Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

still around.....same thing...dun eat much veges...

but on the other hand , eating pellets already :rolleyes::blink::rolleyes:

why? coz i moved my professor X from the clam tank over and fed the black tang pellets...think the AT monkey see monkey do, and start pecking the pellets that fell over his section...

yeah...i seperated the tank into 2 with an eggcrate...hehe

if he is stable for a couple of more weeks, then i move him over to the main tank liao ;)

Hmm where is the helfrich

nowadays dun really see much of him, coz never stand around the tank for long periods of time....unlike last time...u can tell from the slowdown of my photos posting...now busy...

but i saw him 2 days ago behind the rocks...jutting out to take bites of cyclopeeze and then hide behind again...lol....

wat an elusive beauty...

anyway, saw some small white spots on my AT this afternoon...but now as i come home...he is rather black....i think he is still fighting some ich... <_<

post-34-1081866973.jpg

brother nice AT.  Is this the second one or the same one you have?

the one you saw was taken away during chinese new year by someone as present <_<:lol::D

that was the 2nd one...so this one is the 3rd one....sigh...hehe

1st one was in the 4footer....died coz of the ich outbreak....

2nd one was the small cute survivor you saw but i gave away ...not a big loss as i did not really like the defective looking orange teardrop....

so i waited and waited....

this is the 3rd one...with an orange teardrop that i like :)

Yo Roidan,

Good to know your AT's fine.

Mine is eating well with nori and brine shrimp. He got bullied by my small Powder Blue Tang but he's now turning the tables by chasing it back. So far, its been a week... he still has ich at night but my cleaner wrasse's taking good care of it. ;)

The two white scratches have already disappeared and he's a nice jet black now.

I can't get over how big his orange spot is! :)

I'm confident my AT is going to be a keeper...! :yeah:

*touch wood*

yo boss,

glad our ATs haven't fall out yet.....

yeah..i see spots of ich on my AT at times...but sometimes it disappears....

yeah..this batch of ATs have sizeable orange dots...except for 1 piece tat has a small dot..hehe

yours, mine and dispar's ATs all have nice orange teardrops...

finally boss, the missing piece of your sps paradise is complete....congrats :D

I can imagine people breeding ATs in the future..imagine whereby they are selected for their orange color...soon you'll be able to see 90% orange ATs? It's been done already for frogs...don't see why not ATs in the future.. ;)

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Just 24hrs difference from yesterday and I can tell that my AT is now the new King of the Tank!

My little bully PBT is now 2nd in command and can only bully the Foxface! My Sailfin is contented to be Queen. :lol:

My AT is constantly out and about and is fearless of the PBT and me. I'm feeding him as much as I can now with Nori! :)

He's beautiful!! Too bad I dun have a digicam with me now!

• SRC Member

i think it's all depend on your tang...

how they react and how they last time use to having other tang around...

my 3 tang in my tank up to now very peaceful and happy...

and that 2 pig power blue and brown eating none stop everyday happy eating the sea weed i put in...

I just let them slug them out.

The PBT is small, the AT's much larger. The odds are in the AT's favour.

He's eating like a pig now... and I'm sure he's going to overcome his ich in no time. ;)

AT

that's great boss...i can see the wide smile on your face whenever you look at your AT...haha

i am thinking of mirrors or big betta boxes to let him have a smoother transition into the main tank once i decide to do so...hehe

slug it out ah...hmmm....ok...hehe

i will be trying the nori soon as well...hope mine as greedy as yours with regards to nori...

mine now seems to love the formula2 green pellets....when i feed him, reminds me of feeding a luohan :lol:

if he is still around in a week's time, i will transfer him to the main tank....

anyway, those nori you clip them hor...coz last time i find them floating around terribly if unclipped ....

*fingers crossed* :)

I shred my nori to tiny bite size pieces so everyone, including my firefish and anthias can swallow them with no problems.

My PBT and AT both demand for bite-size nori bits too... spoilt brats! :lol: Only my Sailfin Tang doesn't mind chewing a long strand of nori for a few seconds.

ah.....

now i know why i threw away the whole large round packet of nori last time when i was unsuccessful feeding them to my tangs....coz after a couple of pulls of the long nori, they gave up...

those long pieces indeed have a plastic and elastic kind of texture and consistency....no wonder nori did not catch on with my tangs...

ok...will shred them with a food shredder to bits before trying again soon....thanks AT :bow: