Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow.. how many liters of water will your system contain now after adding the clamtank?

Will you need to uprate your skimmer/CR?

not much lah...the clam tank is just a 2ft by 2ft base with 1 ft in height....

my skimmer can skim till 300gallons....

so...i think i havent even hit 200 gallons or maybe just slight over 200gallons by now...

• SRC Member

Hi,

Can I ask why you dun want to have the return pipe through a hole, something like either the red circle I draw in the pic?

This will hide all the piping, esp your clam tank is to view from top? :)

I'm thinking of doing such a return for a new tank, but dunno whether it is practical or no. thanks.

post-34-1073790982.jpg

actually can lah...but i dun know where exactly the final water level will be due to variations like the return pump and other factors...at least if i use this method..i can vary the length of pipe and joints to ensure not much water flow back in power outage.....i dun want to use a one way valve as it will take out alot of flow from the powerhead....

so if i use the method like u said, when power fails, quite alot of water will flow back into the sump which i do not want...at least with this overhead return method, abit unsightly, but at least i can vary the height of the return outlet to determine when the siphon break will occur....hehe

• SRC Member

here here....

these are what i call nice clams!!

i dun have so deep pockets like roidan..

only got DSB

wahahhaha

all the best roidan!!

no plans to put other LS inside this tank except clams?