A Little Tank Update

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
from the body shape is close to orange shoulder tang shape....so maybe not so popular with the colour also...i dun think as rare as the gem tang though...since you got space still, u can think of the gem tang as well

yeah....Gem Tang.... :yeah: *slurp* but the Acanthurus Tennentii is seldom seen in LFS as well.... :( Same shape and body structure as the orange shoulder....another fave fish of mine..... :D

• SRC Member
few weeks back i saw 2 of them at pasir ris but now no more... selling at 30 n below... wasted now no more... ltr i going down to pasir ris... if have i will pm u...i thought it brown in colour?

really ah bro? If you do me the favor of PM me I will be ever so greatful..... :bow:

the signature is the 2 bars close to it's gill cover will confirm it's the Lieutenant Tang

thanks...thanks if you see it anywhere.....*slurp*

• SRC Member
sorry what are you all talking about? i know tangs but which tang? orange shoulder tang or gem tang? i got blur liao..

he...he...lieutanent tang bro.....this is it below. There are 2 bars near the gill cover....... :D Orange shoulder has a orange bar near the gill cover.

post-34-1084700812.jpg

• SRC Member

OH! wow.. its really nice but is it this blue in colour? i saw orange shoulder tangs awhile ago.. haha.. are they worth to be kept in a 2ft tank? otherwise i am thinking of getting a moorish idol.. but i scared it wont eat..

###### Ree* W**ld(the many tanks section inside) always bring this fish ...the smaller ones are really nice...beautiful blue shine can be seen on their body ;):lol::lol:

• SRC Member

he...he...lieutanent tang bro.....this is it below. There are 2 bars near the gill cover....... :D Orange shoulder has a orange bar near the gill cover.

mine mine mine mine mine mine :evil::evil::evil::evil:

I WANT ONE ALSO!!!!!!!!! :cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

but i problably hav to take out my big bt :upsidedown::eyeblur:

OH! wow.. its really nice but is it this blue in colour? i saw orange shoulder tangs awhile ago.. haha.. are they worth to be kept in a 2ft tank? otherwise i am thinking of getting a moorish idol.. but i scared it wont eat..

Orange shoulders are big tangs...defintiely not suitable for 2ft tank.... ;)

If DA hears your question...know what.....he'll say ALL tangs are not suitable for 2ft tanks ;):lol:

• SRC Member

bro Deep Blue , where is R*** W****....ah? Can please let me know..... :bow: last time you were selling this ah? Many thanks...... :bow:

sis lets go and raid reefworld tmr :evil: ... u can go buy a shoal of them..... or school? :rolleyes:

This was my favourite orange shoulder from Hawaii..notice the greyish look and colour splitting...it is a young adult...already 5 inches long....imagine when it is full grown....rock works or not...ideally house in 6 to 8 ft tanks

post-34-1084701379.jpg

bro Deep Blue , where is R*** W****....ah? Can please let me know..... :bow: last time you were selling this ah? Many thanks...... :bow:

I have not been to Reef World for 2 weeks liaoz....can go talk to the uncle at the back...see when he is bringin' in the tangs....really, if not for my RIPed Atlantic Blue...I'll never give up the juv Lt. tang...very cute :lol:

be careful..though your tank is huge....3 tangs of same genus...will have little conflict every now and then(tore fin)....(but no major harm) ;)