A Little Tank Update

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
yeah lor...why delete? wat a waste...sigh..

u would be able to prove your earlier balcony skeptics wrong when you have a fully loaded tank as this thread matures.... :)

stay and share with us nice pics of your future sps specimens that you couldn't do the same with your previous 6ft reef :)

ok....got request to keep this thread....even thought boring liao.... :lol: alright...will stock up first for fellow reefers to see and follow.... :D

:thanks: bro.Roidan..... :bow:

*slurp slurp* haven't see your new MH, i start to drool already... :lol:

remember to take closer pics all around the MH when u get it, coz most brochure pics only have the whole length view..but not much on the other angles :)

and anyway, did you buy 2 sets?

coz 1 set will be only good for say a 4ft (L) x2ft (W)coverage,

you will need 2 to cover 4ft by 4ft :)

• SRC Member
*slurp slurp* haven't see your new MH, i start to drool already... :lol:

remember to take closer pics all around the MH when u get it, coz most brochure pics only have the whole length view..but not much on the other angles :)

and anyway, did you buy 2 sets?

coz 1 set will be only good for say a 4ft (L) x2ft (W)coverage,

you will need 2 to cover 4ft by 4ft :)

actually got one set of 2 X 250W with true Acthinic , was told that if I'm only keeping about 30% of SPS I won't require that much lighting unless going full SPS.... :D Hope it's ok though as I'm having a mixed reef instead..... :blink: If worst comes to worst....order another MH..... :whistle $$$$

When the MH arrives will take it at all angles....including the guys installing it.... :lol: You're right , the brochures don't show much of the lights and maybe take it apart to take some shots at the ballast as well..... :D

• SRC Member
in that case if you want the 4ft MH to cover 4x4...u gotta hang it abit higher...otherwise, some areas will be too dark and some areas will be too bright..

you will need to find a sweet spot (height) so that all of your tank gets the light as equally as possible

have fun with the lights :D

OK....... :thanks: Bro Roidan......will remember that when installing because the MH is adjustable with a push of a button....haven't really seen it close up yet. But can't be too high up as well because of the small range of SPS i'll be carrying....so need to adjust from time to time...... :D Hopefully will get some news by the end of this week or earliest next Monday of it's arrival...... :yeah: Many thanks again....will update once the MH arrives..... :D

• SRC Member

hi AP,

dun mind if I ask how much is the chiller that you bought and what brand is it? BTW where did you buy the green bubble that you've juz posted? Thanx!

• SRC Member
hi AP,

dun mind if I ask how much is the chiller that you bought and what brand is it? BTW where did you buy the green bubble that you've juz posted? Thanx!

Hi Nitro ,

The brand of chiller is Artica and the local distributor is JBJ in Singapore.... :D Bought it for a good price , will pm you regarding that.

Bought the Green Bubble at my LFS near my place for $60.00 a few weeks back but corals ark is selling the same in their thread. Take a look.....hope it isn't sold yet if you intend to get. The cat's eye bubble is really striking under lights.... :D