Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

normally I just put in toilet then use water flush everything out, dare not even dare to use tissue to wipe :P

bro,

mine can't be flushed out....i need to wipe most of the MUD out.... :lol: they have become mud paste

only some mud water trickles out of the aquaC cup....

but the H&S i make it skim wetter, so most of it can be just poured away :)

that's the only problem when you set it too dry.

When I go away for long trip I will set it more dry other wise I prefer it to be slightly wetter so less "toxic" when I wash it.

Have you try to smell the skimmate? Really can puke man.

I still need the waste collection cup so I can add carbon and no need to bear with the terrible smell coming out of the skimmer.

I think cos mine is open stand so the smell comes out more easily.

• SRC Member

Roidan... excellent stuff bro! Sure looks like s**t... probably smell like it too! ;) Must be due to all the feeding... several times a day, right? How is your school of queen anthias doing?

i set AquaC to dry and H&S to wet.....so can have both patterns of skimmate :lol:

never smell hard enough..lol....always never take deep breaths when cleaning them...

mine in the hall with open cabinet doors most of the time...but like you said, you close all the windows/doors so the smell get trapped....

but watever smell get wisked away by the breeze as the windows/doors are not closed :)

Roidan... excellent stuff bro!  Sure looks like s**t... probably smell like it too! ;)  Must be due to all the feeding... several times a day, right?  How is your school of queen anthias doing?

hi bro..

long time since heard/saw you at carrefour long time back when i met you for something....still remember the frenly you..hehe

yeah....minimum 3 times a day...maximum 5 times a day....each time, the feeding portion is about 6-8 cubes of hikari frozen food and some cyclopeeze :lol:

is that heavy feeding or wat :evil:

they are doing pretty fine bro...let me take a pic of them for you now....give me a couple of minutes :lol:

• SRC Member

Holy smokes!! Stunningly beautiful! :)

And all that feeding... which explains all the "crap" in your skimmer! :lol:

And yes, of course I remember our first meeting several months ago, the SCWD.

Good to see that you and your reef are doing well!