A Little Tank Update

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah... hand also can numb :lol::lol: orange soulder tang here i come... whahahah n lieutenant...but very surprising hor orange shoulder grow big cahnge colour unlike all fresh water fish.. marine fish will changecolour

FYI..... only hawiian orange shoulder look splendid, the one from indo- pacific, IMO adult coloration is not that distinct and awesome

sibeh swee... like luohan... but luohan bigger... :lol: but i see the sohal tang inside the basket hor like cannot turn the body le... feel like catch come out from the basket let it swim :lol:

FYI..... naso vlamingii grow way larger than luohan :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
yeah... hand also can numb :lol::lol: orange soulder tang here i come... whahahah n lieutenant...but very surprising hor orange shoulder grow big cahnge colour unlike all fresh water fish.. marine fish will changecolour

orange shoulder is nice and all but the lieutanent :yeah::yeah::yeah: remember the tang realestate plc in ur tank is very precious. dun become like me keeping 2bt then nw trying to sell off one :fear:

btw guys... will a tang ever change???? i mean after a long time nt seeing clams.... will they remember dat it loves to nip at them??? :blink:

• SRC Member
DA bro unicor tang heard from fellow reefer that the horn in an aquarium hard to come out?btw a wild sohal tang can grow to 16 inches in the wild in aquarium 7 to 10...round pasir ris got saw 1 sohal kena put inide a small contaner sia... pity... :shock:

bro...why never open container and let go.... :o

• SRC Member

ok.. will take note must ask first where it was from... or else bo swee... i saw 2 schroll coral the size of a steering wheel feel like buying put in the middle of my 4 ft tnak... so that when fish tired rest on it :lol: but i don believe that unicoran tang will grow up 2 ft in an aquarium... watu think bros n sis... especially bro DA

• SRC Member

No.... once the unicorn tang matured, horn will definately grow out(especially males) only if yours is the species which horn can developed cos lots of naso juv look very alike and you may got one that may not have horn development..... the one in the pic is a naso vlamingii, a deep water naso tang and will have big nose growinf instead of a horn growing when matured...... ;););)

Adult look like this, swee bo(my favourite naso tang species) ;););)

I think I want to keep Valmingii now...... :whistle but the poo-poo cannot tahan liao.... :lol:

ok.. will take note must ask first where it was from... or else bo swee... i saw 2 schroll coral the size of a steering wheel feel like buying put in the middle of my 4 ft tnak... so that when fish tired rest on it :lol: but i don believe that unicoran tang will grow up 2 ft in an aquarium... watu think bros n sis... especially bro DA

Hmm IMo they wun grow so big in captivity, but they will definately hit 1 feet plus ;););) Anyway let not spoil AP thread... paiseh sis AP

• SRC Member
wah sis AP got new tangs pic u all wan keep... go rent underwater world n keep alot... u wan u can accompany your fish at night at underwater wor... sleep there... than enxt mornign can see again :lol:

he...he...you very cute one say....sleep overnight there.... :lol:

but the orange shoulder there very big liao.....wish can catch and bring home....*slurp*

I think I want to keep Valmingii now...... :whistle but the poo-poo cannot tahan liao.... :lol:

yeah the poo is alot........ Anyway the vlamingii i used to have is in my uncle's tank............ It grows very fast and within 8months, its head starts to potrude and the streamers in the tail starts to get longer..... BTW only male vlamingii is blue in color, female are brown with blue spots

this is Acanthurus Xanthopterus....the largest tang of them all..... :D

Hmm how big does that grow too......... just wonder that an acanthurus tang species can grow bigger than naso tang species

• SRC Member

Hmm how big does that grow too......... just wonder that an acanthurus tang species can grow bigger than naso tang species

I read it somehwere bro.Dispar but I can't remember how big this fella grows to but I know it's the largest of tangs up to date. It's not as colorful as the rest so a few people dismiss this fella. It's easily kept and feeds on anything.