Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

now orp at 280plus...dropping...i hooked back my ozoniser already...at first thought against it .....like wat barra said....let the gamettes meet by switching off the skimmer...

i dun think i can afford to do that..in fact...i have to use ozone already to increase oxygenation and break down the long protein DNA strands of the gamettes to be picked up easier by the skimmers...

sigh...quite kiam chai mia hor...  :lol:  :lol:

yeah...dunno why woke up at 4am plus..watch a bit of soccer and noticed the tank went to the milkiest stage....orp level was about 270 plus...lowest liao....

now i wake up....tank clearing up fast....lots of milkish semi-solid wasted collected in both skimmers...went to clean them up....and orp noted at 299 now :)

the anthias are out swimming for morning breakfast as usual...no break of routine for them....i will test water parameters later to see if all is well...

• SRC Member

yeah man....if water not clear still...i will change some water liao....

jia lat man......dun tell me must go put alarm clock to wake up later <_<

Rodian, is your clam tank 6ft? else you better do a water change of at least 20%. In a smaller closed system lss than 6ft or so, this event will cause a bigger spike in your Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate cycle. Result in another Algae boom. :blink::P

Big tanks should not be an issue, couple with over-skimming..........but water changes is still preferred.

Max

Rodian, is your clam tank 6ft? else you better do a water change of at least 20%. In a smaller closed system lss than 6ft or so, this event will cause a bigger spike in your Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate cycle. Result in another Algae boom. :blink:  :P

Big tanks should not be an issue, couple with over-skimming..........but water changes is still preferred.

Max

bro..my clam tank is plumbed together with my 6ft...both my clam tank and 6ft tank draw water from the same sump..in a way it's like a 8foot system already ....

will listen to your advice.....the first thing i remembered was how you told me water quality drops very fast when clam spawn...that's why i did not switch off the skimmer as bro barracuda suggested....

I think my whole system is about just a little around 200 gallons since its a 6x2x2 main tank and a 2x2x1 clam tank....

the aquaC ev240 rated up to 300 gallons and the H&S 150-F2001 rated up to 200odd gallons

together i have a skimming addup of 500 gallons...although we must reduce manufacturers claimed capacity..i think can just make it....

but i will test water for all parameters later....will post in here the results....

geeeee...bluddy h#ll.....make me so damn worried my fishes will not be out swimming and will be floating instead... :(

REMINDER ->>DON'T MOVE YOUR CLAM AROUND AFTER THEY SPAWN.......THE WILL DIED EASILY <_<<_<<_<

MAX

ok bro...roger that.....

you are the man....really heng that day when i was at your place you told me about clam spawning in the clam pond....

actually wanted to call you last night..but as you can see from the time, not very convenient lah..dun wanna disturb you...

so i just told myself wait for morning when help (you) arrives with the calvary (advice) :lol:

• SRC Member

Glad that everythign are well now......you can spare some time to go buy TOTO for today already....Clams spawn=> Heng mah....and also your new skimmer are just in-time for this event. :D

nice shots of clams spawning. :)

bro nutz..yeah....

heng got the new skimmer to handle...

just tested the water....results as below...phew..not as disastrous as i thought...

ok...here's the aftermath water quality

Sera Ammonia....din buy salifert one last time as i thought normally will not test for ammonia after cycling stage, so did not buy a high quality kit

post-34-1076553696.jpg