Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• SRC Member

Roidan/Weileong, ever think of using the MD55 pressure rated pump to power the ev240? at 1100++GPH, i am sure the ev240 will perform magnificently... but i guess you have to open the gate valve fully and dial down the air valve to prevent flooding.

What say you guys?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow so fast skim so much already?

Where did you set the water level?

How much did you close the gate valve?

If gate valve fully open, where is the water level?

How much is the pump?

How big is the pump?

Sorry hor ask too much question.

the water level i din even know i set where...definitely below the foam tower..as u can see...cant even see water line..only bubble and more bubble...

one thing i heard louder ###### sound from the air valve...meaning higher flow...

when the gate valve fully open...it was like our pictures last night....i just have to close a little bit and start to climb up like no tomorrow liao :lol:

the pump about eheim 1262 width..but length about 1.5 times longer....

how much ah..about 200plus..hehe

but 90w only...steady...lol

• SRC Member

Pls refer to hightlighted area. My H&S is giving out super bubbles in that area

post-34-1076669868.jpg

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

Friend,

I can see the bubbles are not fine enough.re u closing up the ait tube?

the bubble chamber of the H&S....should have taken it at the other angle...really can see milky solution...meaning the bubbles very fine...

dun compare with the AquaC lor...aquaC does thing the big bubbles way...hehe

post-34-1076670079.jpg

• SRC Member

I would suggest that u open the air tube fully and see how. Wat pump model is that?aquabee ?

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

Aquatronica controller

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

Roidan/Weileong, ever think of using the MD55 pressure rated pump to power the ev240? at 1100++GPH, i am sure the ev240 will perform magnificently... but i guess you have to open the gate valve fully and dial down the air valve to prevent flooding.

What say you guys?

That is one of my option at this moment. Will Tee the excess flow to maybe act as return to my 2ft cube SH tank.

Bro Roidan, can this pump be use externally? Hmm... at this probably probably more worth to get the MD55. See how lar.

• SRC Member

I thought H&S comes with it recommended pump suh as aquabee. I'm using the 2000L model

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

Aquatronica controller

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

I thought H&S comes with it recommended pump suh as aquabee. I'm using the 2000L model

the insump models use only 1 pump to do 2 purpose...to house the needlewheel impeller as well as draw water into the skimmer..

the outsump needs 2 pumps...the aquabee is provided with the skimmer..but u need another pump to feed this outsump skimmer....so i am using eheim 1250 lor..hehe..

maybe thats why can't get your superfine bubbles at the middle stage :)

never mind lah...as long skims out good stuff..dun care superfine bubbles where lah..hehehe :)

mine is 150-F2001 :)

• SRC Member

OIC. mine is constantly fine until reaching the bottom of the collection cup

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

Aquatronica controller

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

That is one of my option at this moment. Will Tee the excess flow to maybe act as return to my 2ft cube SH tank.

Bro Roidan, can this pump be use externally? Hmm... at this probably probably more worth to get the MD55. See how lar.

yeah..can use externally also.... :)

i going out soon..see you guys later in the night

I scared too high flow later too much foam flood the collection cup. The user manual warned to install ball valve to reduce flow if the pump too powerful.

After seeing Rodian's new pump with the EV-240, I've to upgrade my pump liao. Tomorrow go pump hunting. Going broke again.

Tell me where you bought your pump before you go out!!!

That is another solution but won't it be wasting power to reduce the bubbling by cutting down the air?

The extra flow surely I can put to better use like return to my 2ft cube SH tank. Then I might be able to cut down on an extra pump.

I'll see how it goes heheh. I am sure the MD55 will be more than sufficient to drive the EV-240. Just regret never buy another unit during the bulk order.

Anyone knows where else I can buy one?