Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

hmm... your tap water reading close to mine. Actually I verify the ORP meter by using some standard solution and the reading is correct. 250-275mv reads abt 260mv.

So my tank ORP is about 150mv which is pretty low. Will need to monitor.

Car got some problem and back in Honda so I am grounded :P else supposed to go buy salifert Mg testkit.

yeah...

but mv fluctuates with ph level changes also....so if you want to monitor your orp..make sure you make comparisons at the same ph level....

:)

wah..u surfing from honda's showroom/service section ah....shiok....

at least better than reading magazines, newspapers or keep looking at tv screens looping the same car financial advertisements..hehe

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes there is a relation between the pH and ORP. However they are not the same.

The pH meter actually reads the pH electrode in mV and then convert into pH value according to the calibration. However the probe used for pH and ORP are different.

My office is walking distance from Honda showroom so I am back in the office :P The service pple there not too friendly one.

yes there is a relation between the pH and ORP. However they are not the same.

The pH meter actually reads the pH electrode in mV and then convert into pH value according to the calibration. However the probe used for pH and ORP are different.

My office is walking distance from Honda showroom so I am back in the office :P The service pple there not too friendly one.

yeah...they are inversely related if i am not wrong...ph goes up..orp tends to go down....and vice versa...thats why if can maintan the ph at the same level..makes observation easier...

but orp is not an essential or conclusive thing to gauge tank condition lah...if your corals and fishes are doing fine...then keep up the good work without it...

i am just a bo liao person :lol: seems like bro weileong has joined me for company...hehehe

bro weileong ah...any idea where to get good PH controllers? i ask around for burkett ph controller system...wah liew...thousands...i think really for industrial use...i shall not pursue further on this kinda industrial brands....lol

hmm...not frenly ah....you always bring your car ask them to fiddle this fiddle that issit? hehe

u have the luxury of being so near...any little problem can go and see them everyday if u want....others maybe dun mind living with some small problems or at most wait till problems gather or compound before making a trip down..hehe

The dennerle pH controller that I am using is quite good, got mine around $450 3yrs ago. Maybe Taiwanese brands a bit cheaper like $300+ to $400. Mine still running strong.

Don't go for industrial one, too $$$.

They give very good service. I dropped my unit and lost one of the calibration button. I wrote to them and they promptly send me one for replacement FOC. It's nothing great but I felt their response was super fast and service is great. They did tell me aquatechnics is the local distributor but they service me directly in this case.

I borrow the ORP meter from my office just to see how's the ORP in my tank so no lost on my side :P

As to the car hor, I just bring back to them for servicing when the timing is up, don't anyhow go back complain abt this and that, even some slight funny noise from the door panel I also never go back complain unlike my other friends so how can they think I always go back pick on this and that?

The engine now misfiring on low RPM, I scared later engine blow up so I send back for them to check and got very unfriendly from them, told me if I wanna "do" it will take "dunno how many days' wow piang, under warranty they treat you like this? might as well buy from PI and save some $$$ plus no need to send a few hundreds on servicing everytime.

The dennerle pH controller that I am using is quite good, got mine around $450 3yrs ago. Maybe Taiwanese brands a bit cheaper like $300+ to $400. Mine still running strong.

Don't go for industrial one, too $$$.

They give very good service. I dropped my unit and lost one of the calibration button. I wrote to them and they promptly send me one for replacement FOC. It's nothing great but I felt their response was super fast and service is great. They did tell me aquatechnics is the local distributor but they service me directly in this case.

I borrow the ORP meter from my office just to see how's the ORP in my tank so no lost on my side :P

As to the car hor, I just bring back to them for servicing when the timing is up, don't anyhow go back complain abt this and that, even some slight funny noise from the door panel I also never go back complain unlike my other friends so how can they think I always go back pick on this and that?

The engine now misfiring on low RPM, I scared later engine blow up so I send back for them to check and got very unfriendly from them, told me if I wanna "do" it will take "dunno how many days' wow piang, under warranty they treat you like this? might as well buy from PI and save some $$$ plus no need to send a few hundreds on servicing everytime.

yeah ..dennerle is good....

i saw azoo ones about $300 in the net...but dunno good or not..lol..dun have confidence lor..

hmmm..i always see dennerle vans park halfway up T95...why ah... :unsure:

wah...use your office one ah...good good..but how old is the probe or the whole set? maybe u go get another probe from your office to check your tank again..maybe can see difference this time..

hehe..ok...

u are a good honda customer...hehehe

ok lah..let's not digress further from fishy topics..hehe one of the few cardinal rules :)

The probe is quite new one. One think is check with standard solution give correct reading. When you open house your tank for me? I bring to your house and double confirm with your ORP meter together :P

steady...lol...

lend me best...but er...lazy to clean the algae for showroom condition leh...LOL

you are at ubi right? i later around 5plus going to joo seng road area...i take from you? hahaha...

i offer you my IC as collateral in case you scared i run away with it...lol

kidding lah...office equipment cannot anyhow lend i understand..hehe :)

cheers bro..hehee

whooohoooo

twin towers replaced by twin dynamos!!!!!

Aqua C team up with H&S...bo bay chao!!!

yeah.....imagine the aquaC being churned by my 4750litre/hour pump...non pressure rated of coz...

and this one recommended for 1000l/hr pump by SL, really can see the difference in approach to skimming ....like the paragraph i posted earlier...different schools of thought....

bro deepblue...yeah....no wonder you posted that you liked it after collecting for your friend...

the bulk order really worth it :)

yup...mine only 400L smaller version, already damn impressed...cant imagine the 850L ones.... :whistle

can skim out a lot of stuffs :lol: