinner soon..see you bros tonight :)

post-34-1076752176.jpg

Wow..nice...well worth your effort. so many fishes! :lol:

Anyway..in the last pic..the middle of the tank..what fish is that? Looks like clown surgeon...or issit something else?

yes bro...with me close to a month liao....that time put him in the clam tank to monitor him....he did ok....and fought off slight ich...so i let him free in the main tank :)

post-34-1076768811.jpg

cannot say outperform lah...

aquaC users may say aquaC is better...

H&S users may say H&S is better....

but i think i can be fair in my statement since i can choose not to take sides.....

basically, at this moment, i set the H&S to do slightly wetter skimming than the AquaC....whereas..i let the AquaC collect dryer stuff...the aquaC gunk is so thick and sticky that you can see from the photo that some even got stuck before reaching the collection cup and even the bubbles did not dislodge the gunk..this shows how thick and glooey the aquaC skimmate is...

the H&S on the other hand....is wet and i just take the cup out and pour away the skimmate and clean the cup easily.....

seems that i will set up both skimmers in a way that the aquaC do dryer skimming and i will clean it once in a while...whereas i will clean the H&S maybe everyday by pouring the wetter skimmate....

Does H&S skimmer comes with pump? Now what pump you are using for your AquaC? .

H&S does come with pump..if you are using the insump model...mean you place it in the sump ...it comes with the needlewheel impeller pump that will draw water from the sump as well as chop the water with bubbles...

if you choose the outsump one...meaning you can place it outside the sump....it comes with the needlewheel impeller pump...but it no longer draws water from the sump..u need another pump of your own choice to push water into the H&S..but the benefit is that you can place the skimmer away from the sump/tank or if your sump no more space to place the tall skimmer..

for AquaC ev240..i am using a pond pump now....rated 90watts to produce 6000 litres/hr at 0head....but 3000litres at 2metres high....tat's just right for the aquaC injector which simulates a 6foot head loss which is about 1.8plus metres tall...

Eheim 1262 wont do the trick? i though eheim will deliver around 3000 litres up to 3.4 m?

it means that 1262 will only deliver water to 3.4 m....anything above that...zero water at all...

but along the way up to 3.4m...the flow rate already starts dropping and dropping...

i see the graph on the 1262 box....at 2m high..it only produce about 1500 litres/hour....all pumps are the same..the higher you go, the less flow you get...

just that pressure rated pumps employ a closed impeller design that in some way create better flow even at high heights...the flow also drops....but not as much as other pumps

bro, I just discovered my Oceanfree 9000 pump (4500 l/h 80w) the output lost to 1260 :P

This is driving them thru the pipeline, both driving the chiller back to main tank. Piang! More power yet lower flow.

Installed the MD55 direct into EV240 without Tee... very loud air injection sound. Think the MD55 got some oil or chemical so my EV-240 not broken in yet but the bubbles is completely different than previously.

Gate valve fully open and the big bubbles shoot up 1/2 way up the foam tower :P