Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

Holy smokes!!  Stunningly beautiful! :)

And all that feeding... which explains all the "crap" in your skimmer! :lol:

And yes, of course I remember our first meeting several months ago, the SCWD.

Good to see that you and your reef are doing well!

yeah....i am pushing the 2 skimmers to their limits...lol...perhaps overworking them already :lol:

thanks bro....you are still my inspiration whenever i think of nano tanks :bow:

post-34-1079590086.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one of the best thread on this forum but I really don't like page 178.  :rolleyes:

thanks bro...

but for watever good things, you gotta accept the ugly side of it :lol:

i think pg 178 just shows the *-* part of any reef system, hidden in the sump/back room whereas the *+* is always everyone's main tanks for open viewing... :)

Is this guy the only surviving one left?

My small broken tail sunburst has disappeared for a long time..only left the big showy one from SL

very soon...your house going to look like those families with many luohan tanks :lol::lol::lol::lol:

hehehe...

will do a rescape soon..moving the bigger clams in the clam tank to the main tank...

as for the black tang tank....still a thought....anyway they dun come in often and may not be what i like....so...probably it wun be realised in the near future :)

• SRC Member

Roidan,

First of all, I would like to say that you really have a very beautiful tank that a lot of us can only dream of. Congratulations on the success.

As for the picture you posted on the twin-beckett skimmer, can you share more info about it? E.g. What is the dimension for this skimmer? What is the brand and flowrate? How much does it cost? Where can you order it?

Is it really that much better than the AquaC and H&S you currently having?

Thanks,

Patrick

Roidan,

First of all, I would like to say that you really have a very beautiful tank that a lot of us can only dream of. Congratulations on the success.

As for the picture you posted on the twin-beckett skimmer, can you share more info about it? E.g. What is the dimension for this skimmer? What is the brand and flowrate? How much does it cost? Where can you order it?

Is it really that much better than the AquaC and H&S you currently having?

Thanks,

Patrick

Thanks patrick...

it's a HSA dual beckett skimmer, each beckett having its own tower...

flowrate? dependent on the pump you use to drive it....

cost ah..if get the real one, should be around USD$ 995.00 means if you ship it over...should exceed SGD2K

45" (height) x 9" x 21½" for 200 - 2000 gallons..recommended pumps 5MD, 55RLT, 70RLT, 100RLT

but probably get someone to do something with dual beckett, dual tower but some differeneces here and there...

Better in the sense, it can skim a higher volume since its 2 towers and i can make each tower higher than any of the skimmers i am using now.....technology wise, should not lose to the aquaC/H&S....at worse on par....

i am already skimming MUD from the other 2....beckett probably can skim CONCRETE? :lol:

i am already skimming MUD from the other 2....beckett probably can skim CONCRETE? 

Are you really going to make it super difficult to clean the collection cup? heheheh. Seems like now mine also skimming MUD cos was cleaning it last night and had to use water to spray it out, end up came out pieces by pieces.

No choice use tissue paper to wipe. You sure no smell? Smell worst than the rubbish dump. Really terrible.

I added in a bit of water (2mm) in the collection cup now so hopefully it will help dilute the skimmate a bit and make it easier to clean.

make it a giant cup as well lor... :lol:

steady leh...you also can tune to wet wet and MUD MUD like me as and when you want...hehehe

sorry...i never use tissue...they only deserve toilet paper :lol:

so tomorrow, you can follow me and use toilet paper :lol:

dun waste tissue...hehe..i already feel so guilty using so much toilet paper to wipe them off....let alone using tissue...every few days use finish one big box liao ..

maybe should start getting those industrial roll size :lol:

maybe i subconsciously held my breath...besides...you dun stick your face to the cup to clean right? hehehe

i take out....wipe with toilet paper and throw...then go bathroom to wash...maybe most of it i wiped it away in the open already....so never smell in the bathroom..hehe

I also use toilet paper, but aren't toilet paper some sort of tissue paper too?

For foam tower I had to use my hands to wipe, for collection cup I just bring to toilet and spray with water, it will come out one but you just need to spray it harder : Wow then you see one piece one piece drop out like that.

My skimmate drain tubing inside also thick thick mud, took a while to remove them too.