A Little Tank Update

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

After having all the lighting problems with my supplier and my latest lighting, I really regret not DIY my own lightings.

I have been visiting hardware shops and have seen quite a number of parts that could be used to make nice DIY lighting. I would definitely DIY my own 2 x 250W MH for my next upgrade.

Btw, I went down to try to search for the Mustafa LFS yesterday night. Cannot find leh. :( Maybe its in one of the dark alleys. :P

I think depending on the situation ..... I think an important fixture like the lights should not come second class or be compromised on in any chance. Initially I wanted to save money on that but in reality I think it's worth to get quality products because if anything should go wrong I could always blame it on someone and not myself....... :lol::P

I think depending on the situation ..... I think an important fixture like the lights should not come second class or be compromised on in any chance. Initially I wanted to save money on that but in reality I think it's worth to get quality products because if anything should go wrong I could always blame it on someone and not myself....... :lol::P

No wonder rumours floating around that you spend $30K on your setup, must be lots of secret equipment :P

What bulbs does your MH comes with???

Blame other no use, your tank already affected :P

• SRC Member

No wonder rumours floating around that you spend $30K on your setup, must be lots of secret equipment :P

What bulbs does your MH comes with???

Blame other no use, your tank already affected :P

this lights cost me a bomb already..... :cry: not mentioning the other fixtures of constructing an extra socket for the lights itself.... :cry:

using the aqualine 1000 double ended 2 X 250watts

he..he...what rumor? :angel: ...... :lol:

my Sarcophyton sp. growing larger everyday....just imagine when my lights arrive.... :D

I tot if wan to keep sps cannot have leather coral cos they are toxic... :o Correct me if i am wrong.. :peace:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

I tot if wan to keep sps cannot have leather coral cos they are toxic... :o Correct me if i am wrong.. :peace:

Just get your pails ready.

When sis converts to SPS, we can visit her and remove all the HARMFUL LPS for her. :P

• SRC Member

ah....like that ah....he....he...ok lah....if once I go SPS then you all can get your pails ready like what bro.Dradttg said...... :lol:

maybe wnat to be the first to keep everything under one roof..... :P

ah....like that ah....he....he...ok lah....if once I go SPS then you all can get your pails ready like what bro.Dradttg said...... :lol:

maybe wnat to be the first to keep everything under one roof..... :P

You cant have the best of everything under a roof... Unless you have a under water world in your house... Lolz...

Member of:

• SRC Member

Aggression between leathers and SPS can be kept at a minimum if you have carbon running from what i understand. You will also need a powerful skimmer generally.

Ap, maybe one of your secret devices can help to minimise the agrression between the two species..

can try lor....sekali....I the first to make it happen....like Singapore Idol...... :lol:

alot of people doubt my experience in here..... :fear:

:o No lar not doubting your experience lar... Dun misunderstand... :peace:

Member of:

• SRC Member
Aggression between leathers and SPS can be kept at a minimum if you have carbon running from what i understand. You will also need a powerful skimmer generally.

Ap, maybe one of your secret devices can help to minimise the agrression between the two species..

he...he...maybe so , thats why keeping a mixed reef is a challenge for me and I intend to have best of both worlds in there..... :D Even with my RSB which is nothing compared to the other skimmers in te market right now , I think it's how you personally maintain your tank to an extent..... ;)

My water circulation is excellent at the moment and with the ozonizer attached I hope to acheive something...... :D