A Little Tank Update

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be exact probably having the mid life crisis of the mid life crisis....haha

before earning big money think of retirement liao.... better migrate to somewhere else and have a 20ft tank like some US reefers....

no inheritance to speak off lah...even if have, probably only the reef tank... :lol:

pass on to roidan jrs ah...hope so lor..but by then you already passed on to AP's jrs' jrs liao...hehe.ooops...ok..

back to topic...paiseh divert till chilli crabs and then this... :lol:

• SRC Member

yeah lor Topic can sure drift into something else..... :lol:

Slurp....want to have larger then life tank like the ones in US man... :whistle But first must strike toto then can buy landed property and convert basement into the sump and the first floor into main tank.

don't think you will see me leaving my home after that..... :lol:

• SRC Member

dismantle the ozonizer? :blink: as long as theres dry air passing through it's good as new. Once when you dismantle something like that....it hardly ever works again properly.... :unsure:

AT dismantled his (not the RedSea though) and he could not get it to work properly again....let alone putting it back as it was..... :lol:

there are a few methods that ozonizers use to produce ozone..some have to do regular maintenance of some parts inside the ozoniser to get rid of dirt...

u can push dry air through the ozoniser...but dirt will slowly coat the internal components...this is what i am concerned about...

but maybe just leave it lah hor...dun fix what's ain't broken..

• SRC Member
there are a few methods that ozonizers use to produce ozone..some have to do regular maintenance of some parts inside the ozoniser to get rid of dirt...

u can push dry air through the ozoniser...but dirt will slowly coat the internal components...this is what i am concerned about...

but maybe just leave it lah hor...dun fix what's ain't broken..

what you say is true about dirt coating the internal parts of the ozonizer but it's another thing tearing it apart....unless we have hands on experience in the mechanical field....he..he

This piece of machine doesn't come cheap though and besides the instructions say nothing about dismantling the unit to cleanse it of dirt but i welcome someone to try it though..... :lol: Enough proof from AT's experience to put me off from that.....he..he

What ozonizer brand is yours by the way?

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Sis, which chiller you planning to get? Seems like a lot of ppl are either upgrading chiller or buying new :-)

I was confused in the begining after reading so many recommendations and currently at crossroads with Pacific Coo but might sway to Artica as I read superb reviews in Reef Central...... :eyebrow:

Probably will get DBM - 250

post-34-1081830963.jpg