roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
yeah...the best is have a few kinds ...so that all wun crash at the same time if it happens...hehehe

no prob bro sjsheng :)

Bro Roidan,

I have got through nearly one third of your thread and very impressed with the pictures and the speed you set up the tank and running with all the high tech equipment. When I go down to sSingapore from KL, I will be very interested to look at your tank.

As a reef enthusiast myself, I noticed you are keeping some very challenging corals and fishes, namely, gorganians, sea fans, tubrestra, turtle weed/sea grass to name a few and anthias. I have also noticed a sea horse in the old 4 ft reef tank (currents may be too strong for the SH). Please keep us posted on their survivalibility as I know some of them will perished in weeks if not months as I would like to successfully keep them as well. Your current tank is a far cry from your old 2 ft tank, the currentone looks very impressive.

BTW, I am a new member and have a 42"*24*24 with miracle mud refugium and an Aqua-C Remora skimmer operated at half pace. All corals experienced max expansion and fishes colour radiant. Got them set up a year ago.

Hi bro marineman,

glad you made it through 1/3 of the thread....now there's 2/3 still waiting for your eyes to plough through...hehe ;)

High tech equipment? I think u are praising the wrong person here, there are quite a number of reefers here with higher end equipment...just that i am pretty trigger-happy when it comes to using my digicam :lol:

Er, when you come down to Singapore? Sure, but let me know beforehand....have to scrub my glass of weeds, coraline algae and even tiny calcerous worms before the big day :lol:

Oh yeah, then probably when i drive up to Genting, I can stop by your place also to see yours....a great cultural exchange...reminds me of the social weekend both Sporean and Msian PMs had yesterday... :)

Yeah, a few are pretty challenging, seafan, the big red one, i recently decommisioned it from my tank as one branch is persistently being stuck with some algae then i cant get rid off, as for the gorgonians, they have been pretty resistant to this phenomenon and no traces of pest weeds on them...

turtle weeds, i have only managed to keep them for months before they turn white, i really not sure why, as for the other macroalgae, have been pretty successful so far :)

Seahorse, yeah...they have great problems with the high currents, but i am thinking of keeping pipefishes and seahorses in my clam tank now...no tunze streams in there....

but seahorses need something to latch their tails, which i dun want them to use the clams as anchors...so maybe just pipefishes...

anyway, great to see you in this forum, besides my tank, you should seriously ask our forum founder Achilles Tang to show you his tank when you are here as well as recommend other show-worthy tanks..

Mine not up to that standard yet....but i definitely welcome you guys from across the causeway :D

• SRC Member

just remove my coral chip from my tank... replace with grade #0 sand. half day gone... use back 50% of my main tank water... and small patch of grade #0 sand. hope this will speed up the cycle.

anyway any bro here know is there any skimmer that work well without sump.

i will be looking on a hang on skimmer...

any idea?

for a 2ft tank...