Nano Reef inspired from www.nano-reef.com

TayHongSiang

• SRC Member

thank you fellow reefers for your positive comments.

ya..i must agree mine look fishless bcoz there r only 2 fishes! haha...a dotty back and a yellow tail blenny is wat i got in there.

i usually feed my elegance with small pieces of fish meat.

as for the top part..hmm...still thinking...

l7304smr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I think I need to start feeding mine... not opening up as pui as before...

It's advisable to feed at least once a week with some meaty food for long-term success of these creatures.

They can tolerate high nutrients and temp as elegance are normally found in lagoons where the temp can go up to 31 in the afternoons.

l7304smr.jpg

Nice tentacles...dun you feel like stroking it..haha

very nice elegance Siang.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
wha.. seems like u caught the elegance virus liao.. haha

indeed...wahahaha! it all started drooling at lemon's tank...saw his elegance on his thread.

then last month, got the pink tip at seaflife after much hesitation and ever since, i fell in love with elegance.

l7304smr.jpg

indeed...wahahaha! it all started drooling at lemon's tank...saw his elegance on his thread.

then last month, got the pink tip at seaflife after much hesitation and ever since, i fell in love with elegance.

Think I still saw 1 there yesterday.. too big for my tank :(

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

GO still have a few small ones...purple tips and quite unique. (3 red notes)

wah... you guys are really bad influence!

• SRC Member

Hey Reefers having problem using epoxy to stick your corals?

I have found the perfect solution!!!

Selley's EPOXY!!! only $5.75 at NTUC...as compared to $16 for D&D epoxy that do not really hold yr corals!!!

I got it yesterday at NTUC and have used it on my blastos....wonderful product! cheap and highly effective and does not pollute yr water....no milky trace at all.

Stick yr corals on yr live rocks within seconds.

post-15124-1257296550.jpg

l7304smr.jpg

Hey Reefers having problem using epoxy to stick your corals?

I have found the perfect solution!!!

Selley's EPOXY!!! only $5.75 at NTUC...as compared to $16 for D&D epoxy that do not really hold yr corals!!!

I got it yesterday at NTUC and have used it on my blastos....wonderful product! cheap and highly effective and does not pollute yr water....no milky trace at all.

Stick yr corals on yr live rocks within seconds.

question from a nooby who has never gel corals/ rocks before.

1) How do you do this? leave the rocks in the tank and use your fingers to apply the gel or do you need to take the rocks out of the tank.

2) If you need to remove the rocks from the tank, do you need to wait for the epoxy to dry 1st?

Sorry for the silly questions and thanks for sharing Siang.

• SRC Member
question from a nooby who has never gel corals/ rocks before.

1) How do you do this? leave the rocks in the tank and use your fingers to apply the gel or do you need to take the rocks out of the tank.

2) If you need to remove the rocks from the tank, do you need to wait for the epoxy to dry 1st?

Sorry for the silly questions and thanks for sharing Siang.

No problem..love to help you on this as i have been sick of using those sold at LFS that do not work and just wasted $16 on one last week.

What you do first is to use a pen knife to cut away a small portion of the epoxy (size of a 10 cent or 20 cent coin depending on how big is yr coral). Then you use yr hands to roll it up like a ball.

Next you take yr coral from the tank and use a cloth to dry the rock beneath. Then place the epoxy that u have rolled up on the rock beneath..make sure it sticks. If you kiasu and its yr first time, probably roll a bigger ball to ensure it secures yr coral.

Then decide where u want to stick on yr live rock and hold yr coral there for about 10 -20 sec. Apply some pressure but not too much otherwise, u will disintegrate yr coral.

One more thing, make sure yr hands are dry when u r rolling the epoxy and while doing that, u shd feel it is sticky and there is some smell, but its ok.

And thats it!

l7304smr.jpg