Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey roidan...can you collect about 10 nudie for me...want to try them out on aiptasia. See whether these small ones will eat them. :lol:

morgan bro..

the site says that should wait for at least 1cm specimens before they are considered strong enough...not many of this size around..but if i ever pick them out...i pass to you and you can do the aiptasia meal test just like the url below...hehe

will let u know when i have those 1cm ready ones.... :)

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/ac/feature/index.htm

Very beautiful dendro you got there pal... but you know it won't survive long-term in any tank! :(

yah man...sigh.....

its 4 inches tall...din want to take the bigger ones....

boss, you got see the clam spawning series of pics in this thread or not?

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=7509&st=1665

me last night worried like mad :(

Wow! Clams spawning! How rare! :) Congrats on witnessing this!

The last time I saw this was at Morgan's place after we did a massive water change of NSW after a flatworm nuking exercise more than a year ago! ;)

Your green maxima looks exactly like the one I have! :)

post-34-1076584765.jpg

yeah...hehe...

wah..your maximas very nice nice..hehe

clams spawn coz either stress or the socalled act of nature...

in fact i read that in clam farming....they purposely induce spawning...

by raising temperature of the clams...Gonad extract....or Serotonin and the clams may spawn due to this trigger...

even i guess doing massive water change will make the clams spawn..hehe

i worried today wake up all the clams i can use fry oyster omelette liao..hehe

but heng i test the water still ok..nonetheless did some water change also. :)

so i can claim the honour of the taking the first clam spawning in here? ....yeeepee :P

Hey roidan, am glad for you that everything is back to norm. Must have been hell of an experience to have such an event in your own living room. Was just as excited as you were last night and me wife was very thrilled by it too.

Also thanks to you that now she also want a similar setup as your clam tank! Cheers and really happy for you! :lol:

thanks bro....

really appreciate your kind words..hehe

did she get to see the spawning photos? the whole tank was MILKY at its peak sia..i think around 4am.... :blink:

maybe you can even put the clam tank outside the house under sunlight? thats the best light you can give to clams... :)

hey if you are my brother, then you better stop throwing these ideas to her ha if not i will only have a seehum tank. You Hai see lang! he he he

hehe...

but its great that you wife loves clams...then you can leave the clam buying to her and use your finance resources for other aspects of the system :)

how do you place your T5?

How many tubes?

Cos I wanna add T5 artinics to my 4ft too :P

mounted it on my hood bro...it is an open top hood...but i mounted it on the back wood....

only 1 tube used...54watts..meant for 4ft size....so i mount it leaving 1foot space on each end lor..hehe

good ah..me giving you new ideas liao..hehe :)

you "hiak" me spend more money only lol.

I also planned to use one tube but put at the rear of the tank but scared won't cover the whole tank.

Seems like worry gone. Need to go T5 hunting liao :P

Is yours DIY one?

Maybe I need to make a custom hood soon.

can lah...the actinic just for our own shiokness as well as before the MHs start their lighting schedule...to allow the corals to wake up slowly to the light..hehe

I used ATI tube and its parabolic reflector and waterproof endcaps

ballast i used Osram Quicktronic