• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

u quarantine the bugger...??

hehe.. nice nice.

I got one flame liao, so won't get any angel..

sad to say my quarantine tanks have other stuff inside..and i dun want to risk this genna whack or something...so put in my clam tank and monitor lor....

but i saw it scraping its mouth on the walls of the glass..so i guess its pretty fine in there with no tangs terrorizing it..hehe

and..it's not angel bro.... :evil:

sad to say my quarantine tanks have other stuff inside..and i dun want to risk this genna whack or something...so put in my clam tank and monitor lor....

but i saw it scraping its mouth on the walls of the glass..so i guess its pretty fine in there with no tangs terrorizing it..hehe

and..it's not angel bro.... :evil:

pai sei.. refering to your PM..

Roidan, its such a beauty! read that it will shift to a darker orang/red base as it matures..

it will turn blackish green with whitish silver fine lines....

and the best part is that it will change and change ...as it grows...in stages..hehe

seems that it is the tang with the most drastic colour change from juvenile to adult

• SRC Member

For those who have 1 thousand and 1 questions about the chevron tang:

Chevron Tang - Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis

Also known as: Black Surgeonfish

The Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis grows up to 11 inches. The Chevron Tang prefers a tank of at least 100 gallons with plenty of places to hide & swim. The Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis is an herbivore and primarily feeds only on micro-algae, but will accept frozen algae based foods and sushi nori. The Chevron Tang is a medium/high maintenance fish and may act peacefully toward other fish. It may not get along with other Tangs, mainly due to it's shy nature . Reef-safe. Like all Ctenochaetus species this one changes color with age but the Chevron is the most striking juvenile of the genus. C. hawaiiensis young are extraordinary in overall appearance; bold, orange bodied, covered with variegated lines of electric blue. Adults shift to a deeper orange-red base covered with darkish blue uneven horizontal lines, ultimately changing to almost black. Keep water quality high (SG 1.020 - 1.025, pH 8.1 - 8.4, Temp. 72 - 78° F). The Chevron Tang is commonly collected from Christmas Islandcook, Hawaii.

• SRC Member

Roidan, planning to keep this chevron with a black tang? I believe , these 2 are the rarest tang around already? not to mention the most expensive too..

Out of curiosity, will the 2 fight or are they of different species and will get along?

Roidan, planning to keep this chevron with a black tang? I believe , this 2 are the rarest tang around already? not otmentioned the most expensive too..

Out of curiosity, will the 2 fight or are they of different species and will get along?

actually since this chevron will turn black..no point getting another black tang ..tat's what i think for now...unless i cant resist..LOL

actually all tangs will have the tendency to fight when first introduced...but it's really up to fate whether they do get along....but since its still small, i will keep it in my clam tank to monitor it and if no ich or mortality after some time, when i feel that it is strong enough to fend for itself in the main tank, then i transfer over...

the ich parasite very prevalent these days...and i think i want to safeguard my stuff in my system as much as i can..thus i went to buy this today....

The twists and turns ensure the water so not just go in and flow out fast like normal UV sterilizers..they have to spiral around the chamber..thuse more exposure time...

and i plan to intake water in the sump from the area where the overflow discharges water and then send the processed water just in front of the intake of my skimmer pump, i think this will enable the skimmer to skim out the dead parasites, algae and what not....

and since the water is not drawn from the refugium area....the microlife in there will still be sent to the main tank....isolated from the UV system....

post-34-1076148992.jpg