A Little Tank Update

• SRC Member

The Lieutenant Tang is from the reefs of the Maldives Islands and is mostly tan in color with darker lines outlining the body of the fish. The scapulae is circled in a brilliant blue as well as the outline of the ###### fin. The tail in time, will take on a forked appearance as the trailers grow.

A 100-gallon or larger aquarium with large amounts of live rock is necessary to provide both plenty of swimming room, and territories within the live rock. It is aggressive towards other Tangs and Surgeonfish, but is peaceful with other fish.

Found scraping for algae in the wild, in an aquarium, they will generally accept most prepared and frozen foods. Foods high in vegetable matter are necessary such as marine macro-algae like any species of caulerpa, Red Gracilaria feeding algae, and dried seaweed fed with a lettuce clip.

this thingy from liveaquria if wnana know more ;)

bubble gum go where?pasir rs?don have de just ask just now

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

wah AP, you in this hobby 20over years liao, how can not know where is Reefworld? hehe

somemore at pasir ris, near your territory :D

No lah.....I always thought Irwana was freshwater farm thats why never go inside and check not adventurous as you guys...somemore lady wait kenna kidnap liao.... :lol: Must have bodyguard follow me..... :lol: Now I know because when there first time last week.

bubble: you sure u going tomorrow?

normally pasir ris farms on mondays are like just genna ravaged like war like dat, genna plundered and such...coz of the crowds on sat/sun...hehe :lol:

AP: but Reefworld around quite long liao...tot u are their long time customer by now..hehe..never mind...better late than never...so 20 over years ago when u started the hobby...you buy from where one? wa liew..20 over years ago i still playing transformer :lol:

dun worry lah..no need bodyguard one..u 大姐大, show them a few karate chops...all run away... :)

like my 大姐flubberina, no need karate, can charm anyone with some sweet words, all genna charmed and give her discount one :lol:

• SRC Member
bubble: you sure u going tomorrow?

normally pasir ris farms on mondays are like just genna ravaged like war like dat, genna plundered and such...coz of the crowds on sat/sun...hehe :lol:

AP: but Reefworld around quite long liao...tot u are their long time customer by now..hehe..never mind...better late than never...so 20 over years ago when u started the hobby...you buy from where one? wa liew..20 over years ago i still playing transformer :lol:

dun worry lah..no need bodyguard one..u 大姐大, show them a few karate chops...all run away... :)

like my 大姐flubberina, no need karate, can charm anyone with some sweet words, all genna charmed and give her discount one :lol:

for 0ver 20 years been regular at Pacific Marine liao..... :D Thats why got good discount for my 4 x 4 x 2 plus 6 bags of salt.... :lol: but you're right lah....better late then never....he...he

Next time must try flubs trick and charm the LFS owners..... :lol:

• SRC Member
i will become ur bodyguard sis!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: eh but im only 16.... maybe im the one hu need the bodyguard!!! :blink::lol: i will go tmr and report if i see anythng greyish blue with 2bars across the cheecks :rolleyes:

bro bubblegum , appreciate that alot will employ you as body guard..... :lol: If you see any tomorrow please let me know..... :bow::bow: will be ever so greatful..... :thanks:

• SRC Member
Nice tank you have Acanthurus!

:D:D Better than the Monaco Aquarium itself! At least, here is one reefer that is not just bragging! I understand now whay your thread is popular. Very inspiring!

thanks Storm..... :D appreciate your compliments but of course Monaco is alot better....he...he :paiseh:

Glad I could inspire you in some way..... ;)

• SRC Member
not the full adult size as in the picture...not too juvenile either....

i may not be in this hobby for 20 over years...but i know a dussumieri when i see one  :lol:

especially when there is a unique yellow/gold bar near the eye of the face  :lol:

yes, only 1 was brought in... :lol:

oh no.... :o oh man what a waste....because the juveniles can be tricky to identify. I think it was the right size......oh what a waste....I guess I am never there at the right time..... :( How come you didn't get one.....these are seldom brought in..... :)

• SRC Member
can one lah...i am sure you dun have to wait another 20 years more for the next one to land in singapore   :D

but all those beautiful tang pics you posted above all will grow up to be giants u know....you should have gotten a 10ft to 12ft tank to keep those beautiful tangs

no lah.....see P******R*** just brought in one only and that was quickly bought.....it's very coincidental that you came across one at P*******R***..... :lol:

I don't think any reefers here have kept a tang that big in captivity.....otherwise can make steam fish...... :lol:

And I don't think the fishes would grow that quickly either with what we feed them.... :P

Besides , when I remove all my LR I could definitely house these babes....again I've kept Valminggi before..... ;)

actually i am not the only one who saw :rolleyes: ...but yeah..sometimes u need to be at the right place at the right time to get the good stuff....or even better, the right informants :lol:

i think with a 12ft tank, they could do quite well in it..... ;)

aiyo..tangs do grow quite fast if you feed them alot....but anyway, you can always offer them up for adoption in here when they are too big for your liking..hehe