Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

aiyo..i think sohal scared of yellow tang and sailfin ah....

when sohal came into the tank..yellow tang chase him...cut him...slice him...dice him...can even see slash marks on the sohal....so psychologically, the sohal even up to now dare not offend the yellow tang...

although he has since recovered and even put on weight for some time...but these few days been slimming down very fast...dunno why..maybe fallen ill :huh:

sailfin just concerned with eating rather than the politics of the tangs... :lol:

when sohal came into the tank..yellow tang chase him...cut him...slice him...dice him...can even see slash marks on the sohal....so psychologically, the sohal even up to now dare not offend the yellow tang...

although he has since recovered and even put on weight for some time...but these few days been slimming down very fast...dunno why..maybe fallen ill :huh:

sailfin just concerned with eating rather than the politics of the tangs... :lol:

hi bor roidan! What supplements u use for tank n hard coral?

because i buy any hard coral also die! :(

and i think for a reasonable size tank....especially when the water has been changed regularly, there shouldn't be any problems whereby you have to find yourself adding supplements...

in fact, make sure the basic parameters are attained and constant....things should go well....

• SRC Member

for adult clams ...just keep calcium and dkh levels at appropriate levels....and give them good light....

for small clams..around 2inch and less...they need phytoplankton feeding to grow...

roger

btw any brands of these supplements to intro

er..to let u in on a little bit of secret..has been a long time since i change water..or did i change water? ooops..i forgot :blink::P

wah liu..

your got your maid to change for u sibo..?

haha.. :lol:

I change at least twice a month.. got time, once a week.

10-20%..

Hmmm...actually frequent changing of water will mean that you frequently need to readjust your kH levels. I find that if my tank I change 2 coralife bucket full of water..the alkalinity will drop from 10+ to around 9. Then I have to dose my reef builder again..... So actually if you change water often...it will be expensive...not just the salt. :unsure:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Sounds like yellow tang should be on the watch list. May be should not introduce yellow tang until all other tangs are introduced due to their aggressiveness.

Agree?

• SRC Member
er..to let u in on a little bit of secret..has been a long time since i change water..or did i change water? ooops..i forgot :blink::P

Roidan,

Understand you use coralife salt. How do you find it? Does it work well for you? Have you tried other salt and what is your comment?

Thanks,

Patrick