Wtb Brazilian gramma

FuEl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Reefer
Still looking.. :thanks:

Hi bro fuel. Have never seen a brazilian gramma in singapore before. Is it rarer than a royal gramma? I suppose so... If i see any, i will let you know ok? I will ask my cousin if he has any. He like those grammas and basslets... will check for u if he have any ^_^

• Senior Reefer
bro lemon,they arent rare.. they come in with brazil shipment, which is not v common now.

last time they do come in to SG

haha ohh. everytime brazil shipment come, i never see leh. haha. or maybe i see, but i tot is royal gramma, coz never go see closely. brazillian gramma the purple and yellow part, more well blended right? and the eye dun have the line. royal gramma the purple and yellow part more abrupt? the change. haha

haha ohh. everytime brazil shipment come, i never see leh. haha. or maybe i see, but i tot is royal gramma, coz never go see closely. brazillian gramma the purple and yellow part, more well blended right? and the eye dun have the line. royal gramma the purple and yellow part more abrupt? the change. haha

Hope will help you, found in this wedsite www.coralrealm.com

280pekl.jpg

Name: Gramma Loreto( Royal gramma)

Size:

This species attains a maximum length of 8 cm (3.1 inches).

Distribution:

Bermuda to the Bahamas, south to West Indies and Venezuela. A single specimen, probably a "waft" or a specimen released by an aquarist, was reported from the Florida Keys.

Habitat:

The royal gramma is typically found in shallower water than its congeners. Although it has been reported as deep as 76 m (250 feet) in some areas, it is most abundant at depths of 1 to 29 m (3.3 to 96 feet). It occurs near large coral heads, steep ledges, under overhangs and in caves. The royal gramma can be found associating with a number of different types of coral species including (Montastrea, Acropora and Diploria). It is most prevalent in areas where the reef has the greatest vertical relief. This type of topography would give this little planktivore access to a larger area of the water column, and food, without it having to stray as far from shelter. It also allows individuals to spread out more, reducing intraspecific competition.

Distinguishing Characteristics:

As mentioned previously, the royal gramma, or fairy basslet, is one of the most ubiquitous fishes in the Caribbean. It is magenta or purple on the anterior portion of the body and yellow or gold on the posterior section. There is a distinct difference in the coloration of the more northern and southern forms of this fish, although the two color forms are considered to be the same species. In specimens from Bermuda, the Bahamas and northern Caribbean (e.g., Cayman Islands) the magenta coloration only extends back as far as the middle of the pectoral fins, while in the more southern color form the darker color occurs back past the ###### fin origin. Individuals throughout the range have a black spot on the anterior portion of the dorsal fin and a diagonal line that bisects the eye. This species also has long, elegant pelvic fins. There is a similar species found of Brazil (the Brazilian gramma [Gramma braziliensis]).

2z5uohd.jpg

Name: Gramma braziliensis( BRAZILIAN GRAMMA)

Size:

10 cm (3.9 inches)

Distribution:

Brazil

Habitat:

It is a shallow water gramma, having been reported from a depth range of 3 to 22 m (10 to 72 feet). It is found along the mainland coast of Brazil, as well near offshore islands. Like its close relative, it is often found under ledges and in caves.

It differs from the royal gramma (Gramma loreto) in having an upper jaw that extends about a one pupil distance beyond the rear margin of the eye and a first dorsal spine that is noticeably shorter than the remainder of the dorsal spines. The color is similar to the royal gramma, but there are no yellow streaks on the head.

BIGBIRD

Tank 1 : 36 x 36 x 30

Tank 2 : 30 x 36 x 30

Sump : 43 x 30 x 15

Light 1 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Light 2 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Wavemaker : 1 x Tunze wavebox

Skimmer : Deltec 701 and Deltec TS 1250 Turbo Skimmer

Chiller : Arctica 1/4

Return pump 1: Rio 32

Return pump 2: Rio 20

Pinpoint : PH meter

Pinpoint : Temp meter

Pinpoint : ORP controller

Ozonizer : Sander C200

Tank1 and 2 : 308gallon

123a4qp.jpg

BIGBIRD

I TALK ANGEL, I EAT ANGEL, I SLEEP ANGEL

• Senior Reefer

ahh. so i was right! the brazillian gramma has the purple and yellow more well blended. the royal gramma one like quite sudden the change from yellow to purple. haha thanks angellove for putting in the effort! thumbs up for u

• SRC Member

Very nice writeup

Hope will help you, found in this wedsite www.coralrealm.com

280pekl.jpg

Name: Gramma Loreto( Royal gramma)

Size:

This species attains a maximum length of 8 cm (3.1 inches).

Distribution:

Bermuda to the Bahamas, south to West Indies and Venezuela. A single specimen, probably a "waft" or a specimen released by an aquarist, was reported from the Florida Keys.

Habitat:

The royal gramma is typically found in shallower water than its congeners. Although it has been reported as deep as 76 m (250 feet) in some areas, it is most abundant at depths of 1 to 29 m (3.3 to 96 feet). It occurs near large coral heads, steep ledges, under overhangs and in caves. The royal gramma can be found associating with a number of different types of coral species including (Montastrea, Acropora and Diploria). It is most prevalent in areas where the reef has the greatest vertical relief. This type of topography would give this little planktivore access to a larger area of the water column, and food, without it having to stray as far from shelter. It also allows individuals to spread out more, reducing intraspecific competition.

As mentioned previously, the royal gramma, or fairy basslet, is one of the most ubiquitous fishes in the Caribbean. It is magenta or purple on the anterior portion of the body and yellow or gold on the posterior section. There is a distinct difference in the coloration of the more northern and southern forms of this fish, although the two color forms are considered to be the same species. In specimens from Bermuda, the Bahamas and northern Caribbean (e.g., Cayman Islands) the magenta coloration only extends back as far as the middle of the pectoral fins, while in the more southern color form the darker color occurs back past the ###### fin origin. Individuals throughout the range have a black spot on the anterior portion of the dorsal fin and a diagonal line that bisects the eye. This species also has long, elegant pelvic fins. There is a similar species found of Brazil (the Brazilian gramma [Gramma braziliensis]).

2z5uohd.jpg

Name: Gramma braziliensis( BRAZILIAN GRAMMA)

Size:

10 cm (3.9 inches)

Distribution:

Brazil

Habitat:

It is a shallow water gramma, having been reported from a depth range of 3 to 22 m (10 to 72 feet). It is found along the mainland coast of Brazil, as well near offshore islands. Like its close relative, it is often found under ledges and in caves.

It differs from the royal gramma (Gramma loreto) in having an upper jaw that extends about a one pupil distance beyond the rear margin of the eye and a first dorsal spine that is noticeably shorter than the remainder of the dorsal spines. The color is similar to the royal gramma, but there are no yellow streaks on the head.

Very nice writeup

Bro cut and paste from website

BIGBIRD

Tank 1 : 36 x 36 x 30

Tank 2 : 30 x 36 x 30

Sump : 43 x 30 x 15

Light 1 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Light 2 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Wavemaker : 1 x Tunze wavebox

Skimmer : Deltec 701 and Deltec TS 1250 Turbo Skimmer

Chiller : Arctica 1/4

Return pump 1: Rio 32