Firestarter's 2ft Standard tank

Firestarter

• SRC Member

Time for an update guys! As some of you asked, my tank was cycling hence no updates.

Went to PR farms today to get some equipment.

Need to change my skimmer pump as its too noisy. Went straight to 'Auntie' shop and she recommended a smaller pump, Atman 305. Previously using the Atman 104.

post-13947-1231850840.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Forgot to take a picture of the skimmer after I fired the pump up. Results were disappointing. Flow was greatly reduced, and there were not enough bubbles. Sigh. <_<

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Noticed alot of amphipods in my tank. Decided to culture them in my IOS, so I placed a few pieces of LR in the IOS, siphoned a few pods and threw them back in into the IOS. Hope they would multiply.

post-13947-1231851233.jpg

• SRC Member

Forgot to add that I bought a packet of frozen mysis shrimp and a bottle of pallets.

Decided that it was time to buy fishes in preparation for CNY, hate people asking why my tank no fishes. <_<

Did a test for ammonia and result showed NIL.

Here's a pic of the tank after I just released the fishes. I'm not going to say what kind of fishes I bought yet. :ph34r: :ph34r:

post-13947-1231851449.jpg

• SRC Member
ah bro.. so fast stocking up? parameters all ok?

Haha, abit impatient lah so decided to stock abit since I'm free today. Tank has been cycling for a little more than 2 weeks. Did an ammonia test, result showed NIL. Can't find my nitrate kit. Hmmm anyway monitoring my tank now, fishes seems to be enjoying and already feeding so I think its quite ok. One thing that I need to follow up is the skimmer. Not producing enough bubbles after downgrading the pump. :pirate:

• SRC Member
Bro... Armonia drop could mean Nitrite is at its peak, which is equally harmful to fishes. You have been doing well so far, don't let the impatience spoil everything. Just my 2 cents.

No worries. :) I think my tank has already finished cycling. Fishes are swimming actively and feeding aggressively after 3 days of introduction.

• SRC Member
Haha!! The winner is vt snowman!!!

Its a Purple Pseudochromis. :)

haha yay! actually i feel chromis are one of the few underrated fishes in marine.. hardy and damn cheap, but they're actually very beautiful as well.. especially kept in schools..

• SRC Member
haha yay! actually i feel chromis are one of the few underrated fishes in marine.. hardy and damn cheap, but they're actually very beautiful as well.. especially kept in schools..

Can't agree more with you. I think its a good 'starter fish' for new tanks because they help to entice the other fishes to feed. Monkey see monkey do! :blink:

• SRC Member

I need help guys. My skimmer isn't skimming after switching over to a less powerful pump.

Any idea whats wrong with it?

I'm using a Weipro 2011 with Atman 305 pump.

I've adjusted the water level at the neck of the skimmer. Few days ago (was using a Atman 104), the skimmer was doing fine but stopped skimming 1 day before the change. I thought it was because there was nothing to skim, but after 3 days now with the new pump and its still not skimming at all. :angry:

post-13947-1232045458.jpg

• SRC Member

Just came back home and saw this! Fed my fishes with pallets and frozen mysis 5 hours ago. So happy that my skimmer is working after all. Wasn't skimming because there was nothing to skim before I think.

post-13947-1232140637.jpg