Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Washed and taped up the tank today. Looks so clean and most importantly, new! I like the feeling of new tanks. Everything is the same as before except the seio is now upsidedown.

post-13947-1230815778.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Added all equipment, and fired up the seio. No hassles or disasters this time! Only problem is that the skimmer pump is making alot of noise. I think its spoilt or something, have to find a new pump.

The pic here shows the LR being dumped into the tank with water filled.

post-13947-1230815871.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Changes made from old leaking tank to new tank

1. Cut the acrylic partition to reduce the height of the overflow

2. The hole for the seio is now at the bottom of the tank

3. Skimmer output has been changed back to the original sponge

4. DIY some holders to put the eggcrate (used to place the eggcrate on the seio before)

• SRC Member

Looking good... now that you've lowered your Seio, scaping would be more challenging to avoid blocking the flow entirely. Try stacking the rocks diagonally to create a cave or an arc that allows flow through the entire tank? ^_^

• SRC Member
Looking good... now that you've lowered your Seio, scaping would be more challenging to avoid blocking the flow entirely. Try stacking the rocks diagonally to create a cave or an arc that allows flow through the entire tank? ^_^

Thanks for the comments. I have to scape carefully so as not to blow the flow from the seio. This current scape will do for now. Its hard to create caves and arcs because my LR is too big. Will let the tank cycle for now.

• SRC Member

hmm, u wan some smaller build LRs? i've a 1ft cube of LRs, u may have 'em if u wan =)

Thanks for the comments. I have to scape carefully so as not to blow the flow from the seio. This current scape will do for now. Its hard to create caves and arcs because my LR is too big. Will let the tank cycle for now.

• SRC Member

Thank you all for your comments, I somehow think that the whole leaking episode isn't that bad after all. Cause it gave me a chance to make adjustments to the setup that would benefit me in the long run.

Now I'm not sure if I should placed a piece of prawn to kick start the cycling or just leave it and let the LR dieoffs cycle by themselves?

• SRC Member

Thought I'd fool around with these.

Its 2 mini torch lights with blue bulbs that I got from Taiwan. I somehow already planned to use them as moonlights for the tank.

The left one runs on 2 AA size batteries, while the right one runs on 3 of those round (laser pointer type) batteries.

Long term project: To convert them to AC powered.

post-13947-1230902826.jpg

Hi bro firestarter,

can check why you considering using pentas tank?

may i know the reliability of the tank? possible to crack, leak etc

Is it tampered glass? how thick?

Please advise. thank you very much

My current tank 3ft x 2.5ft x 2ft is using 10mm and for 3yrs nothing happen. So need to understand this tank before I buy.

Thank you again.

Fooyl

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Previous Tank 3 x 2.5 x 2 ft since year 2005. 23 Jan 2009 fully decom my 3ft. Now only left 24"x14"x16" and I am very happy cos can see all my fish in near range.. haha

• SRC Member

bro

i am planning to create a 2feet marine tank like ur as well. i got one lying arnd empty for sometime.

Do you mind if i 'engage' you for help? hahaha

and how much u spent?

cheers!

Buying 2x2x2 tank cabinet with sump :) pm me!

• SRC Member
Hi bro firestarter,

can check why you considering using pentas tank?

may i know the reliability of the tank? possible to crack, leak etc

Is it tampered glass? how thick?

Please advise. thank you very much

My current tank 3ft x 2.5ft x 2ft is using 10mm and for 3yrs nothing happen. So need to understand this tank before I buy.

Thank you again.

Fooyl

I'm only using this tank because I had a spare tank lying around, and want a small setup due to space constraints. From what I know, quite a lots of reefers have used this tank before during the nemo craze. Why don't you get a proper customised tank if you are afraid of it cracking/leaking?

• SRC Member
bro

i am planning to create a 2feet marine tank like ur as well. i got one lying arnd empty for sometime.

Do you mind if i 'engage' you for help? hahaha

and how much u spent?

cheers!

First, you got to tell me what you plan to do with the tank? If you stay near, I'd be more than willing to help you out. But my schedule is kinda tight now cause school just started and I'm working part time also.

Thanks bro!!

I'm only using this tank because I had a spare tank lying around, and want a small setup due to space constraints. From what I know, quite a lots of reefers have used this tank before during the nemo craze. Why don't you get a proper customised tank if you are afraid of it cracking/leaking?

Previous Tank 3 x 2.5 x 2 ft since year 2005. 23 Jan 2009 fully decom my 3ft. Now only left 24"x14"x16" and I am very happy cos can see all my fish in near range.. haha

• SRC Member
First, you got to tell me what you plan to do with the tank? If you stay near, I'd be more than willing to help you out. But my schedule is kinda tight now cause school just started and I'm working part time also.

i stay at dover. Near to SP.

and i plan just to have maybe 2pairs of percs? and LR.. maybe some dempseys. and abit of hardy corals.

is skimmer a must? and im planning to use OHF is it ok?

cheers

Buying 2x2x2 tank cabinet with sump :) pm me!