Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

When u 1 2 invite us to yr hse?

hehe...

hmm..must go see the chinese almanac and choose an auspicious date...hehehe

must wait lah....a few months not stable yet....especially a few months of keeping queens doesn't mean success yet....must wait till stable then can invite you over to see a stable system :)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wah lau.cannot wait, such a beautiful tank :D

beautiful now only mah.....

wait scarly the hair/string algae really take over...then i get a algae forest liao....hahaha..

or use the hair/string algae to make those little toys with purple hair lookalike..but now with green hair..hahaha...wait...i think the name is TROY..haha

must wait must wait......after all, by the time you visit the nicer tanks in here one by one , my one can come and see next year liao :lol:

• SRC Member

Roidan, you know why you skim out so much black suff out of your tank.....cauz your tank overload with fishes :P Make sure you are cleaning your skimmer every other day to improve efficiency.................else Sept 11 might happen at SengKang :D

Max

Roidan, you know why you skim out so much black suff out of your tank.....cauz your tank overload with fishes :P  Make sure you are cleaning your skimmer every other day to improve efficiency.................else Sept 11 might happen at SengKang :D

Max

yeah lor...tat's what i have been doing...happily cleaning away...lol..

din even want to let my foreign talent have the *pleasure* of doing it..hehee

heng me din really caught the sps bug big time..otherwise all these things cannot do liao...cannot have alot of fish...cannot overfeed....cannot this cannot that...sigh..

lolz.. then me the one going to drvie the plane.. and make 911 happen again at sengkang..

hehehe..bro...wah..u so bad ah...wanna be part of the terrorist movement ah...haha

make up your mind leh..u want to drive a bomb laden car or you want to pilot/hijack a jumbo jet to crash? hehehe

dun tell me both..wait i :cry2: .hehe

:lol::off:

roidan,

you no good lah. No help me buy ARMs media. Can make a turn to my house when u free mah. Now I have to haul that heavy @#$&* bag back from PR :(

bro, you say you still waiting mah.....hehehe

never mind lah..i share half half with you first lor...when you buy another bag...then pass half back to me ...

can lah..we stay quite near....any supplies can lend each other first :lol:

• SRC Member

told you 1/2 1/2 cannot lah.. we each need more than 1/2 bag.. Somemore need refill every few mths....

Looks like I have to go down and swing it up a taxi boot liao :P

ID of the stringy algae....some really rare name...

http://www.algaebase.org/SpeciesDetail.lasso?-KeyValue=39610

i believe it is this one.....unless i ID wrong again...hehe

but bro maxima also told me that it's not hair algae....

one thing i noticed this algae is tat it likes to clump togehter with my sea lettuce and gracilia.....but it never turn asexual before and did not see traces of it in my main tank before...

but watever the case, still good to clean up the refugium once in a while :)

Origin of species name

Adjective (Latin), having tufts of long weak hairs (Stearn 1973).

Common names used in commerce, often for edible algae

hige-ao-nori {Jap}

wah...maybe they migrate to main tank i also dunno...the tangs keep pecking at rocks also..maybe eating these...but either way....this is edible algae according to the site :blink:

but no way i am going to try :lol:

post-34-1077011727.jpg

Hmmm... doesn't look like the dreaded green hair algae.

That one feels and looks like baby hair... it's extremely fine.

This one looks thicker than GHA but thinner than Chaetomorpha.

What's the growth rate like? Do you see it turn asexual?

Hmmm... doesn't look like the dreaded green hair algae.

That one feels and looks like baby hair... it's extremely fine.

This one looks thicker than GHA but thinner than Chaetomorpha.

What's the growth rate like? Do you see it turn asexual?

yeah..which was what i mentioned...doesnt look like those dreaded hair algae in the net...but well, it does look like strands of a lady's hair with terrible split ends and unwanted curls..hehee

you are right bro AT, much thicker than the mossy hair algae but thinner than the chaeto...in a way, it looks more like thick human hair than the hair algae in the net....

growth rate? wow..i think can fight with chaeto liao....when my 150W MH comes...i think they will grow in clumps and strands again....

nope...never turn white...never turn gray..always the same bright green....in fact...after the mass cleanup, i realised my phosphate levels went up abit....i think coz the algae mass already decimated by my foreign talent...abit regret now to throw so much away...lol..

but meanwhile bought the biophos2 to hold back phosphate till my refugium go back to top form again :)

yeah man..do help bro weileong...

as for me...i always like to buy more and keep spare...thats why i need a mass cleanup of my storeroom soon.....

an example, i bought an eheim 1250 to feed my H&S and then come home realise i could have used the same existing 1250 feeding my UV sterilizer and then feed into the skimmer...lol.....

no wonder i really need my gf in my life...i sux totally at finances...i'll gladly let her hold all the purse-strings next time....lol

Wait a minute, from your pic i think you bought some purple anthias together with your purple queen.... Purple anthias aka pseudanthias pascalus looks very alike to purple queen aka pseudanthias tuka having almost the same bodu feature. Think the only difference is that pascalus anthias lower jaw is whitish and purple queen's lower jaw area is abit more yellowish and more pointed. Not very clear from pic, but i am rather sure you got some pascalus. But no worry, both are equally hard to feed :lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah man....now even bartlett join in, princess anthias join, dispar...aiya..mass congregation...

and i lost half my refugium and resulting in my phosphates rising....sigh..

must balance feeding and letting the refugium get back to peak export rate again....sigh...ahhhhh :lol:

wah..but you are really the authority in anthias bro...salute :bow:

yeah man....now even bartlett join in, princess anthias join, dispar...aiya..mass congregation...

and i lost half my refugium and resulting in my phosphates rising....sigh..

must balance feeding and letting the refugium get back to peak export rate again....sigh...ahhhhh :lol:

wah..but you are really the authority in anthias bro...salute :bow:

Authority???? what you mean BTW nice tank you have