roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey bro roidan...

saw some of your pics with the lps touching each other...

like the bubble and frog spawn i think...

its alright fot lps to touch?

i thought they sting each other?

just wondering...

thanks! :lol:

actually those shots some are abit camera angles problem...like actors who kiss but never really touch each other....there is some space between most of the lps..

but yes...some are touching each other...especially the 3 bubbles on the slope...but i dun see any sting marks..maybe the same kinda corals can tolerate each other..hehe

if uv can cause such a drop..thn u can forget about using ozone...hehe :evil:

yeah lor...my ozone lying around...but i may now take it out to use to make sure i get a double prong prevention...afterall....the outlet of the UV goes near the pump of my skimmer and if i plug in my ozonizer in the skimmer as well...wow....

even half dead parasites also die..hehehe

and also help push up the orp that the ozone pushed down... :evil:

cleaned the skimmer today...really solid and semi hard wastes in the cup and foam chamber....eeee...my hands were stained for a while while wiping the foam chamber with toilet paper...

not long after, it starts foaming *washing machine foam* again... :lol:

I think tat AquaC is using high volume flow processing to skim...meaning, more water processed per unit time....

compared to low volume flow processing skimmers....like those needlewheel skimmers which are more wastes processed per unit water....

each have their own advantage :)

hehe

post-34-1076250414.jpg

no wonder you getting H&S to compliment it... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

yeah...hehe...the article from www.proteinskimmer.com ...aquaC's website of coz..but this para is quite objective and logical...

"Some have reported that high flow-thru rates (several hundred gallons per hour) yield the best results. Others argue that a slow, leisurely flow-thru rate facilitates the best skimming. Most likely, both schools of thought are correct in their own way. The actual chemistry behind the mechanism of protein skimming tells us that, in order to remove the maximum amount of waste possible per bubble, we want a very, very slow flow-thru rate. This makes perfect sense… If the flow-thru rate is slow, each individual air bubble can react with the water for a longer period of time. Air bubbles, after all, don't become saturated with proteins immediately. Research suggests, in fact, that they continue to become coated with organic compounds for up to 12 minutes (Harker).

The problem, and this is why the "high flow-thru rate" school of thought is also partially correct, is that aquariums are closed systems which need to be "cleaned" at an efficient rate of speed. Imagine holding a vacuum cleaner over the same section of carpet for ten straight years. Sure, that little square of shag might be extremely clean once you are done, but what about the rest of the house?? Our goal is not to maximize the amount of protein removed per bubble, but to maximize the amount of protein removed per unit time. An efficient protein skimmer, then, is one which removes the largest amount of waste in the shortest time possible. High flow thru-rates are beneficial because they allow large amounts of the aquarium water to be processed rapidly. Although less protein is removed per bubble (because the air and water are not being allowed to react for very long), it is possible to treat the entire tank volume in a short amount of time. There is probably a middle ground which yields the best results. It is important to note that both high and low flow-thru rates can and have been used effectively, and neither method is definitely better than the other."

bro deepblue suggested using ruler to scrape off and vinegar....

but the seams where the front grill cap supposed to twist off is stuck....really stuck...i tried twisting in water...to no avail :(

think must take out the whole unit ah....very ley chey leh....

can use penknife cut along the seams? and then twist the front cap off? wun work hor? :unsure:

go for the 2nd advice I suggested....sell off at 1/4 price to me :evil::evil::evil::evil:

hehe...u ah..u think i run salvation army ah bro..hehehe

coz recently joep asked if anyone wanna change 6060 with his 6080...so i told him i dun mind and top him up some difference lor...

so i wanted to clean it lor...then realise so difficult to remove liao :(

use those plastic rulers and try scraping lah...they will probably come off ;)

There are some detergent that are veri, but after cleaning effect..dun know, so try not to use those cleaning detergent :lol: