Firestarter's 2ft Standard tank

Firestarter

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Well, after a series of trial and error, managed to get the tank under control. Sorry no more pics of the disaster because I was too busy trying to prevent any floods, so no hands to take pics.

After it got under control, next step is to tweak the skimmer. The air intake tube is kinda noisy, so I used an old trick I did before: Just place a air valve on it. Noise = Gone, Bubbles = Not affected.

post-13947-1229502697.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Had to take out the skimmer again and tape the joints with white tape after I spotted one joint had a drop of water formed on it. Also, to connect the pump and skimmer properly.

post-13947-1229502822.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member
Hey... dun be discouraged. You've done a great job so far, so do persevere and see it through. Its things like this that gives you a greater sense of accomplishment when you finally succeed. Keep it up! :peace:

Sadly to say the tank started leaking again. Just before I left for work, no time so just placed a towel there hopefully to absorb and minimize the flood. Came back from work to see the towel soaked, but it wasn't that bad. Will have to remove half of the water and silicon the leak. Well at least the leak is at the top of the tank, not the bottom.

• SRC Member

I left it for about 4 hours to cure, then just did a quick test to see if it was till leaking. IT WAS!!!

In desperation I had no choice but to cut and tear open the black tape, something that I didn't want to do.

Then I realised that the leak was not at the corner as I expected!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

post-13947-1229624960.jpg

Anyhow dump in about half the pail of LR. More pics to come.

bro really admire your resilience and diy skills...

what u intend to keep?

if u want a 2 ft tank, i tink exact like what u have, plus a little rusty iron stand for free let me know.

mayb then may u can diy to make a sump and have more space for livestock.

cheers

• SRC Member
bro really admire your resilience and diy skills...

what u intend to keep?

if u want a 2 ft tank, i tink exact like what u have, plus a little rusty iron stand for free let me know.

mayb then may u can diy to make a sump and have more space for livestock.

cheers

Hi, haha to be honest I'm not really good at DIY. There are reefers here who can DIY their own tank stand from plywood, and those are the real DIY gurus!

I intend to keep some simple corals like mushrooms and zoos first. I've thought of DIY a sump, but not at this point of time yet. Thanks!