A Little Tank Update

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Can I ask if you place your tank in the balcony?

Scary ...... imagine the load bearing

Balcony is only a cantilever structure  :blink:

From a early previous quote.......the tanks weight is equal to about 16 to 20 people standing at the same time in the balcony.....would HDB build something that would not be able to take the weight.... :blink: There wouldn't be any housewarming parties or get togethers anymore...he..he

• SRC Member
16-20 pple don't stand still in your balcony for 3-4 yrs right? Somemore this 16-20 pple are squeezed into a 4x4ft space :P

ask them to camp overnight lor.......I provide all the comfiness....he...he

not just the corner only lah.....the whole balcony....especially in the centre where there is no beam....... :lol:

whole balcony is about 8ft X 5FT in width.....maybe can convert into bigger tank.....he..he

just observe the walkway whenever you go back home lor...anytime u start seeing cracks...then start to move the tank away lor.....so many things collapse recently, we also dun wanna see a reefer's balcony in the news... :lol:

but if no cracks observed, then by all means carry on lor, after all, already been in place liao mah :D

futhermore your place isn't those new fernvale units in sengkang where there are cracks even before people move in....for those fernvale reefers, better take care of your flooring :)

I hope your "little tank update" won't be updating that your balcony has collapse then that would be news. Like bro Roidan said already, don't put also put already so let it be. If really crack and you need to shift the tank, that's big operation already.

Nevermind after your tank is in new location your RSB will be able to keep the water very clean :eyebrow:

anyway i remembered last time before tiles were layed in my unit...i used something hard like a hammer to knock the floor for fun and i realised that the floor of the balcony doesn't sound as dense as the floors in the living room...i must have been quite bored to do that...must have been waiting for contractor to come or delivery man to come and nothing to entertain myself in the empty place..haha

anyway, even in the living room, there are some spots that sound more dense than other areas....the closer to a nearby wall, the denser the sound, as you go to the center of the room, the sound becomes more echoey or hollow...in my impression it was like that, i may be wrong though

but personally i will never think of putting a tank in the balcony, coz it's one of the places of direct sunlight and even if you put shades/blinds/blackscreens there, the ambient temperature there is one of the highest in a house. :)

• SRC Member

but my place been there for many years liao before move in....bought resale some more....he...he

heard my friends uncle put 2 X 6ft tank in the centre of his living room as divider and until today still standing liao..... :D

if bro Roidan say like fernvale unit then surely make me scared one.... :blink: